“Excellent Customer Service!!”
Review of Hotel Metropolis

Hotel Metropolis
Ranked #184 of 231 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My first time to visit San Francisco with my husband. We stayed at Hotel Metropolis for a week and as a tourist we had a great experience with the services provided by the receptionist, staffs and even the managers. We tried to check some hotels somewhere near downtown but the service are really poor (no patience to answer our inquiries and even told us to check it online instead) but the Hotel Metropolis staffs exceeded our expectations. The place is just walking distance at Westfield Mall, Union Square, Cable car and tourist spot. We will surely come back and stay here again. More power to Hotel Metropolis.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jaime G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Metropolis, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Anne R,

We want to thank you for providing us the opportunity to exceed your expectations and to have a positive impact on your 1st tripto San Franciso! It was our pleasure and a delight to have you as our guest, and that we were able to assist you in all areas of your visit. Whenever you decide to return to San Francisco please reach out to me directly for your reservations. The Metropolis Staff along with myself wish you and your family a Happy New Years!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I really appreciate this help from Louis, Jay and Abdullah from Hotel Metropolis, so I would like to write down my first review to share the experience with the hotel service.
I sent a package to Hotel Metropolis to my brother in law, somehow post office dropped the package off at wrong location. Louis and Jay were trying very hard to locate where the package is and sent Abdullah to pick it up, therefore my brother in law was able to get it right before he caught the flight.
This is a hugh favor for me. I would have lost my package without their help, since post office is not reliable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Tammy C,

I'm very happy to hear that Luis, Jay and Abdallah were able to successfully track down your package blocks away to the wrong location. It is nice to hear compliments like this from you our guest and again I'm glad we exceeded your expectations at the Hotel Metropolis! We look forward to having your family and you again as our guest next time your in San Francisco.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Here are a list of the issues:
-I did not feel safe -there were homeless people begging and blocking you from entering the hotel - they need a security guard at the main entrance
-TV did not work well
-Very little hot water
-only a small base-board heater that did nothing
-Windows do not seal out cold air or noise

Positives
-It was cheap
-The staff was friendly

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam T
Jaime G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Metropolis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Sam T,

Thank you for review and I'm disappointed that the homeless issue in San Francisco, the delivery of hot water and t.v. signal not coming in clearly affected you. On the other hand I'm glad that you found our staff to be friendly and I would appreciate it if you could reach out to me so I may resolve these issues.

Regards,

415-775-4600
jgonzalez@haiyi-hotels.com

Reviewed 21 November 2013

If you're a brave traveler who doesn't demand perfection, and you don't want to pay the higher prices of bigger hotels in the area, then this place will work for you. On the other hand, if you prefer not to encounter homeless people at the front door, if you want your ABC channel to come in clear on the tv in your room, if you don't want to hear the conversations of people in the next room clearly or the loud voices of people in the hallway returning from an evening out, if you want the size of the double room you'll find in the name brand hotels, and if you want hot water for your shower if you take it 7 a.m or after, then this hotel is probably not a good fit.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear rasherman,

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice review. Thank you for your feedback. We do hope you will join us again as a guest in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was at least the third time we have stayed at Hotel Metropolis, We were repeat customers with good reason. The hotel, though at first look at the area is usually a little piece of heaven inside! They offer something most hotels lack; a corner suite of two bedrooms and a sitting room. Perfect for groups or situations where it's nice to have that living space to conversate in a sitting place other than the room itself! This visit was different than the others and we question if we will ever return.
First occurrence on our two night stay was was the lack of hot water. Both mornings there was absolutely no hot shower to be had by any of our two 6th floor suite rooms! Quite the shock!
Second and most concerning was the ruckus that occurred in the room across from us. We heard yelling and screaming, threats of killing and knifing. At first we thought it a domestic quarrel, but it escalated into the hall at our door. My call to the desk was met with reluctance to do anything about the situation. As I was calling the screaming was getting louder and the threats stronger. We opened our door to see what was happening only to see a homeless person in the room across the hall and the occupants telling her to get out. Seems she had followed someone up to their room and would not leave and was threatening them. First the bellhop came up but he did nothing, instead just walked away. Next a security guard came up, only 911 was called. We had never experienced this before...it did make us question the lack of security at the door and just how easy it is for the numerous druggies out front to just come on in! Funny the cabby dropped us off that night with the parting words of "Welcome to Crack Heaven."
So we are left with thoughts of fear in a place we had never even thought about the "outside crowd" prior to this visit. We still love the suite set-up, free internet that really works and pet friendly policy but this may have been a bit too scary for comfort!

Room Tip: aim high for quietness
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ccinchico

Dear ccinchico,

Thank you for your honest and comprehensive review of your experience during your stay. I want to apologize for the shock that you encountered due to no hot water and the homeless person that snuck into the elevator. I want you to know that we did fix the issue we had with the delivery of hot water to all the rooms and we continue to have security rover the outside/inside of the property to decrease the number of loitering homeless.

On the bright side I am happy that you enjoy the free Wi-FI, our pet policy and our 2 bedroom corner suites with living room space to socialize and entertain guests. I would appreciate it if you could reach out to me to further discuss your experience.

415-775-4600
jgonzalez@haiyi-hotels.com

Reviewed 12 November 2013

What I enjoyed about my stay is the location, the décor, cleanliness and happy hour. All very nice and would entice me to return.

However, After I settled in late last night, I turned on the television to find there was no reception, on any channel. A maintenance person was sent up but couldn’t fix it. He was nice enough to offer moving to another room but at that point I had already settled in and unpacked.
In the morning, I went to make coffee only to find that the nearest outlet did not work. There are only two in the room so 50/50 is not a good %.
I turned on the shower, only to find that there was NO HOT WATER. Others were complaining about this during my checkout as well. Interestingly, Jay took no notes, so I’m hoping that this email serves its purpose. I would like to return to your hotel, however, without basic amenities, I find that very doubtful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Thirstygirl25,

Thank you very much for your honest review and that you gave me the opportunity to resolve the issues that you experienced. I am happy that you did enjoy our location, decor, cleanliness and happy hour. Again, I want to notify you that we did fix the issues you had with the t.v, hot water, and electrical outlet to eliminate any issues for the benefit of future guests like you.

We do appreciate your feedback and we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention.

We look forward to having you again as our guest in February.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

First impression of the hotel, I was scared, I thought the shuttle driver had made the wrong turn, we had arrived at night, so experienced what goes on when the sun goes down. Once inside the hotel though I felt safe, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The interior of the hotel was of a high qualtiy, our room was warm and inviting. Location was excellent apart from the homeless and the night activites, but we travelled as a group and was back at the hotel before midnight. Would I use this hotel again, for the location definitely, but as a group.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear mitza7,

We appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel and contribution tho the Trip Advisor community. More importantly, we are happy to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful, the hotel was of high quality paired with our warm inviting rooms, and that the location was excellent. We look forward to having you again as our guest at the Hotel Metropolis next time your in San Francisco!