“Make sure you know which room to book”
Review of Hotel Fusion

Hotel Fusion
Ranked #125 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
UK
“Make sure you know which room to book”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Travelled with my partner and stayed here for 4 nights on the way home from a 6 week trip. The first room we were allocated was the smallest double room we had experienced. The bed was a standard double, there were no bedside tables and the light could only be turned off by getting out of bed. We were prepared to put up with it but then realised the safe lock was broken. We asked reception if they could sort it but they were unable to repair it. We asked for a room move and were allocated an accessible double on level 5. What a difference - bigger bed, 2 tv's, bath robes etc. the noise from an outside fan was a nuisance.

The breakfast was coffee, danish, juice, fruit and cereal - adequate but not brilliant.

Having said all of that, the location was superb, the staff were friendly so if the price is right it would be OK but not brilliant and I couldn't recommend it

Room Tip: We were moved to a double accessible room on level 5, the first double on level 2 which was really t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Majestic Great Plains
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Location: Unbeatable. Two blocks or less from BART, MUNI, and a cable car line. No dragging suitcases onto a street car.

Service: Speedy check in, very nice staff. As I had a conversation with the front desk clerk, he told me that apparently some travelers are not aware that a hotel (any hotel) will put a temporary authorization on your credit card before the final bill is tallied. This is a common practice of hotels and rental car agencies world wide. Welcome to the 21st century. Enjoy your new BetaMax.

Cleanliness: No grossness to report. Yes, I checked for bedbugs: none.

Room fixtures: Everything in working order: lights, tv, etc.. Shower water became hot quickly, in room climate control was nice. I stayed in February so I cannot confirm whether or not the room had a/c.

Security: Room locks were sturdy and worked well. The elevator requires room key activation and the stairwell is near the front desk with camera coverage.

The View: I had room 429 with an inside view, i.e. a view of the other rooms right across the corridor. Otherwise, this hotel is between tall buildings with no real view to speak of. San Francisco is one stunning scenic view after another, so you will not suffer for lack of scenery. If you insist on a skyline vista out of your window, walk on by.

Breakfast: Nothing remarkable, but nice. Pastries, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. Just enough to get you going and out. Breakfast is on the 5th floor. The ice machine is on the 4th floor. Request a high room.

Size of the room: Yes, the room I had was very small. There was no more than 3 feet of space between the bed and the wall in any direction. I had to store my suitcase in the surprisingly large bathroom. I did not object to this, but I was disappointed to discover no traditional table or desk with a chair in this room. The room was just too small for any more furniture.

Noise levels: With an inside room on the 4th floor, I had absolutely no night club or street noise. The walls were a bit thin, so I could hear my neighbors' activities. If you honeymoon here, you may see an admiring crowd giving you a standing ovation when you exit your room.

Overall recommendation: Absolutely yes. Despite some mild issues mentioned above, this property is a great option for those looking for a home base from which to conquer San Fran but still want a real, grown up hotel.

Room Tip: Get a high floor. Be close to ice and breakfast, away from noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 285Hryvnia
John D, General Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear 285 Hryvnia,

First and foremost, thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review, and for choosing Hotel Fusion as part of your San Francisco experience. I especially would like to thank you for posting a candid and a very entertaining review! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We understand that you may have experienced a bit of an issue - breakfast and room size.

First, room size: our building was erected in 1926, and due to structural challenges, all of our rooms vary in sizes. We have some rooms that are furnished with a desk and chair, and some do not as you experienced. On your next visit, I would welcome you to contact me directly and I will handle your reservation personally.

Second, breakfast: we will be undergoing a renovation construction that includes a banquet room with ample seating for all of our guests. Once renovations are completed, we can offer more breakfast varieties to all of our guests.

Thank you once again for posting a review on Trip Advisor, and please do keep Hotel Fusion in mind for your next visit to San Francisco.
Australia
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The hotel is clean and fresh from the moment you walk in, the staff at reception are knowledgable and helpful. The rooms are well appointed with everything you need. The items in the mini bar are well priced unlike other hotels and in house laundry is also well priced and timely in its return. Continental breakfast and great speed wi-fi is all complimentary as is 24hr tea & coffee in reception.

The location could not be better. 2 minute walk to Market Street and all the major shops. The F tram (outside Westfield) will take you to Fishermans Wharf for $2 or catch the historic Trolly Car for $6 ($14 for all day pass on all trams/buses etc) - if you are going to Alcatraz book ahead either online or at pier 33 as there are only so many people allowed per day due to the ferry capacities.

The hotel is no noisier than others in a city that I have stayed in.

I would stay here again and recommend it to family and friends.

Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Sparky0121,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to give us a glorious feedback on our hotel property!

Thank you once again for giving us a great review, and please do keep Hotel Fusion in mind on your next visit to San Francisco. See you again!
Ebbw Vale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have just arrived back from the US i went to stay in Seattle first then down to San Fran for 7 days i arrived in this hole and booked into another hotel, it smelt the bed linen was dirty and no room at all, the web site does not show the true Hotel Fusion, i have no idea where those rooms are because the people we spoke with all said that there rooms were small, i stayed across the road at the Parc 55 at a massive cost but onto the travel agent .......great location but that is it

Room Tip: dont go near the hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dotty178
Dear Dotty178,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review, and for staying with Hotel Fusion on your recent visit to San Francisco and appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on our hotel property.

We always take the time for each of the reviews to be personally reviewed by management and we make sure to share your comments with the appropriate department heads. We understand you may have experienced an issue regarding the room size and cleanliness. Our building was erected in 1926 and due to structural challenges, all of our rooms vary in sizes, and unfortunately, this is an issue that is outside of our control.

I am surprised to hear however that the cleanliness level of our rooms did not meet your expectations, and for that please accept my personal apology on behalf of Hotel Fusion and its staffs. Our Housekeeping Department is well known on their stringent practices, and Hotel Fusion always gets positive reviews when it comes to cleanliness.

Our goal is to recognize we may not have met your expectations and we want to make it right. I do hope you will contact me directly for your next stay in San Francisco and allow us to show you the best Hotel Fusion has to offer.

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This was a very poor experience.

When I checked in, the front desk woman was friendly and helpful. The service went down from there.

This was a business trip and I had arrived to SF mid morning after waking up very early so I was looking to get to sleep around 10pm. Since I was on the second floor, I figured I was far enough from the street noise. I was. But, I was pretty much on top of the nightclub.

So, until almost 2am, my windows shook and the base beats of the night club kept me up. It was very very loud. I called down to the front desk and was told that the music would end around midnight. So I was patient. Then it was 1230, then 130am, and the music kept thumping.

The person on the phone was abrupt and rude. I asked my question, she answered, and then she hung up quickly. I'm guessing she was getting lots of calls from angry guests.

It was impossible to sleep. This was not something earplugs would block.

The next morning, working on a few hours of sleep, I asked the front desk to change my room.

There was no apologies, no explanations. It was just a cool and unfriendly greeting, that did end up moving me to the 4th floor. The guy behind the desk didn't seem surprised about how horrible my night was. He didn't really care either.

So, the second night started the same: enter the shoebox sized room and hope for the best. At around 10pm, I start to hear a faint thumping beat. It's 2 flights above and I'm still hearing the nightclub!

I was able to doze a bit as it was a bit less than the night before but it was not a restful sleep.

The hotel in general is not worth a stay, it's cheap but not worth not sleeping. The location is fine but the service and comfort is lacking.

Room Tip: Far away from the nightclub!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear sfjonathan,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review, and for staying with Hotel Fusion on your recent visit to San Francisco.

We always take the time for each of the reviews to be personally reviewed by management and we make sure to share your comments with the appropriate department heads. We understand you experienced an issue regarding the noise from our night club Infusion Lounge while staying at Hotel Fusion. Our goal is to recognize we may not have met your expectations and we want to make it right. Please accept my personal apology for the inconvenience we caused you.

On a return visit to San Francisco, I would welcome you to give Hotel Fusion another try and allow you to experience the changes we have made along with appropriate improvements to our service level. Please contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservation; I will see to it personally that your stay will be both pleasurable and memorable.
rainb0wtraveler
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Location was great. Just two blocks from the Powell BART. Good value for what you pay for - free wifi, continental breakfast, and location was awesome.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rainb0wtraveler
Dear rainb0wtraveler,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion on your recent visit to San Francisco. I would also like to especially thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor, and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

Please do keep Hotel Fusion in mind on your next visit. Thanks again!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The location was good, the staff were great. They were helpful with queries and the internet room but didnt offer to take our bags to the rooms or anything like this.
There was a fair few things which made the stay not 100%. Our room was small, the bed, extremely small and not very comfortable. We were next to the janitors closet which was a little noisy at some points as well.
The complimentary breakfast which was a clincher for us when we booked was very basic. The pastries tasted old, which left oats or an apple. We had breakfast out each morning after the first disappointing morning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lucy C
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Lucy C.,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review and choosing Hotel Fusion on your recent visit. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on our hotel property. We always take the time for each of the reviews to be personally reviewed by management and we make sure to share your comments with the appropriate department heads.
We understand you may have experienced an issue while staying at Hotel Fusion. Our goal is to recognize we may not have met your expectations and we want to make it right. Please accept my personal apology for the inconvenience we may have caused you, and I do hope you will contact me directly on your next visit to San Francisco and allow us to show you the best Hotel Fusion has to offer.