“Cheap and with good location.”
Review of Hotel Fusion

Ranked #125 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Sao Paulo, SP
“Cheap and with good location.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

It is definitely a good location, close to Union Square and the many dance clubs and restaurants around. The room is small, with old furniture and smelly carpet. The breakfast is in a small room with no sits... You grab your coffee and donuts and eat at your room.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the inner side of the building are VERY claustrophobic. The rooms facing the street...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Filipe M,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion for your recent visit to San Francisco. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Hotel Fusion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
east Midlands, UK
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a really good stay at this hotel, spent 4 nights there, easy to reach by BART from airport, well located in Union Square close to the action. hotel was clean, yes rooms are small but nice decor. breakfast was a bonus and although you collect it from a room and take it back to your room you can have as much as you want and it's all fresh and tasty, we really set ourselves up for the day on it! Would definitely recommend for a budget stay. Tip - walk up to the chancellor hotel and buy a travel pass for three days or one day and you can jump on and off the buses and cable cars as much as you like - think it was about 15 dollars for the three day one, well worth it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lyonsmaid
Dear lyonsmaid,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Fusion. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, amenities and facility. We appreciate your feedback and tip about getting the travel passes!

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I will always choose another hotel in the city. We came for 3-nights stay with a family and a family of our friends. The first surprise was valet parking for 37 dollars, when there was nobody at the desk at least 15 minutes to hand the keys. Very bad, taking into account very strict local regulations re.parking. The room was dark and tiny, the noise of air conditioner makes sleep hardly possible. And the beds had sharp protruding wooden edges, that is not reasonable within such a space and pretty painful. Just for 300 usd per night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear AnnaRybchinskaya,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, but appreciate your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The rooms may be on the small side but they are very clean and the hotels central location is ideal. Not all rooms have aircon (ours did) and the breakfast is of a continental nature which you have to take back to your room to eat as there's no seating area on site. However, the price is currently very good considering the excellent location but, as they're in the process of refurbishing and expanding the lobby area to provide more guest services, my guess is that prices will go up in the future.

The front desk staff were all extremely helpful and friendly which made our stay even more enjoyable. If I ever return to San Francisco, I'd certainly consider staying here again but I think it will probably be out of my price range by then.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear BaggieMark1964,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion for your recent trip to San Francisco. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, we are in the process of upgrading our facilities, but value is still important to us, so don't hesitate to come back when you can! Call us direct for the best prices.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here on a solo vacation in SF. This hotel was perfect for me - room was definitely tiny (bathroom was large though- I think it was bigger than the sleeping area), but all I needed was a clean place to crash after exploring. Got lucky and my room was ready for early check in (around noon). Staff at front desk was friendly and accommodating. The concierge was very helpful in helping me figure out the easiest way to see all the sights in my 1.5 day stay.

Like I said, room was small, but I don't think many people go to downtown SF to hang in their room all day (I certainly wasn't). Everything was clean, they even provided a robe, and bonus of a minifridge (it had stuff inside for purchase but had enough room for me to store my own drinks). In-window a/c unit wasn't ideal (had to turn up the TV to hear it), BUT once ready for bed, in a way, the noise of the AC provided a nice white noise effect to drown out any hallway noise or street noise and I got a goodnights sleep. I did hear loud vacuuming in the hallway in the AM (before 9AM), but I was already up. Had I been trying to sleep in, this might have been annoying. As previously mentioned, bathroom was good sized, and the walk in shower was a nice bonus.

Free wifi was a plus (worked fine for emailing and even uploading some photos), and I was able to store my stuff at the front desk at checkout (flew out on a red eye). Perfect location for me to come back, grab my bags, and catch the BART to SFO just a few blocks away. As a single female, the area felt completely safe for me to do this after dark.

The hotel is also in close proximity to Union Square, where any of the tourist double deckers take you on tours of the city, as well as public transport. Quite convenient!

Room Tip: If you feel like you need space, you may want to talk to staff about possible upgrades to larger roo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank TOzzy21
Dear TOzzy21,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Fusion. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location, staff and had a nice stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you again soon!

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on a trip to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Location of hotel good. Room however, extremely basic, very small for two people (could not walk down the side of the bed!!!!) and to top it off no air conditioning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Linda070311,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location, but are sorry to hear you weren't happy with your accommodations. We appreciate your feedback and hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for five nights in this hotel. It is central and only a two minute walk to the muni underground. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The room was always clean I had had a double aspect of a brick wall but hey your in central sfo. I would definitely stay again but if Wi fi is important to you check the signal. I could email but not FaceTime or Skype.

Stayed July 2014
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Jstew32211,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Fusion. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, clean room, and friendly staff. Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion, we hope to welcome you again soon!