“Beward of their Valet Parking”

Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #19 of 231 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We valet parked at the hotel with City Park June 28th. Had a girls only outing and had fun. However, I slept on the worst sofa bed ever. The springs poked me all night. Granted I don't usually sleep on a Sofa bed but it should be better quality for the amount of money for the room. We left the next day when I called for my Lexus to be brought out. They had it out front with the doors open facing away from us. We got in and drove away. It wasn't until later that I found they had badly scraped my front bumper on both sides - as though they tried to fit it between 2 pillars and got it stuck. I called the Four Seasons and both managers told me "The Valet is a 3rd party vendor so we have no responsibility". City Park Valet said they wouldn't do anything because it was obviously done before drove there. So, I asked to see the video footage and it was conveniently out of order for that particular day. Then I asked to see the ticket where the Valet is supposed to note any previous damage and they said it was lost. Then I received a call from their attorney saying that my ticket clearly states that if I drive away from the garage and don't report damage - they don't have to do anything about it. So, $900 later I just want to warn Everyone that does valet parking anywhere! Check your car before you drive away. It could save you $900 or more. And shame on Four Seasons! If you hire a 3rd party vendor you SHOULD be responsible or make them responsible for the safety and good of your clientele.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank SanJosemarieb60
Write a ReviewReviews (1,701)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

It Is an absolute shame there is no decent place to stay in San Francisco, the Hotel looks like a Marriott Courtyard and it is tasteless in every sense, The rooms are a cookie cutter style, a morgue bathroom style, the carpet with a horrible smell, the lights have no coherence at all, the sheets are like a cardboard, horrible decoration from the entrance, the lobby up to the hallways and for shure in the rooms, the mattress that use to be phenomenal now it is a mess, Four Seasons SF General Manager do you self a favor, go to any Peninsula Hotel ask for some advise in High end Staff service and call Adam Tihany ask him to renew your hotel, it is revolting, the worst part at the bar "MKT" they have one bloody Champagne brand by the glass, how is that possible? The worst Kempkinski Hotel in Shanghai (where nobody drinks champagne) Have 4 selections by the glass. What does this pseudo Four Seasons has to do with something like George V in Paris? Nothing so change the name and call it Courtyard by Marriott

Room Tip: Forget it better stay at the Mandarin Oriental
3  Thank EmanuelDeRothschild
Christian K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

I deeply apologize that you did not have a great stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide candid feedback. We will do better in communicating with our guests, from the different rooms types we offer to the varieties of sparkling wines available in MKT. I'd love to learn more about your visit and see how we can improve upon our guests' experience. If you have the chance, I can be reached at (415) 633-3000‎.

Hotel Manager

We have 6 sparkling wines by the glass:

2 Champagnes; Moet and Roederer
A rose sparkling from Burgundy
A prosecco
and
2 american sparkling wines.

Feel this is OK :))

My answer would be very apologetic, very much interested to find out more of his stay to fix service issues :)

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I was woken up by a smoke alarm sounding over an intercom in the room. Beep. beep..... Beep, beep, "this is an emergency evacuation of the hotel". I looked at the clock. It was 2am. The recorded voice continued with step=by=step instructions on getting out of bed, getting dressed, leaving the room and proceeding down the hallway to the nearest emergency exit. I look out my door down the hallway at half asleep people wandering down the hall like zombies. In the other direction, 2 security officers were urgently fiddling with the fire alarm. I asked "what's up?"
"Probably a false alarm, but the fire department has to turn it off."
An entire 17-story, 5-star hotel was a evacuated for someone smoking in the hallway. WOW!!
It was a creepy, surreal experience. After I left, I felt like I'd escaped from an institution.

1  Thank Katherine K
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I only got to stay here for one night but I will definitely be back. The staff really takes care in recognizing their guests and their needs, and is efficient and kind. I was made to feel like a very special guest which I greatly appreciate. The room was fantastic, so quiet, and the amenities wonderful. I loved the access to Sports Club LA. It was a restful visit and just what I needed while on a crazy business trip. I can't wait to return.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We traveled with our two kids and stayed in a one bedroom suite over the holidays. Kids slept in the sofa bed. It was reasonably spacious for the city. Beautiful room and bathroom, with a nice view of the neighborhood (SOMA). They provided us with robes for the kids, along with milk and cookies on arrival for the kids. The hotel gets high marks for location (short walk to the downtown shopping mall, easy access to BART and the cable cars), service, and the fact that (adult) guests have access to a real gym. It is expensive but a beautiful hotel. There seem to be limited dining options within the hotel compared to other properties, but with so many wonderful restaurants in the city, this is not a major concern.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Christian K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

I'm so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel, its location and the amenities for the kids. We do offer MKT Restaurant - Bar and in-room dining, and as you mentioned San Francisco does have many dining options. We hope to welcome you back again, and we'd be happy to provide a list of places to go with your family or additional dining options to explore.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was back for a 2nd 3-night stay and it was just as nice as the first time. The service we received from everyone--room service, housekeeping, valet, front desk, bell desk--was wonderful. The location is a good starting point for exploring San Francisco.

They pleasantly accommodated 3 people in our room, where we had a king bed and a comfortable cot for an extra $50/night.

The room service food was pretty good, but overpriced. And wifi is not included in the room price.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed for 4-night stay this summer and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at another great FS property.

We booked two rooms and the hotel nicely gave us adjoining corner units which allowed for a shared entry door but still the privacy between the units. Both units were large and perfect, and the views were great.

Location is excellent, right on Market Street with all of its nice shops and within walking distance of the Embarcadero. Easy to take taxis (or the beautiful house car, if you're lucky) to restaurants anywhere downtown.

Breakfast in the restaurant was very good, as were drinks in the bar. Really can't say anything negative about the place except that we had to leave!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for all the kind words. I'll be sharing with the staff at MKT Restaurant. We're sorry to see you go, but hope to see you again for another San Francisco visit!

Hotel Manger