SW Hotel
US$395
US$253
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$388
US$368
  • Room Service
US$302
US$272
US$222
US$194
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$317
US$255
US$284
US$256
US$591
US$500
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$472
US$251
US$359
US$307
  • Restaurant
All reviewschinatown and north beachcity lightsfamous citygreat locationhard boiled eggsunderground parkingfisherman's wharfdim summinute walkthe breakfast areawithin walking distancestreet noisestay there againreasonable sizeinside roomreasonable ratesunion square
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We ended up needing a hotel for an extra unplanned night, and we were so lucky we found the SW! The staff are fantastic, gave us wonderful advice (have dinner at Yuet Lee across the street!!), and the room was adorable. Continental breakfast the next morning was a wonderful surprise with lots of choices, and the location was lovely. We walked through Chinatown and Little Italy the first night, and knew what a gem we had found! We had a room on the back so street noise was no issue. The only thing is the wall between our room and the next was thin, and the young people (20's ish) watched a movie and laughed loud enough to be heard pretty clearly. Not a common occurrence I'm sure, and I wouldn't let it stop me from staying again. The front desk people were wonderful, they are truly service oriented and made us feel so welcome!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Stayed at SW for only one night during a recent convention. About a mile and half away from Moscone, so not a horrible walk in the AM if you don't have much junk to carry. Location means you can grab a taxi fairly easily on Columbus if necessary.

Dim Sum right around the corner for breakfast, and a convenience store very close. The neighborhood is great, just get a room away from the street if you don't want the city noise. I actually love the sound of SF, and SW has pretty thin walls, so I'd rather listen to the street noise than my neighbors, so it works for me.

Must have been there for a long time, still has a real key on a fob instead of the card, but the rooms are relatively large and comfortable. No coffee maker though, that was a bummer.

I'd stay again if I got a good price. 129 was a little steep for the room, but when you factor in the proximity to a whole lot of very cool places and the cost of any room in SF, it's not bad.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2009

This was my first trip to San Francisco. Since I was one a tight budget, I decided to stay away from the hotels closer to the tourist spots. The SW Hotel is just a few blocks from one of the cable car stops which was really nice. I was able to travel everywhere I wanted to go either by cable car or foot. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and cute. I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Excellent location on the border of North Beach and Chinatown neighborhoods and the Financial District. Initially the neighborhood may be deceiving because there are topless dance clubs within view, but just around the corner on Columbus St. is the North Beach neighborhood with it's quiet streets, cafes, bakeries, restaurants and bars. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable, but a little small. It appears that the hotel has recently been remodeled. Great value, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Friendly staff, nice acomodation, perfect for leasure, many options of good restaurants in neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple