“Vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Vacation”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Omni Hotel in SF. Wow! A lovely hotel. This hotel certainly has it together. The staff was very gracious, polite and respectful. The next time we visit SF we will stay at the Omni again. Thank you, Omni, for your wonderful hospitality. best! J & J

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Orange County, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were very impressed with the hotel and the service. We have young kids and your hotel came up online as a family-friendly hotel. We were not disappointed by this recommendation. The staff went out of their way to make sure our family needs were met and were very pleasant in our dealings with them. A member of you bell desk actually brought up a "sippy cup" that was dropped in the street when we valet parked the car. We were beyond impressed with everything and will definitely be staying at the hotel for future trips.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent hotel with great facilities and staff. We discovered Omni hotels in NYC years ago and they have never let us down since, except In one regard which I will get to later.

Right from pulling up at the door we treat as old friends. The hotel is ultra clean, the door , desk and foyer staff were very helpful and accommodating, and the cleaning staff were so friendly and respectful right from the get-go. I used the gym each morning and everything was working, clean and there were plenty of machines to use. Bathrooms were a great size and the room was opulent and fresh.

The restaurant was downstairs and is called "Bobs steakhouse" on a night, and this also is the venue for breakfast on a morning.

I am a "foodie" by all accounts, and restaurants and the food they serve matters to me as much as the hotel and city in which we stay. I have to say that while "Bobs" is not an ultra high end restaurant it is a very enjoyable and top notch establishment that was so good we ate there on the two nights we stayed at this hotel. My wife is a "Vegan" which can sometimes totally phase a restaurant, especially a steal restaurant, but not "Bob's" not only did they take care of her but the custom made a meal that she said was simply "outstanding". The servers were great and fun, although I would recommend you stay away from the free pickles they serve on each table as a kind of "amuse bouche"...these are very salty and could set up the meal for a failure, even before it starts, so just skip those and you will be fine. Enjoy instead the wonderful bread and real butter which is served at each table, which was a treat in itself.

The bar, which is connected to the hotel and "Bobs" is a little on the seedy side, not in a threatening or dangerous way, it just has a cheap feel and tackiness associated with it. It needs to step it up a couple of notches to be in line with the restaurant in my opinion. We were well dressed for dinner in the restaurant, but we decided to have a cocktail in the bar prior to dinner. We felt like we did not fit as guys sat at the bar in jeans and baseball hats and the tables seem "sticky"...if you know what I mean. The ambience just did not fit with the opulent hotel and restaurant!

Just a couple of recommendations: Add English mustard to your condiments selection, it is a must with great steak. Also add whole wheat/whole grain English muffins on the breakfast menu and catch up to the growing trend in the US for whole breads other than white!!!

I recommend you have the "Eggs benedict" for breakfast...one of the best I have had, although it would be better with whole grain muffins, (but when I asked for it they did not have any)

Overall a great hotel/restaurant combination that I recommend without hesitation.

Now to address my caveat at the beginning of this review. We booked this hotel as members of their loyalty program. and paid something like $360/night, booked through a corporate system. However, I received an email, not connected to my reservation, a few days later, saying they were offering a $100 voucher if you booked through your loyalty membership.

I contacted them and asked how I could get my $100? and they said that as I had booked through a corporate system they could only give me the voucher if a switched to a different rate ($330/night but everything else stayed the same, room size, amenities etc.) I have to stay on the corporate system as a condition of my employer but was very disappointed that I could not get the voucher unless I took a cheaper rate...this made no sense to me then and still does not. All smoke and mirrors around rates, and spoiled what would otherwise have been a faultless stay, hence my 4* rating instead of 5*. Loyalty flows both ways my friends.

Alajuela, Costa Rica
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great. Excellent. Recommended to anyone. Good location, good price for the area. Good treatment staff, nice rooms, clean, in good condition. A safe, some local to nearby good quality food. We always felt safe in the hotel. We left the suitcase saved because our flight was hours after check-out and everything was found in order and well maintained.

Orange County, CA
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel with fabulous service and super clean. The staff is friendly and kind. Hotel is located in financial district, so the businesses around are all closed during the weekend. We wanted that since we were traveling with kids. Which meant a lot less street noise yet we were still in "the city." Within 5 blocks you are in the middle of union square. This hotel is fabulous...will be back!

• Stayed April 2014
Ouray, CO, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife and two teenage kids stayed here for 5 nights for a family vacation. The property is beautiful, with high ceilings and an elegant atrium. As stated in other reviews, the staff are exceedingly friendly and helpful. We're a pretty low demand group, but even small questions and issues were handled with exceptional courtesy. Our main issue that made the stay a little less satisfying for a family of 4 was the abnormally small size of the double beds. While the bed quality is high, the size was too small for a a family with 2 teenage children. However, in spite of this, we liked the hotel so much, we would definitely stay here again. Further, for a couple, a king-sized bed would be paradise!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Chris S
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked the Omni on Hotwire and couldn't have been more pleased. The pros:
-perfect location. The cable car stops right outside the front door. We could walk to the # 4 stop on the Big Bus hop on tour. We also walked to Fishermans Wharf (about a half hour) thereby avoiding the awful scenario of having to stay down there. Close to Union Square too (about 10 mins).
-service, service, service!
-extraordinary beds. Just like the other reviews, they weren't lying, they are simply amazing!
-Bobs Steak and Chop house. While pricey, it is beyond what something similar like Ruth Chris's offers.
- the longe has great bar fair vtry the basil meatballs. 4 gigantic offerings that must be about a pound of ground beef!

The cons:
-no view. But we never got back until after dark so it really didn't matter.
-the peri phials are expensive. $14.95 for wifi. $30 for a room service scrambled egg wrap plus 18% tax and $5 mandatory tip.

Overall, we would definitely choose the Omni the next time we're in San Fran!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid street noise.