“I'd move to San Fran just for this Record Store”
Review of Amoeba Music

Amoeba Music
Ranked #9 of 292 Shopping in San Francisco
New Jersey
263 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“I'd move to San Fran just for this Record Store”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I'd been to the Hollywood location and felt on my recent visit to San Francisco I'd check out this one. I wish I hadn't. Not because it's bad but I had to stop myself after only going through the S and T used CD clearance sections. If I didn't, I would've walked out with 100 CDs easily. Unlike a lot of other record stores (or should I say, the ones left) the used section isn't chock full of only titles you've never heard of but tons of albums by main stream artists as well. You want to pick up the I.R.S. R.E.M. albums? Good chance you'll find them. Looking for some Dylan? They're there. Such an awesome selection. Like I said, I had to stop myself. I was traveling and didn't want to be buying things to take home. It was hard. The prices can't be beat. Clearance CDs for $1 or $2 plus Buy, I think, four get the fifth free. Just the best. I wish Amoeba had moved into the spot vacated by Virgin in Times Square when they had the chance. That would've made my day, week, year.

• Korean first
Milan, Italy
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“amazing choice, great prices, top quality”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

What can I say more? GO, and shop!!! This place is like heaven for the vinyl enthusiast!
Any music genres and a lot of space to move.
Furthermore, the filing of records is really accurate and shopping is a pleasure.

1 Thank Tig68
London, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Wow - amazing range of everything!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

A vast array of CDs, videos, LP's and even cassette tapes of anything you can imagine and had forgotten. We came away with an Elton John, Elvis Costello, Donna Summer and 2 Erasure CDs along with a Barbra Stresiand dvd and 'Who's killing all the chefs of Europe' with Robert Morley. Fascinating and a great places to reminisce of music and films gone by the wayside. Worth a visit to get hold of that long lost piece of your youth or a favourite old tune. They even stock 78's!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Big, but not amazing.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

It is big with a vast selection of music but not as cheap as other places closer to union square. Parking is ok a few streets away, just limited to 2 hours. Has all genres set out fairly well. Good place to spend a couple of hours.

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Such a great throw back place. Its huge! We stayed in here for an hour or more! Our teenagers liked it too! Not sure they had ever seen a turntable and records before! It was a blast looking up all the old albums i had growing up....it was very organized and they even had soundtrack albums from old movies! I also enjoyed looking at old concert posters for sale! Pretty cool! Go if you are into music....plan to stay a while. Prices were fair too!