“Excellent Hotel and Service at this hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #13 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Cheltenham
“Excellent Hotel and Service at this hotel”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Having recently visited on a part Conference and part holiday to San Francisco for the first time I can think of no better hotel as a base. The staff were all very attentive, including by day 4 calling me by my name. Food is very good too. The hotel is situated in Market Street, which is central to all of the sights and stores

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you can afford it, you should stay here. I recently moved away from SF but come back every so often for a week or so. The Four Seasons is in a very central location - right on Market Street and is close to many cool parts of the city. The rooms are beautiful and the service is amazing. SF can get a bit overwhelming at times and this hotel felt like an oasis. Food and bar area are wonderful - I often went there when I lived in the city. It is pricey but fun nevertheless.

Room Tip: Go high up to avoid street noise
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was whisked away by my Mother and Husband for a two night Birthday Getaway to the Four Seasons...We have stayed and visited many Four Seasons and they truly are magnificent. You really feel special when you stay in their hotels.

Unfortunately, this location missed the mark. It felt like an upscale Marriott rather than Four Seasons. HIGHLY OVERPRICED!

Upon check in- the staff were nice and they helped arrange a rollaway bed (which are super comfy!!!) for my mum as the Price tag on the room didn't allow wiggle room in the budget to get a whole separate room. When we checked in they asked for our Flight details for the return leg of our journey as they prepare the boarding passes at the 24 hour web check in mark on your behalf....

However, when we checked out that HAD NOT been done, which meant that we were stuck in the Final Boarding group on our flight home on Southwest- so we were all separated.... This failure to follow through is NOT okay.

The gym that they give you access to is AMAZING!!! however it only opens at 7am and closes at 10pm.....that really doesn't work for busy travelers!

The rooms are lovely, and of a good size, but really NOTHING special.

The beds however are 5 star! So comfortable and great for a good nights sleep.

Concierge were helpful, we had A LOT of questions and nothing was too much trouble.

They really need to keep their downstairs doors CLOSED as for some ridiculous reason they keep them open which creates a horrible wind tunnel and in San Fran that can be icy cold.

Room Tip: You want to face Market Street.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Christian K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. I am as disappointed as you are in the fact that we did not have your boarding pass ready for your return home. I apologize for the situation that put you, your husband and mother in.
As a complimentary amenity, we’ve also heard from other guests that the Sports Club/LA is amazing and glad you agree. During weekdays, it does have longer hours, but we’ll look into your suggestion for longer weekend hours to accommodate busy guests.
I was glad to hear that you had a good night’s rest on the beds and that the concierge was helpful.
Although we didn’t meet your expectations this visit, I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. If you do decide to, please don’t hesitate to contact me at (415) 633-3000 so that I can personally assist with your stay.

Regards,
Christian Klaus
Hotel Manager
Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here as part of a conference, part holiday. Very central, close to great shopping. Not too long a walk to China Town and Pier 39. We had a large comfortable room, with a fabulous bed and bathroom. The lobby area and restaurants are classic looking whilst the rooms are modern, sounds odd but it works. We had room service once, which was quick and not too bad price-wise. I recommend the hot chocolate, it comes in a little tea pot, so you get a couple of cups!

Washington, DC
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Great location on Market Street in the Financial District. A classy, contemporary - classic - Four Seasons Hotel. Easy walk down the Ferry Building for weekend fun ... similar walk to AT&T Park. Great stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here initially on a conference but extending into a holiday. Our room was wonderful - exactly what you expect from Four Seasons - and despite being a thoroughly modern hotel the fact you can actually open the windows, I love!

It is the little things which set a good hotel apart, and many of these here are provided by the unrelenting dedication to good service from the staff. An example - I popped my head out of the room to look for an ice machine and a member of staff was passing by - within moments he had a full bucket of ice at my door, plus a load of sliced limes for the drink I wanted. He had been in the middle of doing something else...

We accidently dropped a glass of red wine on the bathroom floor - after calling housekeeping it was less than a minute before someone appeared and cleaned the whole mess up so quickly and efficiently it was amazing - like it never happened, and as we were getting ready to go out and showering at the time - extremely welcome.

The hotel is spotless - our room was serviced so well it was a pleasure to return to each day. The staff who run the bar ( a very nice space by the way) are to be congratulated on the standard and speed of their service - even at very busy periods. We loved it in there, so much we didn't go out much after dinner despite the hotel being well positioned for many of San Francisco's attractions.

There is really good public transport right outside the hotel in all directions, and a cable car stop not far away which takes you right over the hill to the Wharf. The Embarcadero is visible at the end of the street and from there you can take off to Sausalito and other locations by ferry. I would encourage visitors to try the bus/trams/cable cars/ferrys to explore - they are really good value and a great way to get around with the locals.

I would recommend this hotel as a great luxury base to see the City from. When you return it is like an oasis of calm and quality in a bustling city which is a lovely contrast.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Cambridge
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here last week and really benefitted from the central location on Market. Everything was close to get to. Fisherman's Wharf, Ferry Terminal, Union Square and Chinatown. I had room 701 which was an Executive Suite and very spacious and comfortable bed. Probably one of the most comfortable I have slept on!
The only thing letting it down were the gym facilities. I think if you want to "work out" it is fine but since it is associated with a Sports Club it is not a relaxing type pool/gym. I am not too disappointed as I knew that was how it is.
All in all a good stay with friendly and helpful staff, especially when trying to source Giants baseball tickets!

Room Tip: If you are looking for larger rooms. the rooms ending 01 are very good i.e. 701/801/901 etc