This hotel is highly rated for a reason. It is a really good choice, especially if you are traveling with family.
At stated by others, the outside doesn't really call to you, but inside is what counts. The rooms are very clean with comfortable furniture and great layout.
The 1 bedroom suite had a bedroom bordering the inner courtyard so it was super quiet and private. The living room with sleeper sofa was extremely spacious, with floor to ceiling windows along the entire wall (plus good drapes for nighttime).
The kitchen was a nice space next to living room.
The bathroom was clean and workable though not large. There was an extra closet outside the bedroom for those using the sleeper sofa. The sofa was huge.
The balcony was nice. We were on the lowest floor, just above street level. Usually I like to be high and the view would be better high, but we found it fun to stand out there and people watch. The duck boats were funny when they would go by, and the streetcars were interesting.
Keep in mind this is not a 5-star so don't let the great reviews set you up for an expectation of fanciness. But everything was comfortable, clean, working, well-laid-out, and spacious.
Also the location is fantastic. There is a trolley stop in front of the lobby but one block away is the turnstile where the trolley actually starts, which is a better place to get the best seat.
They had a parking garage of their own under the building so the parking rates, though seemingly high, were less that half of everything else we have seen in the area. Plus they let us leave our car until 2PM after we checked out.
They are 2 blocks from Fisherman's Wharf shops and entertainment. Great views, even from lower floors. Nice deck on roof.
Staff is super friendly.
This will be my first choice for this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 24 spacious suites, The Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf is the perfect choice for discriminating travelers who want to leave their heart in the heart of San Francisco. The spacious suites offer you comfortable one or two-bedroom floor plans, each tastefully appointed with the furnishings you’d expect from a sophisticated San Francisco hotel. The intimate ambiance of the property is evident in features like the fountain in the lobby, and the private balconies and patios available in selected suites. Located next to the Hyde Street Cable Car stop, you’re just a short stroll from the sensory pleasures of Fisheerman’s Wharf, or the turn of the century ambiance of The Cannery, Pier 39, or the undersea secrets of the Aquarium of the Bay. This lyrical city by the bay will take you wherever your imagination allows, and The Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco resort is the perfect place to begin your journey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, LoveHolidays, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Suites at Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites At Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel At Fishermans Wharf
- At Fishermans Wharf Hotel
- Suites Fishermans Wharf