“Great weekend”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Great weekend”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Great location, good size and comfy room, clean, excellent service throughout. The front desk staff was attentive to all our queries. One cannot fail to notice the personalized touches in the room. Cute!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Wayne, NJ
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed here Christmas week for family vacation. The hotel gladly gave us adjoining rooms when requested. The location was great. Easy walking distance to Chinatown and Union Square. Restaurant and room service was excellent. Entire staff could not be nicer and more accommodating. Rooms were luxurious and spotless. We were on the back side of the building which was quiet and a view of the bay. Can't wait to come back and stay again!!

Room Tip: They assign the rooms the night before your arrival date so call then for room requests. High floor...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

If you are looking for a luxurious, modern, elegant, clean and very comfortable, and cozy hotel; a convenient and safe location with quick and easy walking access to the SF tourist sites, the financial district, Union square, and numerous shops, restaurants, and taxis and cable cars at your doorstep; And the MOST friendly, warm, helpful, engaging and inviting staff you have EVER met then stay at the Omni SF!!!!!!!!! The hospitality of the staff is superior and unparalleled and will make you feel like you are a prince/princess and yet at home and among family/friends!!!

After a conference in Marin, I chose to spend some time playing in SF on my own. I chose the Omni because as a single woman travelling on my own, and being somewhat unfamiliar with the area, I wanted a safe location with easy access to the major tourist sites and a sense of luxury. Compared to other 4+ to 5 star hotels, this was financially the best deal! I had intended to spend one night at the Omni and then go to a friends house for 1 night and then stay at the Fairmont. Well guess what? I changed my plans and am back at the Omni currently enjoying my freshly brewed delivered coffee to my room (free) and my free wi-fi in a most comfy armchair.

As a physician who has had the opportunity to stay in some of the world's finest resorts, I must say that I have never come across as warm, friendly, helpful and genuine staff in my life as I did at the Omni SF!! They are attentive, passionate about what they do and they naturally go out of their way to offer superior service. Allow me to share by example...

-Upon check-in, I was warmly greeted by Michael P. He on his own said "Let me see what is the best room I can give you". I had paid for a basic room but since they did have availability he put me in a room with a gorgeous view of the bay! He then proceeded to take out a map, answer my questions and give me restaurant recommendations (and printed out menus for me)and gave me sightseeing recommendations. He must have spent at least 10 minutes with me! I felt like I was the only guest in the lobby (not the case)

-The next day I ran into the concierge Lex. He is a walking encyclopedia and is obviously so passionate about his city. I asked for a recommendation for the best dim sum in the area. Not only did he give me a great tip and showed me the location on a map, on his own he escorted me out of the hotel, and walked me down a block to point out in person what street to take! That's unheard of! ( I am just a simple guest,not a VIP).

-The general manager Is a very friendly, down to earth, hands on manager. He spent time in the lobby greeting guests in the afternoon. He gave me his card, encouraged me to reach out to him if he could help in any way, and thanked me for staying at the Omni. Now that is class!

-Everyone I met greeted me with a warm welcome and clearly took an interest in means my stay. I remember the many "Good morning!!!!s) I received on my first morning
Need I say more? No. But I will!
Other neat pearls...
-The most plush and royal in-room carpeting my feet have ever felt!- a great massage for the feet simply by walking on it
- Large room size, comfortable bed,nice 32 inch LCD TV, clean and spotless room
-Elegant furnishings and fixtures in the rooms and main lobby (Italian marble, mahogany wood, silk curtains, light calming wall colors)
-Delicious food (and huge portions!!) in the restaurant at reasonable prices
-Taxis parked in front of the hotel and a cable car stop in front of the hotel
-Safe,clean location (with no pan-handlers unlike other streets in the area)
-A few walking blocks to the waterfront, upscale boutiques and department scores at Union Square and a multitude of cafés, restaurants and convenience shops
-Freshly brewed delivered pot of coffee (or AM beverage of choice-tea, juice, milk) at predesignated time of day and free fast in-room Wi-Fi (As a select guest rewards member-free membership)

Whenever I travel to SF, I will surely stay ONLY here. It has been a visit with pampered luxury and a feeling of being at home with the family..such a unique combination rarely found elsewhere!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Sunita K
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed for 5 days in this lovely hotel Dec 22-26) and definitely enjoyed our stay. Service was good. Checking in was fast and the front desk personnel are pleasant. Actually all their staff are pleasant and attentive. We were given a room on the higher floor as I requested facing California St. The room was clean and of good size although the bed was too soft for me. Every night when we arrive, there's a box of milk and cookies for my daughter which I thought was a very thoughtful gesture. The lobby has warm apple cider and gingerbread for the guests.

Now for some negatives, Not really major ones but still worth considering as room for improvements. It mostly concerns housekeeping. Our pillows didn't have pillowcases when we arrived. As I always bring my own pillow I did not notice this until the next morning when I was fixing our bed. I noticed they only had pillow protectors. As I was writing a note for housekeeping to put pillowcases somebody knocked on our door to deliver the pillowcases. This just validates that they knew our pillows didn't have pillowcases. The glasses we used were taken but were not replaced. The shower caps were not replenished. On both cases I had to call in the evening to ask for glasses and shower caps. Service though was fast. But cleanliness of the washroom can still be improved [comparatively speaking from the other hotels of the same ranking where we've stayed]. Apart from these incidents, overall experience was great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Location is excellent and it is very close to multiple points of access, restaurants, shops. The service was great, specially the guys at the door, always smilling and wishing us good day, good night, have a nice dinner, recommended us places and advised us a lot!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniela M
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have just spent a week at the Omni and I cannot fault it. We arrange through the hotel a car pick up at the airport and that all went smoothly and they also have a car to take you to local addresses for free at certain times, which is a great touch. The location is brilliant as you are close enough for the shops but not too on top of them to be hectic. We looked at other hotels in Union Square while we were there to compare and felt they were too big and frantic compared to the Omni. All the staff greet you and are happy and there is a coffee station and apples in the reception each day and during the holidays it was hot cider and gingerbread men so a nice touch. Bobs steak house is good and we had breakfast there each day but there is plenty of cafes around. Room service was quick and the food was good and the rooms were clean and of a good size. We didn't feel like we were a number here but people and we were treated with respect. We would book here again and joining their loyalty programme was a must you get great benefits.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank janesmithhk
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We stayed here for a special occasion and found it to be in a a great location, had excellent service and a beautiful, comfortable room! I like their loyalty program as well as with the wifi included and a beverage. Made a special occasion even better. Thank you very much!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple