“Real coffe”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Blue Bottle is hands down, the Best cup of coffee I have ever had! There is so much flavor! It makes all other coffees taste bitter and burnt!

Reviewed 3 August 2012

I met my husband when he was a Manager/barista and I've always claimed he made the best coffee ever - I hope he doesn't read this review because the coffee from Blue Bottle was unbelievable. He kept talking about the bean and the blend and blah blah but I think this was all about the skill of the barista in foaming the milk. OMG the latte was beautiful. I showed up at a time that there was only 2 ahead of me in the line which was really lucky. The service was very friendly and I loved every sip of that coffee - i still have time for a couple more before we leave San Francisco!!

1  Thank fruitio
Reviewed 2 August 2012

this is your place. I was looking forward to going here because my husband and I are both coffee fiends and had heard so much about it. Neither of us was impressed by the weak espresso or drip coffee and don't really understand why people wait in such a long line. (At least there was not much of a line when we were there.)

I would have liked to have tried the affogato but they were "sold out".

We had much better coffee at the espresso bar at Land's End, and that became our go-to place on this trip, it was always perfectly poured, bold and delicious!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

The line is always long, but its worth waiting in line. Every cup is brewed one at a time. Only Philz is better.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

No matter what time of day you show up, there will always be a line at Blue Bottle (hint: try going on Sundays when most shops don't open until later but BB is open early) - the New Orleans style iced coffee was amazing and kept me going alll day on our nearly 10mile walk! The regular cafe latte is just as delicious - I'm not a coffee expert but it definitely stood up to the hype from my friends. The waffle is a nice snack to fill your tum before you head out and face the day. If there is a line when you are at the Ferry Building, don't be scared off. It's worth it!