Lowest prices for your stay
US$110
Free cancellation until 06/11/21
US$131
Free cancellation until 06/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$98
PricelineUS$110
Hotels.comUS$131
eDreamsUS$110
1,249 results
All reviews union square great location central location lobby sf bart trolley pier
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

Visiting my son at AAU and his dorm is just two blocks away. Very affordable option with all the basics. I had a great night’s sleep. Nice shower pressure and plenty of hot water! What else do you need? Ask for a hair dryer at the desk. Very friendly staff with continental breakfast (no protein) in morning. So close to Chinatown and even walked to Japantown and North Beach from here.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Barbra C
Reviewed 3 April 2019

Bed Bugs!

I have been bitten by bed bugs in this hotel. Even worse, the hotel staff told me it was my own fault.

After informing the reception staff of my bites, the hotel only wanted to refund me one nights stay. They told me they 'found no indication of bed bugs' and that their position is that I was 'bitten by bed bugs outside the hotel premises and might have unknowingly carried the bed bugs into the room'. They refused to take any responsibility whatsoever, telling me 'the situation is beyond control of the hotel'.

After arguing with the owner over the phone, they refunded me an extra night and only very reluctantly agreed to cover expenses for a cortisone cream and a trip to the nearest open pharmacy, but not as an admission of guilt, but 'out of the goodness of their heart', because they 'feel sorry for me'.

Later, the admitted to having found bed bugs in my room after having called an exterminator. Only afterwards, the hotel agreed to my request and refunded my full stay. It made me feel like I had to fight for this every step of the way. At no point did I feel the hotel was forthcoming in this whole situation. The owner raised her voice on the phone at me, saying 'that it is not fair' that the hotel should refund my stay. What is not fair is them failing to provide safe premises and then blaming the visitor.

What is most shocking to me is that they inspected the room after I reported it, found nothing wrong with it and then the exterminator still found bed bugs. This says a lot about their standard of cleanliness in my opinion.

This hotel stay was a true nightmare for me and I find the way I was treated appalling.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
9  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 31 March 2019 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights here , for the price it was clean and well located , the guys working where helpful and friendly. The pastry’s and muffins where tasty for breakfast. I’d recommend this place for someone on a budget .

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank andrewbP5559OX
Reviewed 25 March 2019 via mobile

Just had a three night stay at The Grant Hotel, if your looking for luxury it’s about 5 minutes walk away and an extra $250 a night. If on the other hand your looking for a safe friendly clean hotel with very comfy beds and spotlessly clean rooms in a great location The Grant Hotel is ideal. Cable car stop is 1 minute away, Union Square is 5 minutes down hill walk. Help yourself breakfast is available in the lobby with freshly delivered pastries and unlimited hot drinks every day from 7am. This is a very secure and clean good value hotel in a central location with excellent staff and 24 hour front desk.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank perryPortsmouth
Reviewed 21 March 2019

The location of the hotel is very central to all the tourist attractions.
We picked The Grant Hotel based on location, recent reviews and value.
With regard to location, we couldn't fault it, however, the past reviews didn't match our expectation and consequently, we were very disappointed with our choice and wouldn't stay again. Our room was very tired and in need of a refurbishment and looked nothing like the images on TripAdvisor.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple