“Superior San Fran Service”

Omni San Francisco Hotel
Ranked #3 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

A perfect place for the business traveler or tourist. I've stayed at the Omni many times over the years coming to San Francisco but had taken a break....I returned on a special rate and was happy to come back.

I arrived early in the day but exhausted from travel and found my room was not ready. The friendly front desk staff understood and found a room which was a very nice upgrade. After a nice quiet nap I had room service which was prompt and delicious.

They have one of the best hotel guest programs: a great snack/water awaits you and a morning drink scheduled to start your day.

Staff is always helpful and the property is beautiful...it's good they seem to be updating some of the rooms.

Location is great for business and near Chinatown/North Beach for great restaurant options.

Look for a deal for a great value or expect premium San Francisco prices when it's prime time.

I'll be back!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mark H

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend and had a really great stay. highly recommend anyone to join their loyalty program first before coming in (its free!!!). i joined their loyalty program and had complimentary wifi, bottled water and newspaper throughout our stay. Price was reasonable compared to other hotels but i got this hotel with my southwest flight so it worked out great for me.The staff were friendly esp the doorman and the front desk. Location was perfect-close to the BART system and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. They also have complimentary coffee and cookies and fruits at the lobby area. The only downside was no parking area (had to park and walk to the hotel) but most hotels in san francisco do not offer it anyways. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Dont forget to visit Tadich Grill (which the hotel recommended) for a very delicious seafood cioppino!!!

Room Tip: join their loyalty program!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovemytravels1124
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This landmark property has been tastefully remodeled. The lobby is gorgeous and a great place to sit and enjoy family or business associates. We were greeted by very friendly staff and a glass of champagne. King room was beautiful and nicely appointed. Great coffee each morning, fresh fruit. An excellent property and great value. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jim E
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Omni was in a great location and had the hands down best amenities. Their staff were super friendly and welcoming. I highly recommend a stay if you are in the area. Also - the Wells Fargo museum right across the street was a great find.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I stayed a weekend night for a day in San Francisco.

The lobby is very well appointed and speaks to the age of the hotel. The service at check in was very friendly and helpful. The staff we did see was very helpful as well.

The let down to the hotel was our room. It was a standard room - bed, desk, credenza, TV, closet, etc. The furnishing were dated. The bathroom was small. The room had a fairly foul funk to it. It wasn't noticeable at check in. However later when we returned it remained. It wasn't enough for us to demand a new room - but it was there. We were able to crack the window - but then the passing cable car was very noticeable.

The hotel is well located in the financial district. If we were to come back to San Francisco we might consider this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JCollura
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Awesome stay at the Omni! The staff was friendly and very helpful. Our rooms were gorgeous and clean. The beds were incredibly comfortable with lots of pillows. Before coming I had joined the loyalty program and was greeted each morning with fresh coffee and orange juice. Great way to start the day. The location was perfect. We were close to all attractions most within walking distance. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better city views and have less street noise.
1  Thank cafkam
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Omni is a beautiful hotel in the financial district right next to Chinatown (walking distance). It’s a clean, well maintained, and stylish building. It’s pretty much central to everything you want to see if you are on vacation, and probably exactly where you would need to be in SFO as a business traveler. This is my second visit to the Omni, my wife and I stayed 2 years ago for a long weekend and the service from the front desk, housekeeping, to the doorman is what brought us back. We went back with our kids the first week of July to escape the heat crossing our fingers that the Omni’s service hadn’t changed. It was stellar the second time. The kids were treated like royalty – milk and cookies in the evening. The concierge and doormen were always looking out for us making sure we had good directions, recommendations, and always welcomed us back to the hotel. This wasn’t the false sincerity “have an awesome day” type of blabber, I think these people all actually like their jobs and the clientele. Service puts the Omni in a class of its own. I’ll stay here every time I go to SFO.