“Nice hotel with great location.”

Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Ranked #63 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice hotel with great location.”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Great location. It is a downtown hotel, my client is within 5-minute walk distance. I will come again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Lake Elsinore, California
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights during my business trip to exhibit Semicon West and Intersolar at the Moscone Center. This hotel is only 2 blocks from the Moscone which is very convinient. It is located in a nice business area of the city called Somas. We did not see homeless people around in this area and there are lots of good restaurants in walking distance. The room is medium size with large flatscreen TV, free WIFI and a very comfortable typical Marriott bed. It was quiet every night I was there and the sleep comfort was very good. The bathroom is smalish and basic. Everything is there and works well but for a girl (me) the counter space around the sink is to small. Layout is kind of strange with the door to the bathroom and it was in my way when I was getting myself ready. I also reserve the conference room for a business meeting. Tye service was very good and efficient during my stay and I will book a room block at this hotel again for our tradeshow team next year.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. Ask for room looking towards Bay Bridge. I had a nice view on the 1...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed in this location two different times in one week (on either end of a Yosemite visit). The staff was very helpful and friendly, and the room met all of our needs.

Parking anywhere in the city is expensive, so if you can avoid bringing a car, that is a real money-saver. The parking staff was as friendly and helpful as anyone at the hotel, but $50/day adds up. Expense aside, the service is convenient and helpful.

We requested and received extra towels and pillows, and the room was as clean and convenient as I've come to expect from a Marriott property.

The hotel is primarily in the business district, so it is a big of a walk to the Fisherman's Wharf or other local tourist attractions. We knew that, so it wasn't a problem, but check the map if you are coming in for a weekend to see the San Francisco sights. The hotel is a short walk from the waterfront, so if you are a jogger, it is a quick trip down the road to get onto a smooth, jogger-friendly waterfront path.

We ate three meals in the hotel, one in the room. All were prepared well, and the breakfast buffet was terrific. All were expensive, of course, relative to a similar meal outside of the hotel, but the convenience was nice and the staff was excellent.

The hotel was very easy to get to coming from the Oakland side over the Bay Bridge on the way back from eastern California. It was not at all difficult to find on the was from SFO, either.

I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend. Staff was nice and the hotel clean. It was my first trip to San Fran. This hotel was located in the SOMA neighborhood ( south of market street) if you want to be where it's hip and happening, this isn't it, although short walks can lead you to more sight seeing areas. This was fine with me because public transit is very accessible, and the hotel price was lower than others in touristy areas.

As for the hotel, the rooms were clean and very comfortable. I had the breakfast buffet for $17.99 and it was tasty. I also drank at the bar. It was an off night, as only maybe 6 people were there, but the bartenders made it a blast. The one woman in particular ( forgot her name but she had locs) was very cool, funny, and accommodating. Definitely a fun place to unwind.

The hotel also has a Starbucks in the lobby and a little market, although it's one of the smallest markets I've seem at a courtyard.

We did have a car, and valet at the hotel was NOT cheap, however we used street parking a block up on Saturday.

• Stayed July 2012
Terre Haute
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is the second time I stayed here for a convention at the Moscone Center. The hotel is a couple of blocks from the convention center (too close to take a bus) so plan on walking. The room was spacious except for the layout of the bathroom door. Instead of opening into the bathroom, it opened into the room. The closet doors and sink were right in the way. It was not very well designed. I really missed a refrigerator in the room--especially when staying for several days it's nice to have a cold drink at night. The beds were okay. For some reason, my legs and feet just throbbed in the bed and I did not sleep well. (Once we moved to a different hotel for the rest of out trip--I slept soundly). I'm not convinced the beds were uncomfortable, I just think it didn't support me in the right places.
There were no problems with the WiFi. The Starbucks in the lobby was convenient to catch a bite on the way to the meeting. Room Service was okay but the salad wasn't filling.
I did feel very comfortable in this hotel and they allowed me to stay in the same room as I switched from my meeting reservation to a personal reservation for vacation. Consierge is helpful. A couple of blocks of walking and you can be at Market street to catch the trolley cars or cable cars. You can walk from the Montgomery Street BART station--but it is several blocks (uphill) so go light on the luggage.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom suite here over the Fourth of July weekend. We actually took advantage of a special rate they were running that included the parking fee ($50/day). This was an excellent opportunity to save some money and stay at a beautiful hotel in a convienient location. The service was excellent and the hotel has wonderful amenities. I stayed here several years ago and the property has not changed in quality. It is close enough to use public transportation and there are excellent restaurants near by.

Room Tip: Look for special rates that include parking which is very pricey in San Francisco...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here with our family and friends for our wedding weekend. We chose this hotel because it was within walking distance to AT&T Park, where our reception was held, and because we could reserve a block of rooms for our guests at a group rate. We were oh-so-pleasantly surprised at the comfort, convenience, and customer service here. The staff were extremely courteous and went out of their way to help us with any of our needs, including some last minute guests. We travel a lot and have to say that this hotel was well worth the money. The parking is high (51.00), but we found that this is not unusual for San Francisco, and the valet service for our cars was great. Having a restaurant, bar, and Starbucks was a plus, although the hours of the bar and the Starbucks are a little slim, considering, but at least they were right in the hotel. The room was beautiful and spa-like, and included a coffee maker - ours also had a hide-a-bed couch. We will definitely return here soon for a mini-vacation and we don't even have to stay at a hotel in the City...we only live an hour and a half away!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple