US$466
US$287
Official Site
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$343/night.

Beck's Motor Lodge(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$261
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$293/night.

InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$255
  • Room Service
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$341
US$324
  • Room Service
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$294
US$259
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$255
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$324
US$295
US$336
US$314
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$413
US$290
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$350/night.

Chancellor Hotel on Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$401
US$379
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommon roompb jquiet hoursflights of stairsbunk bedsother gueststhe financial districtlaundry servicefelt like homeawesome staydorm roomfourth floorno elevatorenjoyed my stayhome away from homeamazing locationbart station
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I really enjoyed staying at Pacific Tradewinds Hostel. It was close to the financial district, public transportation, Chinatown and walking distance to so many main attractions in the area. Plus it is clean, and the staff are courteous, flexible and patient. They also make sure that it doesnt get too loud in the common area past a certain time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Keeksy
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Firstly I love that this is the first hostel that I can actually get a nights sleep in! Everyone is so laid back and awesome to hang out with, friends are made very easily here! Beds are comfy as, and the are attached to the wall too so when the person above moves you dont feel a thing! hostel is always clean, its in a great location and the staff are the best, never a thing they cant help out with! i would definatly love to go back there, i could easily live there! Thanks Pacific Tradewinds for the best time ever, i think ive made some friends for life! :D

Room Tip: Keep your eyes peeled for the hostels building number 680 this is how you will find them! There are no bad rooms in this place, theyre all spot on!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kadyandbex
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Best staff ever, great people, clean, well located, fantastic price.... everything was perfect, but without any kind of doubt the staff.

I recommend it totally.

I was in SF for 4 months living with a family in a house.
The days i stayed in Pacific where the only ones i really felt like home.

thanks guys

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Rspain_13
Reviewed 8 May 2013

They accept bitcoin!
I stayed here because I could pay in bitcoin, but it turns out the place is in a great location, the staff are super friendly, and the beds are great for a hostel.
I arrived in the middle of a small celebration for a national holiday, and they offered me a beer as I walked in and joined the conversation!
There were enough showers, I wasn't waiting ages to shower in the morning.
I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ManuEvans
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I stayed at Pacific Tradewinds Hostel for 4 nights in late January, 2013, and was happily impressed with the quality of the hostel. Only 16 beds, which keeps things quiet and personal, and there was always an employee or 2 or 3 hanging around if I needed any help. 2 free computers with internet, plus free wifi if you've brought your own device. Very clean. Bunk beds are very solid, no squeaking as you climb in and out of bed at odd hours. Pillows were quite thin, but I asked for 2 extras, and slept soundly every night. Free milk and cereal and toast in the mornings, though I preferred my own instant oatmeal. Shared kitchen, which was very well stocked with pots and pans and utensils, and plastic containers for packing your lunch. Also a huge fridge, with enough room for 16 people to store their groceries. The location is in downtown San Francisco, close to public transit. I had no difficulty pulling a heavy suitcase from the airport to the Bay Area Rapid Transit to the hostel. All the other people at the hostel were lovely: a few young adults staying on business and a handful of world traveling tourists, all very nice people, and I enjoyed hearing their travel stories and sharing my own.

Warning: the hostel is located atop 4 flights of stairs; an employee will happily assist you in carrying heavy luggage up and down, however travelers with knee or hip problems should avoid this hostel.

Room Tip: 2 rooms, each mixed gender, with 4 sets of bunk beds, 8 beds per room. Each bed is the same, as far as I know.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo