“Get the special.”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Or, on our second trip, we couldnt remember what the special was called, and got the meatballs, which was still delicious.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have no idea how they came up with their name, but I got a hell of a sandwich from this Vietnamese deli-counter type joint. You can access through a non-descript interior mall type entrance off Market or around back off 16th where they have a couple outdoor tables and a window onto 16th. They have several sandwich options and I got the special with was roast pork along with some sort of pork pate, among other things - it was silky and delicious. The bread was very good - crisp exterior shell and soft interior, plus some good veggies inside. A delicious start to my visit.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Go-to place for banh mi near Dolores Park. Beer and wine available too, the last time I checked. Friendly service, open late.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This Pacifica storefront is located in a sparsely populated strip mall but don't let that fact turn you off. The Banh Mi Vietnamese sandwiches are terrific. Today was our second visit and we are already planning to return to try something other than The Special that we ordered on our first visit and today's Shaking Beef. The sandwiches include pickled carrot and daikon, cucumber, cilantro, jalapeno and mayo on a toasted french baguette in perfect proportions. Mango Mint is a drink made with green tea, mango puree, coconut milk and fresh mint leaves was refreshing on a hot day. The Watermelon Litchi is fresh watermelon juice and litchi jelly which we liked as well. The prices for the food are very reasonable. The drinks are not expensive for what you get but they do run up the tab easily. We haven't had the appetite to include salads and spring rolls which are also on the menu but are looking forward to trying them as well.
A word of caution: If you sit outside make sure you dress in layers as it can get chilly. Also do not sit downwind of the garbage cans.
We seldom go up to SF anymore and am very happy to have found this outlet through a Groupon offer.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Heard about this new place (new to me, they have outlets in SF) that serves Banh Mi vietnamese sandwiches. Just tried it with my son. Yummy! Good quality bread and fixings; friendly staff; clean surrounding but sparse. I was pleased how good this was and plan to return. I'm partial since I live in this town, but appreciate this place all the more for it.