“Quick, easy and delicioso! Great corn chowder and salsas!”
Review of Frontera Fresco - CLOSED

Frontera Fresco
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Neighbourhood: Union Square
vista, ca
“Quick, easy and delicioso! Great corn chowder and salsas!”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We always loved Rick Bayless on the top chef master shows. And we LOVE the salsa by him, you can find it in most super markets. So when we found ourselves in San Francisco, by union station we had to try his restaurant. It is in the Macy's department store, bottom floor. Not the best atmosphere for this place but easy and quick. We ordered poblano corn chowder $3.95, a chicken chipotle tamale $4.50, and chipotle chicken/shrimp tacos $7.95. My other half LOVED the corn chowder! Couldn't stop talking about it. We shared the tamale. I am a picky tamale person and they were pretty good. I have to say my homemade ones are better though. I wish we could have tried more. The salads looked very good. Everything was great and quick and not pricey at all. San Francisco is lucky to have this place.

• Visited November 2011