“Excellent as expected”

Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #12 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

My recent visit to the Four Seasons San Francisco was great. The hotel is conveniently located a couple blocks from Union Square and the trolley car pick up.

The room was excellent. The bed was very comfortable. I had a great view of the city and the room had a window seat, which was a nice touch. It is connected to a great gym on the 4th floor that has a basketball court, swimming pool, weight room and cardio machines.

The hotel met my high expectations for it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy the famous trolly cars. We hope to have you join us in San Francisco again soon.

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Enjoyed my stay for a brief business trip. Conveniently located close to Union Square for a quick shopping dash. Higher levels and South facing are quieter, but less interesting view. Just one block from Powell BART station if you don't want to spend on taxi to get to/from SFO airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. Please come visit us in San Francisco again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed here over the weekend for a conference held at the hotel. I had a deluxe view room which was very nice although the view was not great as the hotel is surrounded by other tall buildings. Excellent service and the food they served at the conference was delicious. The location is great for exploring all of the shops and sights of downtown. Less than one block to the BART train that takes you to the airport. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for choosing us as your home away from home We look forward to seeing you again during San Francisco's next big convention, if not sooner.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Everything went smoothly during our stay. We checked out the hotel bar, restaurant, concierge, room service, fitness center, & pool. All of the staff were knowledgeable, polite, engaging and delightful! This hotel was located in a perfect central area near the convention center and shopping!.
The only encounter we had that shocked us was that the hotel spa preferred not to give a massage to me since I had a small basal cell carcinoma removed from my scalp the month before my vacation. Really?
I reassured them it would be fine since it was removed and I had a doctor's okay but I was only allowed a "light" massage and even then getting the "permission" to give a "person with cancer" a massage took away 15 minutes of my allotted time. Really? The cashier apologized and took off 20% but I could not believe how awful I felt...as if having to deal with the surgery wasn't traumatizing enough. These folks make you feel like a leper.

Room Tip: The room layout all seem the same, I have not seen other views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ShellBoss
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Its a beautiful hotel, very comfortable and clean with a great bathroom. The hotel staff was very accomodating, the concierge booked reservations for restaurants and day trips too. They even had a car to take us to the restaurant, and that was a courtesy. The gym and spa area looked great, my husband enjoyed doing laps in the pool, while I enjoyed the great shopping area just a very short walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

What a disappointment this hotel has become. I love the four seasons overall and have stayed in their properties in Paris, Provence, New York and Beverly Hills. The San Francisco property used to be my favorite, but it's been on a slide the last five years. The attention to detail and considerate touches are gone. This properties dining room was closed for the dinner hour Sunday night. I was encouraged to order a meal off the bar menu which was extremely limited. Their room service menu is a sheet of paper left on your desk with very limited offerings. The one item I did order they were out of which they informed me thirty minutes after my order. Gone are the binders with extensive room service and hotel service offerings. There were other instances too time consuming to list. I really hope this property turns around as it's location is so ideal.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Vietbiker
FSSanFrancisco, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not up to expectations. Please feel free to contact me to discuss the matter in more detail.

Kaitlin Russell
Assistant Front Office Manager
kaitlin.russell@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I never expect too much from any U.S. big-city hotel. They are usually functional and cold.
But this hotel is different; it is tucked away in a quiet (almost secret) location in the heart of downtown and the staff are generally very service oriented and kind.
The rooms are extremely comfortable and the bathrooms are superb.
Amenities are excellent and housekeeping is very efficient.
The concierge desk is outstanding.
Having visited some of the other nearby hotels, this one is head-and-shoulders above the rest.
Check out some of their website deals - they have some very good offers that ease the pain somewhat.
Remember .... you get what you pay for and for a downtown big U.S. city hotel, this one is pretty good.

Room Tip: Not a great choice of views, but best may be a high floor overlooking the Convention Center.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank travelgurudoctor
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thank you for your high recommendation. We hope to see you again the next time your in San Francisco.