“Good Location, well maintained and friendly staff”
Review of da Vinci Villa

da Vinci Villa
Ranked #112 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Family road trip starting in San francisco. We stayed in the family suite, had 1 king and 2 queen beds, large corner sofa , writing desk. It was a very large room , comfortable , 2 large screen tv's , ipod docs and free wifi so the kids were happy. The bathroom wasn't large but enough for the 5 of us, yes no vanity but not a problem. Lots of wardrobes if you wanted to stay for awhile. The room was clean and well presented. The beds were comfortable and bedding was good. Our room backed onto the elavator , my wife is a light sleeper but wasn't disturbed by any noise. Staff were polite and helpful , came up right away when I couldn't get the safe to work. The kids used the pool and loved it , great to relax after a day sightseeing and as it was heated they enjoyed swimming in the rain. Gym looked good but we didn't use it. I did use the parking and yes it was $25 but this is san francisco and I was charged $32 for half a day parking in the city. Good location , we used the restaurant for dinner and breakfast , stay were polite abd helpful too. Yes it looks basic but the food and the service was good. Breakfast was fine for us too, wasn't busy for us. We stayed 2 nights and would stay there again. I did read the reviews before I booked, didnt experience any of the issues that others have , although the rooms are abit dimm! For us it was good value, getting an equivalent suite or 2 rooms elsewhere would have been twice or 3 times the price. We have been to san francisco a couple of times before and this hotel compares well with the other places we have stayed.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank footycoach
Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed there in early April. I was immediately disappointed when we arrived. The staff was nice but the room left much to be desired. Bare bones decor, no vanity in the bathroom and noisy all the time. I too was concerned with the safety we had someone knocking on our door at 3 am I immediately had my boyfriend get up and check the door to make sure we had locked and set the security bar because as many other guests have stated any one can just walk in from the outside. The elevators are gross and super slow. My main problem with this hotel is that it is not as advertised if you book an upscale boutique hotel you should not end up at a barely remodeled motel. You will be disappointed. Continental Breakfast was good though and I received good service there.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Martrip2012
Reviewed 14 April 2012

\if you want a good sleep try elsewhere the televison is on the adjacent wall to next room so people who are deaf or like lod music disturb everuone else especially until 4 in morning suggest go elsewhere

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2012

No more easter egg hunts with a teenager, so we decided to drive up the coast and spend 4 days in San Francisco. Received a great deal @ 50% off for a 3 night stay. We checked in and noticed it was a king size bed when we reserved 2 queens. Although they were sold out for the night, they moved us the next day while we were out and about. The king size bedroom felt small, but was clean and comfortable. Becareful what you asked for....lol, when they moved us to the other room with queen beds, we were given a jr. suite. The room was so big you could do cart wheels. We just laughed and felt like we went from this small room to a room they didn't know how to fill the space. Staff was very friendly and helped us out when needed.
Continental breakfast was really nice. It was located in the cafe downstairs with bagels, bread, dry cereal and juices.
Understand up front there is a $25 per day charge for your car to park and space is not guaranteed. Pay for it and use mass transit. Much easier and less expensive overall. Trust me.
Never used the pool, although it looked really nice and could be used well in the summer months.
Couple of corks, no space in the bathroom to put personal items. Hotel has 2 different elevators to get to different levels of the hotel. Thin walls so you hear neighbors upstairs very well.
Tip for hotel - put small lights in closet to see items. The rooms are dim and its hard to see at night even with the modern lights.

Room Tip: Room on 5th floor with street view. You can open your window feeling safe and get fresh air. All roo...
1  Thank jvkforever
Marie S, Manager at da Vinci Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with us how your stay was at the da Vinci Villa. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great time during your stay. We hope to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I decided to stay here when in town for business to avoid the homeless people downtown and Russin Hill/Pacific Heights are both wonderful neighborhood places to stay. The property was decent at best. The housekeeping lady was absolutely delightful even though it took her till around 4pm each day to finally clean my room. The breakfast was pretty bare bone and the service was TERRIBLE!!!!! I waited over 15 min to get a clean table and in my 30 minutes of sitting there was never offered a beverage, thus the next day I skipped it all together. The beds are comfy, the walls are bare. There in only 1 small mirror in the bathroom and no vanity even though the bathroom is quite large. No mirror in the room. The room lighting is dismal. There is a very large desk for all of your business needs. I had no view of the Golden Gate Bridge. The woman at the front desk was very nice. Seriously skip the restaurant, I have never had that terrible service! You can order a mini fridge upon request, but they will charge you. I may come back if I lose my job and can't afford a better place to stay. Looks like they called Ikea to "renovate" and I think Ikea is cheap looking.

Room Tip: Interior rooms not loud, but someone out by the pool was blasting classical music when i was trying...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank polymerkimist

Dear Guest:

Thank you for writing a comment regarding your stay at the da Vinci Villa. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We value your comment and will use this as a tool to make some improvements.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We just got back last night and we had a wonderful time. We travel quite a bit and this was a great little find. The location was perfect, we walked everywhere! We got a great deal for this hotel and on top of that we received continental breakfast, which saved us time and money. We just ordered some extra eggs with it, and we were ready for the day. We also received with our deal wine and cheese, which was also very nice. Our kids had a great time swimming in the heated pool and helped them relax after a long day of walking. The Sauna was nice for the adults. Although we didn't use it, the gym was really nice and big. I loved the products at the hotel and the room smelled wonderful. It is a small and intimate hotel, so it was a little noisey in the morning when housekeeping was coming in, but other than that no complaints! I thought not having air conditioning was going to be an issue, especially when I am blow drying my hair, but the room was very nice and cool. Oh yes, and the front desk staff super nice and accommodating. I don't know what people are complaining about, you get what you pay for, in our case, we got more. One more thing, the parking it a bit high but i guess it evens out with the free breakfast. Tit for tat! Go and Enjoy! And Tip, we saw a lot of people not even tipping, that is so rude.

Room Tip: First floor centrally located and you don't have to wait for elevators.
2  Thank Lovetospend
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Our room was extremely clean. The staff was friendly & knowledgeable; they were quite helpful in where to go/how to get there. The room was comfy and well decorated. Good location.

1  Thank MEJDoane