“Good middle class hotel; good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard San Francisco Downtown

Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Ranked #63 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Tilburg, The Netherlands
“Good middle class hotel; good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Location of this hotel is excellent. A lot of the SF highlights can be reached by foot or by BART/Muni/bus which are close by (5 min walk).
The hotel has good and clean rooms and great beds. Breakfast is also very good with a lot of freshly prepared dishes. Internet is working properly and fast enough for most applications.
The staff of the hotel is friendly and willing to help you out.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Esdeka
Debbie B, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Downtown, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I am thrilled you enjoyed the location, service and amenities of our hotel. I will certainly pass on to our team your kind remarks regarding our friendly staff . Thank you again for your review. Debbie Bonafede, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I really liked this property. Centrally located to downtown, easy walking distance to BART, Union Square, ChinaTown, SFMOMA, and plenty of restaurants. Staff is super friendly - everyone seems to want to make you feel at home. On-site restaurant, exercise, and Starbucks. Room was clean, quiet, comfortable and well appointed (free Wi-Fi, in-room coffee). Cozy, plush bed and pillows. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cinncitraveler
Thank you for your recent review. I am thrilled you enjoyed both the location and amenities of our hotel. We are certainly fortunate to offer our guest easy access to the downtown BART station. Thank you again for your review. Debbie Bonafede, General Manager.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was happy to find this hotel which is between a family home south of San Fran and the sights of the city. The lobby and rooms are good and there are always taxis outside to get you quickly where you want to go.

The room with 2 double beds is more than adequate.

Staff helpful.

Room Tip: The higher up, the less ground noise,
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eclipsegroupie
Debbie B, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Downtown, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like the location of our property could not be more ideal for your needs. Wonderful! We look forward to having you as our guest again whenever your travels bring you back to the City by the Bay!
Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

This property has a lovely location downtown San Francisco. Close to all the tourist destinations, shopping, dinning and you can easily access the tour buses right in front of the hotel. There is a Starbucks on premises.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for your kind review! I am happy our location worked so well for your visit. The tour bus pick up in front of the hotel is, indeed, a great convenience! Please come visit us again soon! Debbie Bonafede, General Manager
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I was on a business trip with several of my laptops. Overall, the hotel was suitable but made my stay uncomfortable or uneasy. First, there is no safe in the room, and I had to leave my laptops with sensitive information open to the maid and the open door during room service. I therefore decided to stay and have the room made during my presence everyday. Opting out of room service was an obstacle because the maid constantly left notes on my door. A hotel like this should purchase closet safes--simple. Secondly, the airport shuttle left without me, even though I had a reservation. No call to my room, and I was in fact waiting in front of the service desk. I took a taxi cab instead. Note the shuttle is not free in any case. Third, the AAA rate apparently increased the price of the room when I asked to stay an extra day. This response by the front desk was dubious, as I called the 1-800 number and it did the opposite. Finally, I tried to respond to a courtesy email survey; but after a month it apparently expired. Why? We don't have time to suit the management's schedule; they should be accommodating us if they want our return business.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tearsforhari
Debbie B, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Downtown, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the lack of a safe in your room. We are in the process of rectifying this situation as I completely agree the hotel should provide this amenity. Please know I have communicated your comments to our property and corporate team regarding the availability of your AAA rate and the inability to complete the hotel survey. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to San Francisco. Debbie Bonafede, General Manager
Albany, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a good hotel, with clean, modern and comfortable rooms. Sleep was no problem - our room was quiet. The hotel offers an on-site restaurant and a Starbucks, which provides an economical breakfast alternative. My impression is that this hotel might be a bit better for business guests than for tourists, since the location is not very near major tourist attractions.

Room Tip: We had a room on a high floor, which was quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am so glad you were comfortable during your stay and were pleased with the comfort of your room. I am happy you enjoyed a good night’s sleep! We often hear feedback on how quiet our rooms are considering we are in the middle of the City! Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel! Debbie Bonafede, General Manager
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Just stayed here March 2-5 and the Check in process was quick, efficient and easy. I received an upgrade to a city view room on the 16th floor, which was a great surprise (if you are a gold member, request an upgrade). The room was clean, the products were great and there were at least 10 different outlets in the room for electronics. The room service was excellent and not overly priced.

Rachel at the Front Desk recommended a fantastic restaurant that really made my trip. It's called Jamber and serves wine from tap! The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the ferry building, AT&T park and the shopping on Geary st. In that sense, the hotel is perfect for business travelers and tourists alike. I was there doing a bit of both so I was very glad I picked this hotel. I also have to add that the front desk staff is incredibly nice! I am terrible at names but everyone we met was very kind and helpful.

Yes, it is a bit dated and the rooms could have a better layout, but for the price you are paying it is well worth it considering the high price tag on the hotels nearby. I definitely would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, city view room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MLE91
Thanks so much for the wonderful review of our hotel! I am delighted you enjoyed our hotel! Please be assured I will let Rachel know how much you enjoyed Jamber! I have been there myself and was also impressed they had wine on tap. It was the first time I had seen this but apparently it is becoming more of a trend. Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel! Debbie Bonafede, General Manager