da Vinci Villa
Beck's Motor Lodge(San Francisco)
US$252
Hotels.com
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$366
US$243
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$346
US$272
US$219
US$205
  • Restaurant
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$190
Agoda.com
US$465
US$386
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$488
US$290
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
1,112 results
All reviewsthe golden gate bridgevan nessfisherman's wharfheated poolpolk streetrussian hillcontinental breakfastdim sumhard boiled eggsyogurtbus stopbeds were comfortablelombard stpublic transportationghirardelli squarecable carcity
Reviewed 13 April 2012

No more easter egg hunts with a teenager, so we decided to drive up the coast and spend 4 days in San Francisco. Received a great deal @ 50% off for a 3 night stay. We checked in and noticed it was a king size bed when we reserved 2 queens. Although they were sold out for the night, they moved us the next day while we were out and about. The king size bedroom felt small, but was clean and comfortable. Becareful what you asked for....lol, when they moved us to the other room with queen beds, we were given a jr. suite. The room was so big you could do cart wheels. We just laughed and felt like we went from this small room to a room they didn't know how to fill the space. Staff was very friendly and helped us out when needed.
Continental breakfast was really nice. It was located in the cafe downstairs with bagels, bread, dry cereal and juices.
Understand up front there is a $25 per day charge for your car to park and space is not guaranteed. Pay for it and use mass transit. Much easier and less expensive overall. Trust me.
Never used the pool, although it looked really nice and could be used well in the summer months.
Couple of corks, no space in the bathroom to put personal items. Hotel has 2 different elevators to get to different levels of the hotel. Thin walls so you hear neighbors upstairs very well.
Tip for hotel - put small lights in closet to see items. The rooms are dim and its hard to see at night even with the modern lights.

Room Tip: Room on 5th floor with street view. You can open your window feeling safe and get fresh air. All rooms have fans, but this will give you a nice breeze. Lower floors are more convenient to the street and parking lot access, but you hear your neighbors more.
1  Thank jvkforever
Marie S, Manager at da Vinci Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with us how your stay was at the da Vinci Villa. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great time during your stay. We hope to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I decided to stay here when in town for business to avoid the homeless people downtown and Russin Hill/Pacific Heights are both wonderful neighborhood places to stay. The property was decent at best. The housekeeping lady was absolutely delightful even though it took her till around 4pm each day to finally clean my room. The breakfast was pretty bare bone and the service was TERRIBLE!!!!! I waited over 15 min to get a clean table and in my 30 minutes of sitting there was never offered a beverage, thus the next day I skipped it all together. The beds are comfy, the walls are bare. There in only 1 small mirror in the bathroom and no vanity even though the bathroom is quite large. No mirror in the room. The room lighting is dismal. There is a very large desk for all of your business needs. I had no view of the Golden Gate Bridge. The woman at the front desk was very nice. Seriously skip the restaurant, I have never had that terrible service! You can order a mini fridge upon request, but they will charge you. I may come back if I lose my job and can't afford a better place to stay. Looks like they called Ikea to "renovate" and I think Ikea is cheap looking.

Room Tip: Interior rooms not loud, but someone out by the pool was blasting classical music when i was trying to sleep
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank polymerkimist

Dear Guest:

Thank you for writing a comment regarding your stay at the da Vinci Villa. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We value your comment and will use this as a tool to make some improvements.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We just got back last night and we had a wonderful time. We travel quite a bit and this was a great little find. The location was perfect, we walked everywhere! We got a great deal for this hotel and on top of that we received continental breakfast, which saved us time and money. We just ordered some extra eggs with it, and we were ready for the day. We also received with our deal wine and cheese, which was also very nice. Our kids had a great time swimming in the heated pool and helped them relax after a long day of walking. The Sauna was nice for the adults. Although we didn't use it, the gym was really nice and big. I loved the products at the hotel and the room smelled wonderful. It is a small and intimate hotel, so it was a little noisey in the morning when housekeeping was coming in, but other than that no complaints! I thought not having air conditioning was going to be an issue, especially when I am blow drying my hair, but the room was very nice and cool. Oh yes, and the front desk staff super nice and accommodating. I don't know what people are complaining about, you get what you pay for, in our case, we got more. One more thing, the parking it a bit high but i guess it evens out with the free breakfast. Tit for tat! Go and Enjoy! And Tip, we saw a lot of people not even tipping, that is so rude.

Room Tip: First floor centrally located and you don't have to wait for elevators.
2  Thank Lovetospend
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Our room was extremely clean. The staff was friendly & knowledgeable; they were quite helpful in where to go/how to get there. The room was comfy and well decorated. Good location.

1  Thank MEJDoane
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I booked this hotel on Hotels.com and it was merely for a 2 day layover to our trip to Mexico from the East coast. For the amount I paid I was not expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised, the lobby seemed new and the staff was very pleasant and helpful, the night we arrived it was raining and they lent us a umbrella to when we went out. The room it self was immaculately clean and also seemed to be recently redone, the bathroom too, there was free wifi which allowed my wife and I to do a bit of work, and when we needed to print the business center was available and working properly.

The location of the hotel was also perfect, on the corner of Van Ness and Filbert, it is one block over from the Polk Street that is lined with restaurants and bars. Also it is only a short walk to the wharf where there is plenty of restaurants and tourist attractions to do.

The one thing I would say has room from improvement would be the attached restaurant to the hotel, Caffe Como, the hotel offered a free Continental Breakfast which was just muffins, bagels and fruit (typically continental means eggs and sausage to me) and the whole feel of the place reminded me of a cafeteria.

Overall the stay at Da Vinci Hotel was very pleasant and I would be happy to stay there again as long as the price stayed the same.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business