My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Inn at the Opera. While it is true that the Inn is showing her age a little, she is still very nice and the staff were excellent.
-Wonderful staff. Everyone went out of their way to be friendly and appeared to enjoy their job. Cherry and Daniel at the front desk and Betty from housekeeping stand out, but truly everyone was nice. When we were checking out they asked if there was anything they could have done to make our trip better, which says a lot about their dedication to service.
-The room was clean. I've been at large, name brand hotels that were not as good.
- Our room (73 a smaller one bedroom) was very quiet. I have read trip advisor complaints, but in our case at least, we were impressed. We heard the occasional siren, but not much else.
-Nice touches. The continental breakfast, cookies in the afternoon and apples in the lobby were all appreciated.
- Location. It is just a couple blocks from the restaurants and shops of Hayes Valley. We had a great meal at Absinthe and enjoyed strolling up to Patricia's green.
- Location - yes, locations is a pro and a con. While we didn't have any problems, it is obvious that if you go the wrong direction, you might end up in a not so nice neighborhood. We found ways around these, but feel it is important to mention. The Inn is also a ways from the tourist sites of Fisherman's Wharf and Chinatown, which means extra travel time.
- The single elevator. We generally used the elevator going up and walked down the 7 flights, but can see how this could be an issue for someone with limited mobility.
- As mentioned above, the Inn is showing its age a bit. There are dings in the walls and a couple of places that could use a new coat of paint. It is certainly not a sanitized mega hotel, but that is also part of its charm.
Overall, my wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Inn at the Opera. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and it had a quaint charm. While not the Ritz Carlton, we'd definitely consider it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at the Opera is located in the Civic Center area of San Francisco and features a prime location with a European-style, bed and breakfast ambiance where performing arts lovers and artists converge. Located just steps away from many venues including the Louise M. Davies Symphony Hall, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco Opera, San Francisco War Memorial and Performing Arts Center and the SF Jazz Center, the Inn at the Opera is your gateway to all the finest cultural activities that San Francisco has to offer. Relax in elegantly appointed rooms that are tastefully decorated with antique European furnishings and includes high speed Internet access. Enjoy our daily continental breakfast, served 7:00am - 10:00am, and includes fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, croissants, cereals, juices and coffee. For your convenience, limited valet parking is available (based on availability), at a cost of $31.92 (includes tax), per 24 hour period, and is available from 7:00am - 11:00pm with in and out privileges during those hours. For an unforgettable dining experience or pre/post show drinks, located inside the hotel is Pläj Restaurant (pronounced Play). Recognized as one of San Francisco's best, Pläj is a celebration of local and seasonal ingredients, inspired by the rustic flavors and simple elegance of Scandinavian cuisine. Reservations are highly recommended. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn at the Opera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Opera Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel At The Opera
- At The Opera Hotel