“Excellent Location”
Review of Hotel Fusion

Ranked #122 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights and the location is excellent, close to Union Square, trams, BART and shopping. We did not receive the most friendliest of welcomes, but were able to stow our luggage until we were able to check in a 3pm, which we ended up waiting for 45 minutes for our room. Which was one of the smallest rooms I have stayed in, the bed base stuck out alot further than the mattress and resulted in many bruises. Our room was on the inside of the building and away from the night club so no worries there but it did get very warm, overall, it was clean and tidy, the water pressure was great in the shower, there was a bar fridge and free breakfast every morning and a great location, we would stay again.

Room Tip: Try and stay away from the nightclub
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Claudia W,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Fusion. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and location and are sorry to hear that you didn't get a very warm welcome. We will use your comments to better our services in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Fusion

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very old fashioned with this tiniest room I have ever stayed in.
The rooms got so warm as they were so small and the air con was extremely loud.
Ye rooms just didn't feel clean! :-(
While the location is good I would not stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CMMN,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Fusion. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your room. We try to keep our rooms as tidy and efficient as possible and are sad to hear your room felt hot and unclean. We will use your feedback to better our services and facilities in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Just spent two nights here. Not what I would call a boutique motel; more of an old apartment building converted into motel rooms. We stayed on the second floor, just across from the hotel elevator. Not too much hallway noise, but the night club downstairs was brutal. Music, people screaming on the streets. It was a rough sleep and made for an exhausting work day.

The room itself was clean, but obviously very old. The bathroom was very tiny, but clean. The worst part of the room was the bed. It was a noisy platform bed and the mattress was very, very hard and uncomfortable.

The location of the hotel can't be beat; very close to everything in Union Square. However, I would not stay here again. The bed and street noise was just too much to deal with.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear doormold,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Fusion. We are very sorry to hear the night club noise caused you to have a negative experience. We will use your comments to better inform our customers in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

For the cost this hotel was what we expected. While a little worn around the edges, the staff were all friendly and helpful, and the room had all the facilities advertised. A complimentary continental breakfast was a pleasant surprise.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Campbell R

Dear Campbell R,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of Hotel Fusion. Thank you for our kind words, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the continental breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is in a great central location for San Francisco (at the bottom of the hills- always helpful) and transport links (it's a couple of minutes walk from Powell St. BART, which itself links directly to SFO).
I asked for a quiet room, which it was, except for the air conditioner which I had to use through the night. The room was clean and well presented, though it doesn't fit my definition of boutique. I had a couple of issues with the room safe and with the shower- instructions weren't very clear. Having said that, reception were quick to send someone up.
Complimentary breakfast was fine. Although basic it was enough to give me a kick start before heading off for proper food. I was pleased to see some oatmeal offered, but I would have liked a plain option rather than the very sugary options.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room- higher up at the back- but take ear plugs for the AC.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kay549,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Hotel Fusion. We are happy you enjoyed your stay, but sorry to hear the AC noise kept you awake. We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The Hotel was in the perfect location for shopping, sightseeing and dining out. I was on my own and thoroughly enjoyed my stay in San Francisco. The Transport is second to none. Cable cars, trams, buses, underground, metro, cabs, all frequent. The room was small but adequate for one and for the price. There was coffee and tea facilities in the room, which I appreciated. The cleaners were polite and unobtrusive and the room was cleaned every day.

Room Tip: Don't expect 5* accommodation. It's clean, in a great location and comfortable. I would use...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear EVT70,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Hotel Fusion. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. San Francisco is such a great city to visit so we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the fusion hotel last week. I was alone on a 3 day's vacation -wensday to Saturday .arriving the hotel from the airport was very easy using the BART train to Powell st.the hotel is located in a perfect place in the middle of san francisco. I chose to be without a car so the location was very important to me-Close to all the transportation lines and far enough from the tenderloin bad era. (Du I'm sure that you can't miss the "not normal" people nearby but in a lower density to other areas).

The guy in the front desk was very nice and informative (Michel) he also gave me(all visitors get) a free pass for all the staying and two drinks 'on the house' in the night club that located close to the hotel (fusion lounge).very nice club.

The room:

I was located in the fourth floor (430) and it's a little small but in the right size for one person, for two it is small. The bed is to soft (I had the quin size). there is mini bar full of drinks and snacks and in very fair price. Coffee maker, safe, air conditioning, heater and even fan with light above the bed.free wifi in a very good quality. The bathroom is nice and clean. No view from the windows (three) all you can see is the wall of the next building. No vent in the bathroom. Generally nice clean room.

Don't count on breakfast because you'll be disappointed. It's not really a breakfast its bagels with butter and coffee/orange on the fifth floor (in a converted room...) You supposed to take the food to your room. I didn't only once...suggest that you will eat in the restaurants near by. ( see the breakfast as a free bonus).

The service is great. From the front desk to the cleaning ladys. Towels are replaced every day. thay ask few times if you need anything.
I had an early flight on steurday (no early BART transportation)the hotel as a shuttle service so I returned to the airport conveniently, safely and fairly (15$ ticket price).

Very nice hotel. Reasonable prices I stayed at the fusion hotel last week. I was alone for 3 day's vacation wensday to Saturday .arriving the hotel from the airport was very easy using the BART train to Powell st.the hotel is located in a perfect place in the middle of san francisco. I chose to be without a car so the location was very important to me-Close to all the transportation lines and far enough from the tenderloin bad era. (Du I'm sure that you can't miss the "not normal" people but in lower density to other areas).

The room:

Don't count on the breakfast because you'll be disappointed. It's not really a breakfast its bagels with butter and coffee/orange on the fifth floor (in a converted room...) You supposed to take the food to your room. I didn't only once...suggest that you will eat in the restaurants near by.

Very nice hotel. Reasonable prices (150-200$ per night). Best location. Feeling safety. I will definitely consider staying at the hotel again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank ofirtal

Dear ofirtal,

Thank you for your thorough review of Hotel Fusion. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you to our hotel again soon.