We enjoyed our stay at the Marines Memorial Club immensely! The location was great to walk everywhere! We took the Bart train from the airport and the walk to the hotel was quick and direct (maybe 5-8 minutes). And this location was perfect for walking all over the city. Our room was lovely, and the amenities were perfect - robes, filtered water on the floor (or purchase bottled water in your room for a very reasonable price - like $1.50 a bottle or something), lovely soaps and other items, great linens, personal Keurig in your room - really wonderful room. Then, of course the happy hour - seriously puts this hotel above the rest - during the happy hour you can have any non frozen well drink, beer on tap, or house wine for free. As many as you want, and great wait staff! And by the way, the restaurant is on the top floor with fantastic city views! Then the breakfast - delicious hot breakfast with everything - eggs, potatoes, pancakes, bacon, biscuits, waffles, etc (and fruit, yogurt, cereal, croissants, etc). It was wonderful. We also took advantage of the gym that is next door- also included - it was small (it is SF) but nicely equipped with great cardio machines and weights - it had lap pool but we did not use the pool.
We would stay here again in a second. WE LOVED IT, I would give it 10 stars! It is so nice to have all of these great extras at no additional charge, it really made you feel good about staying here (I hate the nickle and dime "resort fee","internet fee", etc some places charge and loved that this had so many great inclusions with your room charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is located next to Union Square and San Francisco's iconic cable cars; walking distance to Chinatown, art galleries, museums and the best shopping district in the city. Built in the 1920's in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, this historic 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, cable TV and a full service health club with indoor swimming pool located on site. Rooftop restaurant and bar overlooking downtown and Union Square. Live piano music Tuesday through Saturday nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco