Hotel Fusion
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$305
US$215
  • Room Service
US$589
US$222
  • Pool
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$240
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$144
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$214
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$279
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$247
InterContinental
  • Room Service
US$405
US$352
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$183
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$331
US$267
Hotels.com
  • Pool
1,323 results
All reviewsunion squaregreat locationellis streetcable carcontinental breakfastsingle roomrooms are smallfifth floorbart stationpowell stmarket streetpriced hoteltwo blockswestfield mallstreet noisemini barcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2010

I enjoyed my stay there. The room was decent and clean, the bathroom good sized and it was a great location. The only thing I didn't like was that it was sooo hot in my room even with the window open all night and the fan on full blast I woke up to sweaty sheets every morning.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank HandsumMuscle
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I was impressed with this place. It was very clean and nice, you could tell they upgraded only a few years ago. It is a quaint boutique hotel. It is only a block from the cable car lines and a block away from the powell street bart station. Very convenient as it is in the center of the union square area. Although check in is usually 3 pm I arrived at 10:30 am and was placed in a room on the top floor, the 5th floor and stayed there for 4 week nights. I faced powell street so with my window open I could hear the clang clang of the cable cars all day and evening. I didn't use the air conditioning/heating system but my room was always comfortable between 68 and 70 degrees with the windows closed even though it was in the high 40's and 50's outside most of the time.

As with most older buildings in san francisco, the rooms are freakishly small but for a single traveller it didn't bother me (it was probably less than a 10' x 10' or so area not including the bathroom). there was a nice closet that also had a fan in case you needed it. Since I was there in february I definitely didn't use it. The room was done in a sort of deco style design, they even had one of those faux bamboo plants on the desk. The room also had a coffemaker with different packets of coffee and tea (recommendation, they should also have packets of hot chocolate during the winter to warm us up). The tv was a wall mounted flat screen with the general channels. In the afternoon/evening, they came in to turn down my covers and also left a couple of andes mints on my pillow. The beds were small but comfortable. I usually lift up the sheets to check and found no bedbugs or remnants, always a good sign.

The bathrooms were also smallish but large enough to hold a corner shower, toilet and a sink. Unfortunately there wasn't anyplace close to the sink to place your toiletries kit so I kept it on the table with the coffee maker. The bathroom also had a hair dryer and they provided me with soap, shampoo and conditioner and lotion. The shampoo and conditioner seemed of the better quality, I usually bring my own soaps and shampoos but I used the ones they provided.

They had small tv's by the elevators with the news channel on so you could watch tv while waiting to catch the elevator. For breakfast the continental breakfast was perfect, bagels, bread along with coffee, hot chocolate, milk and orange and cranberry juice. They also provided cream cheese along with butter and jams and had 2 - 4 slice toasters. I never noticed many people there, at most there were 2 other people getting breakfast. There is a note that there will be an upgraded breakfast area but it was scheduled for completion in 2009 so guess they were a little slow in constructing the new breakfast area. I didn't hear any noise from the club downstairs, the clerk said that the 5th floor was high enough to not hear the music and I was situated away from ellis street but could hear some street noise more than the night club noise. I didn't hear much from my next door neighbors, maybe the door slamming but I couldn't hear conversation or their TV. There is also a workout room which consisted of a weight tree, a bicycle and a a treadmill. You needed to use your room key to get into the room. I never saw anyone using it though and I didn't use it either.

There was a chinese restaurant in the building, a japanese restaurant across the street and various other restaurants (thai, indian, etc.) in the area in addition to jack in the box around the corner and burger king a few steps away. there was a walgreens around the corner on powell street for water and other necessities.

I had an awesome deal, through the hotels dot com site I got the room for $46 a night for 4 nights and that's including all taxes and fees. Don't think there was a better deal in all of the heart of san fran (and I kept looking too), most started at that price and you then had to add on the taxes and fees.

As I said before, the fusion is a quaint boutique hotel, if you are looking for a huge hotel room with superb amenities, try the 4 and 5 star hotels, but then you will be paying for it and will probably be close to $100 or more with taxes and fees added on. Most 2 and 3 star hotels in san francisco are smallish, especially the older buildings so you will need to get adjusted to the smaller sized rooms.

Anyway, I had a great stay there and the price was awesome. at those prices I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank hawaiitravellerinsf
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I stayed in this hotel 1 night during a business trip to SF. Where do I begin... The positives-it is conveniently located...but so are many other hotels in the area and the Hiton 1 block away (which I moved to on night 2) had a better rate! Here were the problems- The rooms are TINY. Laying on a twin size bed and stretching out your arms can probably hit both walls! If you have a suitcase and briefcase with you, ask for a suite! On to the suite, a little more room but STILL a twin sized bed, pushed in the corner to have a little more space. If the room was 10 by 10, it'd be a miracle. Lumpy, hard beds, 1 pillow and a felt type blanket...no down comforter/duvet here. There is NO AIR CONDITIONING in this hotel! San Francisco is cool and you may not need one, but the rooms and hotel in general smells musty and stale. If you open the window chances are you will be hearing EVERYTHING going on in your neighbor's room, especially if they are sitting on the window edge(no screens) drinking. The windows are so close they could have climbed in my window without a problem. When I asked to switch rooms because it was impossible to sleep, the front desk manager refused to bring me the new room key but told me to pack up and come down to the lobby to pick up the new key....just what you want to do in the middle of the night. He put me "in the back courtyard" area which was a little quieter, especially with the fan on that I found in the closet. Valet parking? yes, but expect to pay a premium and grab a coffee (from somewhere other than the hotel) while you wait for 30-40 minutes! If you've never stayed in a hotel or are used to staying in hostles while traveling, you may not care about these "issues" I've described. But do yourself a favor and look at prices in other hotels before you book. They've got a lot of nerve charging what they do and trying to come off as a trendy, "hip" hotel because they stock Rusk shampoo in the bathroom. Try a charge by the hour motel...you'll get the same experience!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank SMhudson
Reviewed 31 January 2010

I stayed at Hotel Fusion for one night with a friend. We were impressed with the cleanliness and helpful staff! We arrived 2 hours before check in, and they were happy to give us our room early because it was ready. The location was great for going out on a Saturday night. It is only 2 blocks from BART, and also extremely easy to catch a cab. The continental breakfast was just that... bagels, muffins, and coffee. Valet parking was $25, something I could not find advertised on their website.

The only downside was the size of the room. For just one night, and not spending a great deal of time in the room, we were not bothered by the size. But, if you are looking for a room with more than 2 feet between the bed and any wall, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2010

My wife and I stayed here for three nights starting on a Saturday night. We were very busy enjoying all that San Francisco has to offer, but we found the hotel fusion a perfect place to act as a home base to see the city. The staff was very friendly and helpful providing good advice on getting around and restaurant recommendations. The location is very good, just a short walk to several good restaurants, the trolley cars and metro system, even china town was close by. Our room was upgraded to a junior suite so it was very roomy for the two of us, a standard room may have been a little tight but still would have done the job. The bed was comfortable and there was a desk and couch that were good. Noise was not a problem, even on Saturday night.
I was a little nervous that the room did not have air conditioning but found out why it's not needed, there was a evaporation cooling system in the room but we never turned it on. This trip was during a California hot spell, later on when we were driving to Sacramento it hit 112 degrees, but san francisco was still very comfortable.
The continental breakfast wasn't very good and crowded, but was enough to hold me over until we got up and off for the day.The coffee was good and I really liked having cucumber or kiwi water during the day when we returned to the hotel.
Overall we found the hotel provided a great experience and was very reasonably priced especially when you can get a multi night discount.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple