“Interior of Hotel is superb, Exterior - watch where you walk !”

Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #14 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 19 September 2006

Let me start with the positives:

Hotel is one of the most elegant, modern, and clean hotels you will ever find. The staff is amazing and the food was also superb. This hotel has it all and your hotel room will be perfect as was ours.

The Exterior - Make you realize that less than 2 blocks both ways of the hotel are disgusting bums and people sleeping on the street. After 8pm you can NOT just walk around. Across the street is Armani, BEBE, and other high end shops with homeless literally sleeping in front of the sidewalks.

My suggestion is to maybe stay in Nob Hill (Ritz?) Four Seasons is everything you could ever want in a hotel, but San Francisco needs to clean up their act.

You won't find that on Michigan Ave in Chicago or Fifth Ave in New York.

If you select the Four Seasons, get room service, sit at the bar and have the best hotel experience you've ever had !

Stayed: August 2006
12  Thank MonteChicago

Reviewed 2 September 2006

After reading all the reviews of San Francisco hotels I decided to splash out a bit and opted for the Four Seasons. We were to arrive on a long journey from London with our three children, and would no doubt be completely exhausted and jetlagged, so why not go for the best? We were not disappointed. The rooms were absolutely wonderful, the best we have ever stayed in. The staff were all extremely helpful, including housekeeping who found my son's teddy bear, accidentally taken in the laundry one morning, and the concierge who could not possibly have given us more help or attention, the best we have ever experienced. Another plus is the location, practically opposite the Market/Powell cable car stop and two minutes from Union Square. We had a fantastic visit to SF, and will never forget our stay at the Four Seasons.

Stayed: July 2006
13  Thank AndrewDavis
Reviewed 16 August 2006

If there is a 4 Seasons in a city Im in ...well, that's where I stay. With the exception of London (Claridges). Service is 1st rate. Always a "can do" attitude. They keep a profile on you, so they know what u like. They know to take at all the snacks my room (I'll eat them) Laundry service is the best. The SF 4 Seasons hotel is the best in the city. Bar none. Good size rooms. Great views. And the staff...when they make a mistake, which has only happened once in all my years with 4 Seasons, they say "we are sorry" in a big way. They forgot to give me turn down service one night. The morning maid caught it and that evening a fruit and cheese plate, plus a bottle of SChramsberg bubbly to say ,"Sorry". I accepted the apology..:-)...

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
15  Thank Donk93953
Reviewed 16 August 2006

OK, i have always loved staying at a Four Seasons property, believe me i have stayed at a lot. The service is always top notch but I am starting to get the impression that some of the newer properties are starting to feel a little too corporate for my liking. I first noticed it in Prague, nice lobby but the room was a real let down, the hotel in Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, dont get me wrong, I love staying there, the place is buzzing but again the rooms and bathrooms are not that great.
San Francisco should have no excuse, a new purpose built hotel. again nice lobby, but a really ordinary room (8 times out of 10 I stay in a suite) uninspiring bathroom.
Come on Four Seasons, build them like New York or Hong Kong where there are stunning bedrooms and bathrooms where you dream of returning to.

21  Thank Travelking997
Reviewed 10 August 2006

For my first visit to SF I chose the FS based on reviews here and on previous FS experiences I have had. I booked a delux cityview room and was located on the 17th floor of this downtown skyscraper (I believe the topmost floors are FS residences).

The public spaces of the hotel are flawless and beautifully elegant. To my eye the room was underdecorated (for the price) but very spacious.

The staff (and to my mind this is where FS scores over every other chain) are courteous and extremely well trained to deliver the best that they can. This at the end of the day is what I think you pay for with FS.

Its not cheap but ultimately if you are worrid about saving 100 bucks this is probabaly not the right place for you.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
20  Thank gofer
Reviewed 5 August 2006

Impeccable service, Beautiful rooms, Fantastic food, Incredibly Comfortable bed. I didn't want to leave. . . .

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
7  Thank WillieLoman
Reviewed 1 August 2006

There is little to add to many other reviews. This is a truly excellent hotel, for adults and children alike. From the moment we arrived to our departure five days later we were treated fantastically. The service from the concierge, who got us in to all of the restaurants we wanted and came up with lots of information on tours and places of interest, was the best we have experienced, anywhere

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family