“Charged for Snack Bar”

Ranked #130 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Arlington, Virginia
“Charged for Snack Bar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I decided to stay here despite some of the negative reviews. When I got home I noticed there was a $14 charge on my account. I contacted the hotel and they stated that I had taken items from the snack bar. I am a frequent traveler and always steer clear of the snack bar and when asked if I had taken anything when I left I said no, because I had not, why would I? There literally was a mini market on the next corner that sold snacks for half the price. In all of my travels this has never happened. The guy on the phone was nice, but not very helpful, he said this happens all the time, they trust their cleaning staff, and then suggested I contact my bank to dispute the amount. I feel bad cause I was kind of rude to him, but it is a frustration situation.

Aside from that incident, the hotel itself is nothing to write home about. It looks nicer in the pictures, our bed was not very comfortable and bathroom was not the cleanest. You get what you pay for. Its San Francisco, if you can cough up a little more look for a nicer hotel downtown or stay right in the outskirts. If you do stay here make sure you take a picture of the snack bar before you leave.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ale Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was suppose to fly to Taipei but the flight was canceled and I found myself with a place to stay fort the evening. Having no real idea of the options available I called my agent and just asked to find a hotel need BART. She pulled up Hotel Fusion, the rate was OK and I was on my way.

I was glad to see that the hotel really was close to BART (Powell Street). I only had carry-on luggage but I really did not want to lug it too far. In one block I was at the Hotel and greeted by a very efficient desk clerk who had me in my room in no time.

The room was small but I expected that. Internet worked fine so I could re-arange all the things needed due to my flight cancellation.

The next day, checkout was fast and I was on my way to the airport in plenty of time.

If I am ever stranded again in SFO I'll remember to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank seeyouinthesun
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear seeyouinthesun,

We are happy to hear Hotel Fusion helped you out when you were stranded and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we hope to welcome you again soon.

Warmest Regards,

Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel is in the union square area and really close to the Powell Street Station. The front desk clerks were always extra polite. We checked-in early. There was always hot coffee in the lobby every time we checked. The hallways are well cared for. The room overall was OK, but one side of the bed was extremely close to the wall and difficult to get into/out of. The wireless internet was fast enough to watch Netflix. We took advantage of the coffee, bagels, fruit, pastries, etc available in the morning in the small breakfast room. The in-window air conditioner wasn't quiet, but wasn't annoying. We would stay there again.

ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear silly3000,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Fusion. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and our central location. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Fusion Hotel is in na amazing location. Just two blocks from Union Square and Powel Station of Bart. Just one block from the main cable car station. There is a huge variety of stores and restaurants around it. its a good value!

Room Tip: The rooms faced to the interior of the building are better, because avoid the noise coming from the...
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Fernando L,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Fusion. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again soon!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We could not have picked a better located hotel in San Francisco. This hotel was less than a five minute walk from Powell Street Station. This is easy to get to on the Metro upon arrival at SF airport. It is also on the next street from the Cable Car which took us direct to Fisherman's Wharf. It was also pretty close to the bus which takes you to the Golden Gate Bridge (Number 10) and on into Sausalito. Although the rooms were small the comfort, cleanliness, Free WiFi and complimentary breakfast more than made up for this. A very small and basic gym was also a welcome bonus with free bottles of water and towels. It was also right beside Nordstrom's and we found it to be a little gem of a place all round. Yes the décor is a little dated and staff were not overly friendly. We also noticed that the Concierge was not on site very often which made it a little inconvenient when we wanted to ask questions as we then had to go to the reception desk. All in all a good stay and very handy to all rental car locations if you are heading on somewhere else from San Fran.

Room Tip: Ask for their superior rooms if available. Although it is likely to cost a little more. Try and ge...
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Donall74,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Fusion. We are happy you enjoyed our location and amenities. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you again.

New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Valet only...takes a while to get your car....all waiting persons rooms were "magically" ready at 3:00 and not a moment before. Room was tiny, with a mini ironing board and absolutely no place in bathroom for toiletries, which is annoying, especially since the bathroom itself was large. Complimentary breakfast was good, and the price was cheap, so can't really complain.

• Stayed May 2014
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear kristilyn1,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Fusion. We appreciate your feedback and are happy you enjoyed our location and value.