“Good but not anything special”

Flying Ninja Sushi and Bar
Ranked #951 of 5,826 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We went there for a light supper and that is exactly what we got with edamame beans, a sashimi and sushi combo and miso soup - it was authentic but not fabulous.

Service was good but closing at 9 pm is a bit of a shame as we were hurried out.

If you want bog standard Japanese at a reasonable price in a notoriously pricey area - this fits the bill.

1  Thank Guillods

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This was a nice change of pace. We went here to grab sushi but ended up getting ramen. Was a little chilly out so the warm ramen was just what we needed.

1  Thank tripsrfun07
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I guess Flying Ninja is the English translation of expensive and poorly made Japanese food. I had the seafood ramen and was disappointed at the two prawns I got and the poor quality noodles. Not everything was bad. The service was friendly, efficient. Unfortunately the whole thing was let down by the poor food.

Avoid.

1  Thank PerthFrequent_Flyer
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Good food, nice people, clean place. You can sit inside, outside or at the bar. In addition to the Japanese food, they serve a series of Sake and Green Teas.

1  Thank Max L
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Flying Ninja is located right off Jefferson Street on Fisherman's Wharf. I gave up on trying to eat rice to keep my hair black, now I stick to sashimi. I had the octopus and the salmon and the chef threw in salmon roe for free. The sashimi was fresh as one would expect at Fisherman's Wharf. The bill was $53 with appropriate gratuity. Not a cheap restaurant but after countless Dungeness crabs and clam chowders, this was a welcome change.