I stayed here from Oct 6th to the Oct 8th. I arrived to the hotel via a personal vehicle. I arrived on the weekend so parking is free so I wouldn't need to worry about it til Monday. However I'd like to add parking is around the 30 dollar range if you do have a vehicle. Once I arrived to the hotel. I checked in verified that I was military and went upstairs. I booked a regular room that had an hdtv a queen size bed and a nice decent size bathroom. The room was equipped with wifi and an ethernet connection. A little tidbit about wifi. It is painfully slow. If you want faster speeds either try starbucks down the street or suck it up by using the ethernet cord. I realized when I hooked up to the ethernet cord it was a lot faster.
I ventured the city a little bit and realized there was happy hour from 4pm-6pm where you can have wine and some snacks. It is complimentary and keep in mind please do tip your waiter. The hotel tries its best not to inconvenience you, you can add the tip to your room and pay it when you check out. Again this hotel provided breakfast and I'd like to say this is top notch also. The breakfast is like a buffet and has a lot of choices.
I would highly recommend coming here especially if you're active duty military. If they have any available rooms, on the weekdays its 79 and on the weekends its 99. It is a steal for a downtown hotel being that other hotels in the area on the average will run you 200 to 300 a night. I highly recommend it. I would definitely come back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is located next to Union Square and San Francisco's iconic cable cars; walking distance to Chinatown, art galleries, museums and the best shopping district in the city. Built in the 1920's in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, this historic 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, cable TV and a full service health club with indoor swimming pool located on site. Rooftop restaurant and bar overlooking downtown and Union Square. Live piano music Tuesday through Saturday nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco