“Excellent Thai food, without pretension”

The Old Siam Thai Restaurant
Ranked #329 of 5,925 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I had a few excellent meals at the old siam.
The menu propose a large set of Thai dishes at affordable prices (I could eat more than decent meals for less than 12 bucks).
The food was always fresh, tasteful and nicely served.
Waiters were quick and helpful.
The restaurant is cosy but without pretension, best for a a solo or sharing a meal with friends.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Arrived for a early dinner. Great prices. Service was fast. We stayed in the area and saw this place was packed most evenings. Chicken coconut soup was fantastic!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I am not the most adventurous person when it comes to Thai food so I tend to select non spicy items. THe menu contained many items to choose from. I selected the Chicke Pad Se-ew which was wide rice noodles, chicken, chinese brocoli in a black soy sauce. While it was tasty it was just ordinary. The service was quick. The other dishes that I saw pass by all looked very good. If you are looking for a quick bite and not to fussy this might be the place for you.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Nice little Thai place. Small, made me think of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Perfect for dinner or lunch, as long as it's not too crowded.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We saw this rated high in our travel book and sought it out late one evening. The food was fantastic and we loved watching the wait staff working together and being so efficient. One recommended a great meal for my husband. I loved the calamari and panang curry chicken. We highly recommend this place!