“Wonderful stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
West Covina, California
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a great stay at the Omni for a weekend trip. The customer service is what I think was the best for us. The staff was so courteous and helpful that it really made our stay that much nicer. The room was very nice and the bed was really comfy too. We did try the restaurant for breakfast and again the staff was great and the food was ok, not great food for the price. We would not hesitate to stay here again...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The hotel is ideally located with valet parking. The staff at the hotel as well as the service was wonderful. The gym was very good with some free weights. The major drawback are the rooms. They are extremely small compared to the other high end hotels that I have stayed at.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jackson, NJ
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I actually had two stays one for business the other for leisure. My wife stayed with me for all four nights and the hotel staff gave her a list of things she could do when I was not around. Overall the hotel was very nice and the staff very friendly. One complaint my room was not ready when I arrived (2 PM) so I was downgraded to an available room after the loyalty rep had upgraded me prior to arrival. Also the room was very noisy maybe vecause it's an older hotel so if you are a light sleeper you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Redding, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We try and stay at the Omni, San Francisco, as often as we can when we come to SF, they have the best staff, we get treated like gold. The rooms as beautiful, clean, beds are great. I love the morning tea and/or coffee that is left for you at your door step at no extra charge. I would recommend the Hotel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2014

From the moment I pulled up it was a very impressive experience. The valet immediately met me at my vehilce and was friendly, nice perk is if you are spending sat night there its only 37 to park overnight, which is cheap by SF standards, the loby is stunning, and the front desk staff was friendly as well as quick to help me. Upon arriving at the room, I did the tests I saw from Hotel Impossible and could not find any dust anywhere, that on top of the room being very well done and comfortable was great. I will definitely plan on staying here again for my next trip to SF.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David B
London
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel in a good location. The room was lovely, very big and very tastefully decorated. Beautiful bathroom too, and staff were all friendly.

As you would expect from a hotel of this nature, its not cheap, and that includes everything in the hotel too I.e. minibar, hotel bar etc but that is expected in a hotel like this in the heart of the city.

Now, ordinarily I would have given the hotel a great rating but they charge for Internet! I normally don't even go to hotels that don't have free internet, I overlooked this one. I think its totally unacceptable in this day and age to charge for internet, its a necessity not a luxury, and its so cheap there is no justification for a hotel like this to charge. Not only do they charge, but its a completely disproportionate charge (something like 15 dollars for 3MB).

Come on Omni, you let yourself down, and although you provide free internet in the lobby, its just not good enough....

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SunnyUK
Wendy C, Director of Sales at Omni San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Good afternoon, Sunny UK,
Thank you so much for your response, I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to San Francisco and to the Omni!

I am so sorry that you were dismayed with the charge for your internet usage. We do provide complimentary internet access for all of our Select Guest members and would love it if you would join prior to your next visit. Not only does it provide complimentary internet access at any Omni Hotel or Resort, but also provides complimentary morning beverages, complimentary shoe shine, and complimentary pressing of up to two items.

I hope that you will come back and see us again and we will be happy to get you signed up upon your arrival if you like!

Thank you, again, for your review. We take our guests' feedback incredibly seriously and we appreciate the chance to always try and be better!

Wendy Coale
Director of Sales and Marketing
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Omni should win awards for nicest staff ever. We were always greeted warmly and genuinely - never forced. The hotel is ideally situated for SF shopping and within walking distance to the Ferry Market Building. IT was nicely appointed and very clean, not over-the-top fancy but felt good being there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family