“Best Indian restaurant in San Francisco”
Review of Curry Village - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Curry Village
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I have almost tried all Indian restaurants in and around San Francisco but this stands out as one of the best Indian restaurants in San Francisco that serves lot of varieties, almost 25 dishes for buffet, and tasty Indian food. Worth for the money.

There are newer reviews for Curry Village
Reviewed 10 July 2012

i was there with my husband and my 4 year old and the Indian/pakistani lady there traeted us very badly because we were not white skinned. she told us in hindi (we are also indians ) that unless we were intending to spend a lot of money there we should leave. we were served water which she took away very angrily and when we asked the reason for bad treatment she started yelling at us in front of everyone. She did not even take our order. the lady was not even considerate of the fact that i was with a small child and she should not have raised her volume on us. Specially since we had not done anything wrong. it was shocking to get traeted this way. This is not why a person goes to a restaurent. The chef came from inside and appologised to us but still the ladys bad behaviour was not acceptable. Specially in a city like SanFrancisco to be treated badly for my skin color ????????? what does it take to respect another human being? should I have shown her my bank balance to get respect ????? i strongly discourage this restaurant where you have to be either white or very rich to get respect.

2  Thank Shibani G
Reviewed 2 February 2012

You will be so glad if you happen upon this restaurarant at lunch time. We just happened upon it as we were hungry and going past on the street car. This was simply over the top, BEST INDIAN BUFFET EVER! Pappadoms, appetizers, drinks, the tastiest main dishes, hot naan served to your table, drinks included (including yummy mango smoothie). Wow. $10. Wow. You will be so glad you went!