“excellent rooms and service for the price”

Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Ranked #63 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Chevy Chase, MD
“excellent rooms and service for the price”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here in two rooms (husband, wife, and two teenagers) in the first week of April. In town for a family wedding. Rooms were comfortable, staff was accommodating. We arrived at different times, including odd hours, and the staff saw to it that each of us had a key waiting at the desk and were taken care of. For a stay in downtown San Francisco in a clean hotel the price was very reasonable. Most impressive of all, I left my prescription sunglasses somewhere in my room or at the front desk. I called and left a message on their "lost and found" service, including address and credit card information as instructed. Never heard back from them by phone so I feared the glasses were gone forever. Instead, they arrived in the mail about five days later. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Debbie B, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Downtown, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel and for your kind feedback on the service you experienced from the staff. I am very happy to hear that we were able to find your sunglasses and get them back to you. Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel. Debbie Bonafede, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here one night for work in Feb 2014. The location was excellent. The hotel was comfortable but could have been any business hotel in any city in the country. My company has a discount with the hotel but, apparently, that discount can't be used if you book too close to the date of stay. For that reason, the hotel was really expensive as you might expect for its location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear the location of our hotel worked well for your recent business trip. Please let me know if I can assist you with future trips to San Francisco. Thank you again for taking time to complete a review of our hotel. Debbie Bonafede, General Manager.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I like this hotel so much that I've now stayed here 3 times already. It's perfectly located at 2nd and Folsom. 5 mins walking distance to The Financial District and Market Street, and walkable distance to Pier 39. You can find ample of restaurants and bars around so no hassle of wondering where to eat.

The hotel itself has a great lobby, a beautiful courtyard, a great bar, a good restaurant, and a Starbucks outlet right at the reception area.

If you're a ball game fan, the AT&T park is also about 15 mins on foot from the hotel.

You can easily access BART and CalTrain stations on foot.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable, clean, and offer a great view, irrespective of which floor you stay on.

The only drawback I found was the lack of a Minibar in the room. I'm sure the folks would be quick to provide me one, but I didn't need it anyway.

Overall, a great stay, yet again. Will definitely be back again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that “You’ll Keep Coming Back”!! Be assured I will share your wonderful feedback with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to San Francisco. Thanks again for your kind review. Debbie Bonafede, General Manager
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Everything was excellent including the free WiFi :)

The only thing I did not like that much was the breakfast, seemed to be simple and not that good as expected for $19.95

People attending was very nice, except for a taxi driver (not part of the Hotel of course) outside who did not want to take me to the Moscone center arguing me I could walk! =P

Room Tip: Choose upper level rooms, and probably choose the ones looking at the bridge.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank christianita
Thank you for your recent review. I am so happy you enjoyed our service and amenities, especially the free wi-fi! Although, as you mention, we are not responsible for the San Francisco cab drivers, please accept my apologies for the lack of service you experienced from one of our local cab drivers. Thank you again for your kind review. Debbie Bonafede, General Manager.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel is clean, quiet and well-located. If you're attending meetings in the financial district, SOMA or Moscone - this is an good choice for a 1-3 night stay. The hotel met my expectations for a Courtyard. Unlike many CYs, there is a Starbucks and a restaurant in the bottom of the hotel. Makes a late arrival or early departure quite easy if you need food or a coffee. The room and the facility were very clean. The only drawback that I see is that there was no safe in the room. However, that did not make a difference during my stay. My biggest valuable during business travel is my computer, and I take it to work and client meetings. No sweat.

Are there more luxurious places to stay in SF? Sure. Is this a clean, efficient option for a short term stay for work? Absolutely.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy our location and amenities worked well during your recent business trip. I am especially happy that you were able to enjoy our Starbucks and Restaurant. Please know we are addressing the lack of a safe in our guest rooms. Thank you again for your kind review. Debbie Bonafede, General Manager.
Veneta, Oregon
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We host exchange students every year and try to give them as many adventures as possible. In doing so we are always looking for a bargain without giving up quality. In searching for a hotel for our recent trip to San Francisco over spring break we found "Courtyard San Francisco Downtown" with two queen beds at a steal of a price. Finding a hotel that has queen beds in San Francisco seems to be a challenge all in its own. In addition to the two queen beds we look for a place that we can park the car and walk to as many attractions and/or public transportations as possible. This was our first time here and were pleasantly surprised at how close to Union Square we were as well as the "F" line. The room was one of the largest we have stayed in while visiting San Francisco. Another feature that "I" love is that the vanity is separate from the shower and commode. With being the only female in our group this helps speed things ups in the morning. There was also a Starbucks in the lobby with some snacks to get us started in the morning. We did see that there was a bar....but it did not seem to be open when we were interested in a mid-day cocktail, which was okay, we just ventured down the street. In addition to the two queen beds that was also a chair and ottoman for relaxing after a long day of walking. The boys also enjoyed the view from the room. Valet parking is of course expensive, but that is normal for the area; Though we did like that we did not have to get the car until 3pm the day that we checked out. (Plus if we needed to leave it longer it would only be an additional $10 for every two hours. So we did not feel rushed before heading out.) Over all we really enjoyed staying here. We will look at this hotel for future visits.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to give us so much feedback on your recent trip to San Francisco. I am thrilled you enjoyed the location, service and amenities of our hotel. I was especially happy to hear our hotel worked very well for travelling with your exchange students! Thank you again for your kind review. Debbie Bonafede, General Manager.
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Location of this hotel is excellent. A lot of the SF highlights can be reached by foot or by BART/Muni/bus which are close by (5 min walk).
The hotel has good and clean rooms and great beds. Breakfast is also very good with a lot of freshly prepared dishes. Internet is working properly and fast enough for most applications.
The staff of the hotel is friendly and willing to help you out.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Esdeka
Thank you for your recent review. I am thrilled you enjoyed the location, service and amenities of our hotel. I will certainly pass on to our team your kind remarks regarding our friendly staff . Thank you again for your review. Debbie Bonafede, General Manager.