“Good Location”
Review of Hotel Fusion

Ranked #123 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The Hotel was in the perfect location for shopping, sightseeing and dining out. I was on my own and thoroughly enjoyed my stay in San Francisco. The Transport is second to none. Cable cars, trams, buses, underground, metro, cabs, all frequent. The room was small but adequate for one and for the price. There was coffee and tea facilities in the room, which I appreciated. The cleaners were polite and unobtrusive and the room was cleaned every day.

Room Tip: Don't expect 5* accommodation. It's clean, in a great location and comfortable. I would use...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear EVT70,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Hotel Fusion. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. San Francisco is such a great city to visit so we hope to see you back again soon!

Hotel Fusion

Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the fusion hotel last week. I was alone on a 3 day's vacation -wensday to Saturday .arriving the hotel from the airport was very easy using the BART train to Powell st.the hotel is located in a perfect place in the middle of san francisco. I chose to be without a car so the location was very important to me-Close to all the transportation lines and far enough from the tenderloin bad era. (Du I'm sure that you can't miss the "not normal" people nearby but in a lower density to other areas).

The guy in the front desk was very nice and informative (Michel) he also gave me(all visitors get) a free pass for all the staying and two drinks 'on the house' in the night club that located close to the hotel (fusion lounge).very nice club.

The room:

I was located in the fourth floor (430) and it's a little small but in the right size for one person, for two it is small. The bed is to soft (I had the quin size). there is mini bar full of drinks and snacks and in very fair price. Coffee maker, safe, air conditioning, heater and even fan with light above the bed.free wifi in a very good quality. The bathroom is nice and clean. No view from the windows (three) all you can see is the wall of the next building. No vent in the bathroom. Generally nice clean room.

Don't count on breakfast because you'll be disappointed. It's not really a breakfast its bagels with butter and coffee/orange on the fifth floor (in a converted room...) You supposed to take the food to your room. I didn't only once...suggest that you will eat in the restaurants near by. ( see the breakfast as a free bonus).

The service is great. From the front desk to the cleaning ladys. Towels are replaced every day. thay ask few times if you need anything.
I had an early flight on steurday (no early BART transportation)the hotel as a shuttle service so I returned to the airport conveniently, safely and fairly (15$ ticket price).

Very nice hotel. Reasonable prices I stayed at the fusion hotel last week. I was alone for 3 day's vacation wensday to Saturday .arriving the hotel from the airport was very easy using the BART train to Powell st.the hotel is located in a perfect place in the middle of san francisco. I chose to be without a car so the location was very important to me-Close to all the transportation lines and far enough from the tenderloin bad era. (Du I'm sure that you can't miss the "not normal" people but in lower density to other areas).

The room:

Don't count on the breakfast because you'll be disappointed. It's not really a breakfast its bagels with butter and coffee/orange on the fifth floor (in a converted room...) You supposed to take the food to your room. I didn't only once...suggest that you will eat in the restaurants near by.

Very nice hotel. Reasonable prices (150-200$ per night). Best location. Feeling safety. I will definitely consider staying at the hotel again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank ofirtal

Dear ofirtal,

Thank you for your thorough review of Hotel Fusion. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great location for Union Square and loads of shopping.
The hotel itself is a basic hotel, we had a small room looking on to a brick wall but we weren't there to sit in the hotel room.
We had breakfast one day but didn't bother the other 2 as it was very small.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bhlister

Dear bhlister,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Fusion. We appreciate your kind words and are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hotel Fusion.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

i've stayed at Hotel Fusion twice. This time out, the bathroom was strangely shaped and had a lot of wasted space. The room was small and smelled funny, like distant varnish or paint. The continental breakfast is lackluster, but appreciated. The free wifi was unacceptably slow.

Screens around the hotel, including on the first teevee channel, showed these weird karaoke-style videos of sexy young people enjoying the five-odd (and i do mean "odd") Hotel Fusion-branded products for sale at the front desk: champagne, some sort of fruit drink, a branded hoodie or somesuch piece of clothing ... super weird.

The bed was reasonably comfy. No window view to speak of. Some staff were weirdly surly and uninviting. The location can't be beat. i would not buy a room here without a conference discount or special, because the place is often overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014

If you want to be right in the midst of all the tourist action this is a good spot as it's only a block or two from the square and everything you need is right next door. I found it a bit annoying having to fight my way through the tourist hordes to get anywhere. Room was small but very nice. Walls a bit thin though and loud groups on my floor kept me up. Good value for money.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was having trouble finding a reasonably priced place to stay during my trip to San Francisco. I'd never heard of Hotel Fusion, but it had good reviews and is superbly located just a block north of the Powell transit center. In the process of booking, I discovered they even offered a AAA discount--unusual for big city properties. (They DO ask for the actual AAA card at checkin, so keep that in mind.) This made my overall rate less than $100/day. I chose the room with two twin beds, because it seemed to me that the ones with one double or one twin were very small, and for little if any more money, the twin-bedded room offered more space. I was correct. I could peek into rooms being cleaned and tell they were smaller than mine.

I believe that your experience here will largely be based on what room you're in. The twin room I had, 520, was on the top floor at the corner, and even jutted out from the side of the building, so I almost had no neighbors. It was very quiet, and I had no problem with noise from the nightclub below. I imagine all the "20" rooms are twins like mine. There was plenty of room for one person in my opinion (or even two), and a roomy enough wardrobe with two drawers for my stuff. All I missed was a desk of some kind, but I used the second bed instead (as I'd planned). The bathroom was cute and functional and had a shower only. Minibar in room includes usual expensive stuff. Decor was simple, but everything was clean and tasteful. I felt very comfortable, but I can imagine a tiny room over the nightclub would be miserable, and I don't think there's any way to guarantee you wouldn't receive one like that. When you check in, there's a bell desk at the entrance. No one is ever there. Proceed down the hall to the main desk. Some of the front desk clerks were a little clueless (I asked if there were any more newspapers, she said, "No," but I found a stack in the front entrance hallway--did she not even know they were there?), but staff was generally warm and polite. The tiny gym had a couple of cardio machines and some dumbells, enough for a simple workout. Nobody else was there the day I went. The breakfast was very simple--pastries and other carbs, plus coffee and juice, and oranges and apples. It's on the fifth floor, so very convenient for me in the morning. Also very crowded, as many people were loading up trays with breakfasts for several people and taking them back. Checkout was pretty easy, and bill was accurate.

The area is the heart of the tourist downtown, so lots of restaurants and stuff. I recommend heading for the food court in the Westfield Mall across Market--lots of options there.

All in all, I like it and I'd stay there again, if I couldn't find a better deal.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor to get away from nightclub noise. Twin bedded rooms may be larger.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank readymade
Reviewed 18 March 2014

If you are into shopping, you are right at the doorstep of Union square. We were happy with this location also because of it's proximity to public transportation. Take the F bus at Market cor 4th Street to go to the wharf or ride the Cable cars. The cable car turn-around is just a block from the hotel. The Hop-on-Hop-off buses stop at Union square park which is just a couple blocks from the hotel. We got a Deluxe room. Size is good enough for two persons. We had 4 big luggages and we could still move around. Security is ok. You'd need your keycard to punch in your floor on the elevator. But I would have felt more secure if the room doors had extra chain lock instead of just the one door knob/lock. Thin floors/walls. We could hear the people above us walking. Breakfast provided is ok. Consists of pastries/toasts/bagel , oatmeal, coffee, juices. Good enough to get you by until lunch time.

Room Tip: We could still slightly hear the club downstairs and the general noises of the street from 4th floor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear CCBGyp,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel's close proximity to public transportation and shopping. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for the positive review. We hope to welcome you back next time you decide to enjoy beautiful San Francisco.

Best Regards,