“An Outstanding stay experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Omni San Francisco Hotel
Ranked #3 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“An Outstanding stay experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I received a complimentary upgrade to a suite and a very friendly and engaging welcome from Debora Tjandra, the loyalty ambassador. While it is my regret that I could not meet Debora to express my thanks, I thought she represented all that went extremely well during my 2014 stay. As I've noted, my stay experience over the 5 day period was exception-free and flawless, and I felt very spoilt, such was the attention. On the second day of my stay, Debora had a platter of cheese, cold cuts and small bottle of wine and water sent up to my room with a hand written note welcoming me. Wow! Never had that anywhere even if I felt good about other hotel stays. In summary, one of my best hotel stay experiences of all the millions of hotel stays I've had during my 30 years of business travel. Thanks to this experience, the friendliness of the staff, and the personalised attention I got from Debora, I am an Omni brand loyal and will seek Omni properties whenever I am in the US.

1 Thank Murali S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Holly Springs, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was my second stay at the Omni in SFO. The first experience was excellent so I was interested to see if that was a fluke. Not at all. Wonderful property, excellent staff. Everyone was extremely pleasant, helful, and could not do enough to make your stay pleasant. Whatever you needed they were happy to provide. Definitely a top notch property that other hotels could learn from.

Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

There is a reason this hotel is at the top of the list of San Francisco hotels...it is amazing! My mom, sister and I stayed at the Omni a week ago and I can confidently say our vacation would not have been as great as it was without the impecable service at the Omni. Every single person we came in contact with, whether it was the man who brought us extra towels late at night to the woman who brought us coffee and remembered what we told her we had planned to do the day before, was beyond friendly and nice! We truly felt important and special at this hotel.

One of our favorite people at the Omni was Mark, the concierge. He gave superb restaurant recommendations that were close to the hotel and also helped us with the Sausalito/Muir Woods excursion and the Napa Valley Wine Tour excursion (we loved both- highly recommend!). He loves his job and it is clearly seen. We even called him after we left to thank him for his excellent service.

This hotel is located in the Financial District, which was in retrospect a great location. We were glad to be away from the touristy hotels near Fisherman's Wharf but still had access to most things we wanted by foot. Even though we were in downtown, we did not hear any traffic or the trolley car (which stops right in front of the hotel). Thank you Omni San Francisco for making our trip the best it could be!

Room Tip: We had three people in our room and had two double beds, which was a little snug for two people. Not...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hannah G
Oakland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed one night in Room 810, everything was fine except the double bed was way too soft. The mattress slumps on both sides, has no support. With the rate they are charging, they should replace their mattresses more often. Very disappointing since it was rated as the No. 1 hotel in SF. Probably wont go back. Location was good, close to a lot of attractions and restaurants.

Room Tip: Pass on Room 810
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MistaBear
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Central location in the heart of the financial district. The hotel decor looks like from a 70s daytime soap - dark wood, an old-style steak house in the basement. But the rooms are spacious, the bathroom was nice and the gym was easily above average. The staff was incredibly friendly - every interaction was positive and pleasant. 2 slight negatives : wifi was $15 a day and printing a page in the business center is 60c - I thought these nuisance charges disappeared in the 90s...also, if you're facing the street you will hear the cable cars rumbling by.

2 Thank Oliver J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

After reading the reviews of the hotels I was interested in, the Omni was the only one without negative comments. The location was great, we could walk to most things. The public transportation is very convenient

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Rose S
Regina, SK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Beautiful hotel with comfortable rooms. Great location within walking distance of popular attractions and shopping. Fabulous service from all staff that was consistently impressive. I attended meetings at the hotel and the food provided was exceptional (creative menus and tasty). My only issue is that the lounge is very small and got quite crowded in the late afternoon and evenings.

1 Thank Gisele G