“Five star hotel for sure.....”

Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #16 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. The rooms are immaculate and spacious with great views of the city and beautiful decor, the food is outstanding (visiting the restaurant downstairs with Ari as your waiter is a MUST) and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful. The concierge was extremely knowledgeable. The hotel manager, Loga Nathan, is awesome and was so kind to us. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this beautiful city. I can't wait to return...

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1109. Corner room with awesome views of the city and of the Bay Bridge.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are glad to hear that you had such a great time with us in San Francisco. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I loved the Four Seasons in San Francisco! My boyfriend and I recently visited and I found it to be worth every dollar spent. And yes, it is expensive. But in this case, you do get what you pay for - pleasant, prompt service, immaculate rooms, sophisticated bar and lounge, a helpful concierge and little treats like slippers, comfy robes, and L'Occitane products. It is also in a very convenient area within walking distance to many stores, the Westfield shopping centre, etc. The only part I did not like is that the check-in is on the 5th floor. There is a separate hotel for floors 1-5 and then from 6 up. It can be confusing at first! But otherwise, it is a wonderful hotel and one that I will visit again if I get the chance to.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TanyaZeiher
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Thank you very much for your comments and we are glad to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your time here in San Francisco.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

The Four Seasons resides on Market Street, a great location if you want to be in walking distance of shops and restaurants. The room service is pretty good, standard for a five star hotel, but sometimes the service can be a bit lousy. The hotel itself has very nice rooms and its definitely worth going to if you want to be in the center of town. If you want less noise around you should try a more residential area, like Nob Hill. But overall, it's the Four Seasons standard and a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sophie F

Thank you very much for your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and approriate. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons with our children. This is an excellent hotel with lovely rooms and superb service.

The location is excellent - close to Union Square and the shops and Yerba Buena gardens.

We had a one bedroom executive suite and it was of the usual Four Seasons high quality. It was spacious and very well appointed.

The thing which impressed us most about the hotel was the level of service. We arrived in a rental car and the concierge said not to worry about dropping it off at Hertz - they would contact the agency and ask them to collect the car. Check in was smooth and the clerk gave each of our children a passport to complete and claim a small gift at the end of the stay. The concierge staff were brilliant at providing directions and giving recommendations. It was service of the highest standard. Our children enjoyed the welcome cookies and drinks.

The hotel is a tranquil oasis- as soon as you step off busy Market Street - you almost feel at home. We went to the Marriott to use the pool for the kids and it was like a circus - people everywhere. The pool was small but the kids enjoyed it. My wife used the LA gym club and it was excellent - several different exercise classes are complementary.

Our stay at the Four Seasons was an absolute pleasure. This must be the best hotel in San Francisco.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Crjcge

Thank you very much for your comments and we are happy to hear that you and your family had a great time with us in San Francisco. Please rest assured that we will share your comments with the entire staff. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Always a big fan of the Four Seasons, but this hotel has a really fun fresh atmosphere. The young families, as well as those with teens, seemed to be having a great time in the city and in the resturants! We were having a couples trip, and were impressed with the hotel as well.

Lobby resturant is on 5th floor to create a view...great service, great food, and a really fresh menu!

Of course rooms are the best!

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Excelent hotel in San Fran. Look no further. Great location, rooms, service and atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your comment and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Beautiful, standard Four Seasons: nice room, large bathroom, and comfortable bed. Noise from the floor above to after midnight four nights in a row. No coffee maker in room. Unable to use fitness center because it does not open until after 7 AM on weekends when my meeting started. It is a very nice hotel, but not close to being worth the inflated price.

The week before my visit, Four Seasons sent me an email telling me I was eligible for a “By invitation upgrade” and suggested I use it on my next stay. When I tried to use it for this stay, I was told I was not eligible because my room was going to be billed to the meeting sponsor. Why they sent me the email only to reject me is beyond me. But it gets worse. I had to waste 10 minutes at checkout because they had the room billed to me! Then they asked if my customer experience was “superior”.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank billy49463
FSSanFrancisco, Front Office Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the service and I am more than happy to discuss the details of your stay further via phone. My direct extension at the hotel is 415 633 3495.
Imke Gahrmann