“Good Location and great service”

Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #12 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Sydney, Australia
“Good Location and great service”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We experienced the excellent and well known Four Seasons service as soon as we turned up at the check in counter. The staff immediately offered to put in 2 roller beds into our suite for our two kids free of charge. Our suite was also upgraded as part of the American Express Platinum Travel program.
The staff who served our room was very clever too. I took out all the decaf Nespresso coffee capsules from the box to the side the first night because I only like strong coffee. The next day, the Nespresso capsule box was filled with my favourite Ristretto capsules!
Although the furnishing was not as luxurious as the usual Four Seasons, our suite was very spacious, clean, comfortable and with a view to the Union Square Park.
The location was fantastic! The starting point of the famous Hyde- Powell cable Car was only a short walk away as well as the stop for the vintage trolley cars down to Fisherman's Wharf.
Definitely will stay there again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you very much for making the Four Seasons your hotel of choice in San Francisco. I am pleased to find that our staff was able to "wow" you with your Nespresso of choice. Hopefully you will join us again soon.

Doug Housley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Excellent service, comfortable, courteous, helpful, excellent dining and room service. Highly recommended. My only peeve is that they charge extra for internet and this comes across as nickel and diming. For a 'full service' price I expect full service. Otherwise it was a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
FSSanFrancisco, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with the Four Seasons here in San Francisco. We appreciate your feedback regarding our internet services. I will forward your concern to my executive management team. We look forward to you joining us again in the near future!

Adam Ponce
QATAR
Reviewed 12 January 2014

if you read my other review you will know this hotel is my last stop in my vacation to U.S.. AND THERE IS NO PIC. AS MY PHONE WAS STEAL FROM ME :(

First we choose this hotel after we tried the The St. Regis San Francisco and it's not match our requirement with what we paid..

the location could not ask for better than that .. the service very good unless the valet parking you should came from the back door to valet the parking .. and difficult especially if you are new in the town and don't know how the road gone..

the room as the size were very good .. but the color , lighting and furniture were too old not 5 hotel star specialty four seasons hotel .. i really disappoint..

overall good location for the shopping and resturant .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank QATAR2007
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Four Seasons. Thank you for your constructive feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Kaitlin Russell
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here on the last leg of our romantic little Californian adventure. The hotel is beautiful; I love the Four Seasons service and brand. This particular Four Seasons wasn't as luxurious as I expected, especially since we had just flown up from Orange County (I recommend Pelican Hill and Montage! Wow!), but it was very pleasant and the service was excellent. Everyone was so accomodating. Being in the middle of downtown made us feel like we were in New York... and we like the walking so it worked for us. No complaints at all for Four Seasons... it is a chain of hotels that we will always love! Well done!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Four Seasons. I am happy to hear that we could be part of your romantic tour of California. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to San Francisco.

La Habra, California
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed at this wonderful location during the Christmas holidays. Stayed 3 nites in a suite for $885 per nite. The suite was spacious and comfortable. The view was very acceptable but not outstanding.
Valet parking is a bit tricky finding however, the staff here was outstanding. Very attentive and helpful. Wonderful first impression!
We arrived at 5:00 PM and our suite was not ready. The front desk staff handled the situation well. She was very courteous and provided a temporary room with complimentary breakfast for the next day.

The problem that we met was that our maid service did not provide replacement amenities ( soap, shampoo, etc) Instead, we had to use our initial placement from day 1 for the whole stay. We ran out!

Management sent an evaluation that I filled out that summarized our stay. I left my contact information because I wanted to let them know that this should not happen at a hotel of their caliber. Management never contacted me. I assume that they don't care.

Don't get me wrong... this hotel is a very nice hotel. The vast majority of our stay was excellent. However, I expect near perfection from the Four Seasons... that is why people pay to stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Brad L
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 6 days during the New Years period all the way from Australia.

We were absolutely impressed with every aspect of our stay. Upon arrival we were greeted immediately and luggage taken. We arrived early and the wonderful reception gave us an upgrade and early check in so that we could rest.

The staff put every effort in getting to know us personally as well as providing excellent service throughout our stay. I particularly enjoyed the conplimentary shoe shining service every day.

I was very impressed that every person from our concierge to our waiter at the lovely mkt restaurant remembered our names and our itinerary. We had a jam packed trip and they made it completely stress free.

The massage therapist took time out to write me a list of her favourite local food recommendations! I had two massages from Anthony and Kendra who were both incredible. I own and operate 5 medical and allied health businesses in Australia and must admit these therapists excellent both clinically and in their customer service. Finally the gym and sports facilities are also world class.

The concierges were incredibly helpful in every aspect from organising our New Years to our road trip to Yosemite and the napa valley.

5- stars. We will certainly be back! I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Ben T
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for your kind recommendation. I am very happy to hear that we made your Holiday time very enjoyable. We hope to see you again in San Francisco very soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Four Seasons San Francisco for one night at the end of our long Napa vacation. Unfortunately I was extremely sick with strep throat...I couldn't imagine a better place to be stuck in bed! Truly five star! Comfy bed, great linens, amazing bathtub and the service was outstanding! The only negative is the location. It's right in the middle of Union Square but the entrance and valet is actually two blocks behind the hotel in an alleyway and its definitely not marked. We drove in circles (at 5pm rush hour) for about 15 minutes and were extremely frustrated upon arrival. I wish they would have emailed instructions with my confirmations or called prior to check in with directions. When we mentioned this upon check in they were extremely apologetic and the service was impeccable for the rest of the trip. I will return!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
FSSanFrancisco, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for staying at the Four Seasons San Francisco. I am glad we could be your home away from home, especially since you were under the weather. I hope you are now feeling better. Thank you for your constructive feedback about our valet. We hope to see you again soon!

Kaitlin Russell