“Amazing hospitality by the staff at the hotel made this stay so much more enjoyable”

Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco
Ranked #14 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 2 October 2013

After a minor glitch in our travel plans we arrived at the hotel and the manager Aaron Bailey was faultless and a credit to the company. All of our initial issues were resolved as our booking agent had made an awful mistake. The staff treated is like family and we were able to book in early and enjoy the city. Situated in the financial district which is very nice, clean and grand. The hotel has a brilliant roof terrace and facilities are great. Would really recommend this place

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank W1nner1524

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

San Francisco was the first stop on our West Coast road trip and, consequently, the first place we looked to book accommodation. Naively, we'd expected the priciest hotels to be in LA Or Las Vegas but San Francisco proved to be the most expensive by far. Whether this was due to a conference, or the Americas Cup, I don't know...

Anyway, the go-to hotels friends had suggested to us (in areas such as Nob Hill, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square etc) all came in way too expensive so we had to look at different areas. Club Quarters appeared modern, in a safe location and at a comparatively reasonable price (we paid around £125/night = around $186/night at time of booking, still expensive, we thought).

We were pleasantly surprised - the hotel was perfect for what we needed. Good size, clean, modern rooms, complimentary teas, coffees and light snacks (fruit, cereal bars, candy etc), ice cold water dispensers on each floor. Shower rooms, rather than bath rooms which could be a problem for families with small children - but then I believe this chain is geared towards the business traveller so that makes sense.

The location was fine - Starbucks, McDonalds, Walgreens all in walking distance and also a short walk to China Town. There weren't many places within walking distance for meals/drinks at night, but it was a 10 minute walk down to the tram stop, where you could catch the tram down to Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39 etc.

I'd recommend this hotel to those looking for a more affordable hotel outside of the main tourist areas.

Ooh, and if visiting at a warm time of year - don't miss the roof terrace which was a nice place to relax after a busy day's sightseeing!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank theonlychilduk
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was a great hotel with an amazing homely feel about it. The rooms are comfortable and accessible. The service is fantastics especially Lo. She is really helpful and welcoming. I would strongly recommend this hotel

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I love this place. They treat me like a king. I walked in the front door and Lo greeted me immediately. She helped me check in and made an excellent suggestion for dinner.
The room was much bigger than I expected and very clean. They have a club room with ample desk space. Great place to stay for business. Lo even got me a reservation at Nopa on short notice. She apparently know the head chef personally.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 September 2013

As a commercial airline pilot who spends at least 2 layovers a month in San Francisco, I've always enjoyed the treatment we have received at Club Quarters. Today was no different with one exception: The consummate professional attitude and courtesy of our guest service manager, Lo! She went above and beyond the "call of duty" to help facilitate my room change to a fantastic room which I had stayed in before. With my planned 27 hour layover, Lo's effort and efficiency made my trip one I'll never forget. Thank you for everything, Lo!!!!!!

Room Tip: ask for what you need
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Booked a room here because of a friends recommendation and was so glad I did. The layout was a little bit different than what I was used to, but I started liking it almost immediately. Its located in a really nice safe area and I felt totally at ease walking home from the bars (not something you can say for every hotel in San Fran.) There is also a wonderful bar located right next door, in fact I think its connected to Club Quarters. Anyway, had a wonderful time, and when you stop by ask for Lo, weird name but awesome at her job.

Room Tip: You can walk to this place from the BART station!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Club Quarters made me feel like home when I'm on the road, the management there was very friendly. The person that helped out the most was Sarpi, she told me where the best places to eat and sight see. This made my stay comforting. I will definitely be back.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business