“Great location”

Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #12 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We traveled with our two kids and stayed in a one bedroom suite over the holidays. Kids slept in the sofa bed. It was reasonably spacious for the city. Beautiful room and bathroom, with a nice view of the neighborhood (SOMA). They provided us with robes for the kids, along with milk and cookies on arrival for the kids. The hotel gets high marks for location (short walk to the downtown shopping mall, easy access to BART and the cable cars), service, and the fact that (adult) guests have access to a real gym. It is expensive but a beautiful hotel. There seem to be limited dining options within the hotel compared to other properties, but with so many wonderful restaurants in the city, this is not a major concern.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Christian K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

I'm so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel, its location and the amenities for the kids. We do offer MKT Restaurant - Bar and in-room dining, and as you mentioned San Francisco does have many dining options. We hope to welcome you back again, and we'd be happy to provide a list of places to go with your family or additional dining options to explore.

Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was back for a 2nd 3-night stay and it was just as nice as the first time. The service we received from everyone--room service, housekeeping, valet, front desk, bell desk--was wonderful. The location is a good starting point for exploring San Francisco.

They pleasantly accommodated 3 people in our room, where we had a king bed and a comfortable cot for an extra $50/night.

The room service food was pretty good, but overpriced. And wifi is not included in the room price.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed for 4-night stay this summer and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at another great FS property.

We booked two rooms and the hotel nicely gave us adjoining corner units which allowed for a shared entry door but still the privacy between the units. Both units were large and perfect, and the views were great.

Location is excellent, right on Market Street with all of its nice shops and within walking distance of the Embarcadero. Easy to take taxis (or the beautiful house car, if you're lucky) to restaurants anywhere downtown.

Breakfast in the restaurant was very good, as were drinks in the bar. Really can't say anything negative about the place except that we had to leave!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for all the kind words. I'll be sharing with the staff at MKT Restaurant. We're sorry to see you go, but hope to see you again for another San Francisco visit!

Hotel Manger

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I don't stay here as much as I used to since my company's office moved away from this area. The hotels I usually stay near my office was booked so I had to stay here again; poor me. I really appreciate the classy staff, great rooms, and the great location near some fun restaurants. If you're here on business, this is the place to stay in SF

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from Market Street as it's much quieter
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Having lived in San Francisco for 10+ years, it was great to stay in a central location at a property with great rooms, great gym and an excellent staff. Walkable location. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David D
Reviewed 13 August 2014

i am currently in this hotel as i booked two rooms for my family unfortunately from today (tuesday) until Saturday. i have experience of palace and i know pretty well four seasons hotels. it is my first day in this hotel and it is already a nightmare: first note that I pay each room around USD 2,200.00 per night but if I want to use their wifi They charge me USD 14 per day ! that the first time I pay for wifi in an hotel !
the staff is just rude ! I came by car and it began with the valet : not even a smile ! not even a few words to welcome you. i had some problems for the reservation of my romms and the man of the reception was just a robot not trying to help me and just reciting the hotel rules. the access to the lobby is not easy (you have to take two lifts) and I have lost my wife and my kid for a while so I asked to the guard in front of the hotel if he had seem my wife describing her and he just laugh at me explaining he cannot pay attention to everyone.
the room (for 2 200 USD) is quite simple. i had to ask for more shampoo and soap as there was only for pne person and not for two. i went to the fitness center and to the swimming pool :it is quite huge (three levels) and I can say is not at all privacy as indeed they set up a big fitness center for the prople of san francisco who can pay for an yearly subscribtion, there was may be 200 persons doing sport and i cannnot go to the swimming pool with my kids as it is indeed a swimming pool only for competitive swimming with only one peson by lane. there was only 6 lanes and all were occupied. there is only one restaurant which does everything bar, breakfast rooom, lunch and diner ! Two things are sure : first : they know how to make money, second it cannot be a Four seasons hotel !!!

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Frederic E
Christian K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Frederic E.

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to talk to me this morning. Please allow me to renew our most sincere apologies for these shortcomings in the services you experienced with us so far. As I mentioned, we highly appreciate your constructive feedback and it will be used in our ongoing training sessions to improve our services. I am glad to hear that the new room arrangement does correspond more with you expectations.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The location of this property is perfect; walking distance to Chinatown, Union Square, and quick walk to the BART. The house car as a service was perfect, the drivers will take you anywhere within a two mile radius (just about anywhere in the city) and they are happy to share with you any insider local places. MKT, the restaurant was great for our, just flew in with a windy flight I need something delicious and quick to bite, kind of place. The bartender was even quick to make a ginger and bitters beverage of perfection that did just the trick. The hotel was also kind enough to send up champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries for our celebration. Overall, it was a great stay. Thanks Four Seasons!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Sparkling Water... C

Thank YOU! So glad you joined us for your celebration and that each part of the hotel and its location was just what you needed. Please come back again!

Hotel Manager