Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Battery(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
Hotel North Beach(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Grant Plaza Hotel(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Orchard Garden Hotel(San Francisco)
3,233 results
All reviewsthe financial districtfront deskpurified watergreat locationearly checkembarcadero centerferry buildingbusiness travelerrooms are smallbusiness tripcoffee machinequeen bedgreat roombart stationfew blocksmarket streetpublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed in club quarters over a public holiday weekend and it was alot cheaper than other accommodation available in the city ( I think it is geared towards business travellers as its in the financial district). The rooms were small but modern and we were out sightseeing most of the time so didn't mind the lack of space. The room was clean and it was quiet for sleeping at night. It felt a safe part of the city and most importantly in a hilly city it was on the flat at the bottom of hills so no climb to get home from the piers and attractions! The reception staff were efficient and overall we really enjoyed our stay in this lovely city. One piece of advice, don't have breakfast in the elephant and castle as it is poor service and food, instead go to the bakery/cafe beside the hotel as its delicious and much cheaper

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Booked this place from hot wire and got a great rate for San Francisco. Room was a little smallish. But good location and upscale place.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I recently stayed at the Club Quarters in San Fransisco. The immediate neighborhood around the hotel was a bit lacking as the downtown area shuts down on weekends. However, the BART is a very short walk away, as is the historic trolley line that runs up The Embarcadero to Fisherman's Wharf (which always seemed to be running horribly late, but was fun nonetheless). There are also many buses that run down Market Street, so exploring the city from this hotel was much easier than I initially expected.

The hotel service is great - the people at the front desk got me checked in early and helped arrange for my transportation back to the airport. Everything was very modern, new, and clean. The free bottles of water and wireless internet were very appreciated too. I actually thought the room to be rather spacious given the hotel's downtown location.

The only downside to this hotel is the somewhat peculiar arrangement of rooms. I don't know if it is because of the way the doors are angled towards each other, or the proximity of the rooms to one another, or because of the thinness of the walls, but I was definitely able to hear the phone ringing in adjacent rooms. Fortunately I had quiet neighbors during my stay. My bathroom was a bit cramped and had an awkwardly hanging door as others have described.

Overall, though, the room was very affordable and I would definitely stay here again if I find myself in San Fransisco for a weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My partner and I stayed two nights in the Club Quarters San Francisco this month. It certainly isn't the best hotel I've ever stayed in, but given that the price is lower than a lot of hotels in San Francisco, it really wasn't that bad. The room we stayed in was quite small but it was very clean and quiet (even though we were pretty close to the elevator) and had everything we needed (no tub in the bathroom but that's not an essential amenity for us when we're travelling). There was a closet near the elevator where you get extra pillows and distilled water (you bottle it yourself). Staff were professional and pleasant, if not overly friendly and we were moved to a higher floor when we checked in without even asking. I had thought the location of the hotel was a bit off the beaten path, but it was less than a 10 minute walk to the Embarcedaro BART station and the Ferry Building, as well as pretty close to the streetcar system which we used to get to Pier 39. I wouldn't necessarily choose the Club Quarters as my top place to stay in San Francisco, but I also wouldn't be disappointed if my partner booked us there again.

Room Tip: Since the concierge offered to move us from a room on a lower floor to a higher floor I guess that the lower floors might get a bit more noise from the street; it wouldn't hurt to ask when you check in.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Hotel is simple but pretty nice. Location (in the financial district, near Embarcadero BART station) is awesome, so you can easily go work downtown and enjoy the city. Rooms are quite small, but clean and comfortable. This is the 3rd time I checked in, and would come back easily.

• Stayed: May 2012