US$449
US$287
Official Site
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$358/night.

InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$276
  • Room Service
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$329
US$261
  • Room Service
Chancellor Hotel on Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$383
US$240
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$312/night.

Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$207
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$288/night.

US$358
US$325
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$301
US$272
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$478
US$416
  • Restaurant
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$261
US$227
US$417
US$323
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommon roompb jquiet hoursflights of stairsbunk bedsother gueststhe financial districtlaundry servicefelt like homeawesome staydorm roomfourth floorno elevatorenjoyed my stayhome away from homeamazing locationbart station
Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

I've rated this hostel on HostelWorld but felt the need to rate it on here for those not using the website because I found it so good. The hostel is small which means you get to speak to people easily. Although I didn't get involved as I had other plans, there were lots of things organised for group outings which was good for single travellers. The showers and bathroom area were very clean, as were the dorms. The lockers underneath the beds were the best I've come across and allowed me to fit my large backpack in. Kitchen was well equipped and there were computers to use and free wifi. One small downside, it's about three flights of stairs up. However the staff did come down to meet me at the bottom when checking in and offered to help with bags. The staff were great - very friendly and informative. Great location too. Would definitely recommend and would stay again in the future!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Hyly20
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This hostel is in a great spot in the vicinity of China town and the financial district, so huge range of local restaurants and prices! Loved the personal care from Pacific Tradewinds, great staff, and a fun place to be, thanks guys....and breakfast included!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Melissa K
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I loved this hostel in more ways then I could describe . The staff were extremely friendly, helping me carry my bags, and after a few days we were all great friends. The price is so great for everything you get. A small place but perfect for any person traveling, you really become friends with everyone here. I loved the sense of community you feel within the hostel. Meeting the owner and the family was great, you really could tell they loved doing what they did. I would tell everyone to stay here, once you leave, you just want to go back. I have stayed at numerous hostels around the world, and can honestly say this was the best one by far! I will never forget the memories I had here!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, great for meeting people!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Melissa L
Reviewed 25 April 2012

As soon as you arrive at pacific tradewinds you become part of the family. I know that sounds a bit lame but it's true. The staff, mostly travellers themselves, greet you by name during your stay and make sure you feel welcome. They encourage you to socialise upstairs in the common room but unlike most hostels, there isn't a heavy emphasis on drinking alcohol and partying, its all about getting to know the other guests and having a chat. The facilities are good too. The dorms were nice - steel blue beds that don't shake, hot showers, a well stocked kitchen...etc. The hostel is in a great location as well, it's close to market street where you can catch all sorts of public transport, its a 20 min walk to the ferry building (and then you can walk down to fishermans wharf) and union square and chinatown are also extremely close. A good hostel made really great by the fantastic staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Bucky219
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I love the place. it is a small hostel with 36 (?) beds. people who work there are incredible and I still have contact with them. looking forward to going back there. it's free wi-fi, linen, breakfast, towels, and about 1 time a week they arranged a dinner party for all who live there for only 5 $. (thanks for the barbeque on the roof)
It takes about 30 minutes from SF International airport. location is good, and it is very easy to get around the city on foot from the hostel.

without doubt the best hostel I've stayed at, and that´s for only $ 26 per night!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo