“Praise”

Ranked #18 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Falmouth, ME
“Praise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Thank you 'Jenny' for your engaging and responsive attitude during our recent stay on our Anniversary. Also, the rest of the staff and service personnel that took care of the rooms were all extremely helpful and friendly as well.

Ralph & Mary Morgan
Falmouth, Maine

Room Tip: needs better storage area as it was challenging, we had a minimal amount of luggage
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Jericho, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is our crew layover hotel when we come to San Francisco and I love staying here. Rooms are clean, beds and pillows are comfortable, and each floor has water bottle stations with free water! The hotels' location is great as it is central and close to many of SF's popular attractions/tourist spots. The staff is friendly and helpful and Sarbi helps me get the room I like. The hotel has been through some recent renovations and it looks great.

1 Thank Alan H
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed here for work and being my first time here, I was very impressed. The hotel has instant check in so I was able to check in quickly and go to my room. In the day time they put snacks (M&M's, sodas, water, fruits, cookies, etc in their lobby area). That was a nice touch as I am used to having to pay for these things at other hotels. Staff was very friendly and helpful during my stay. Sarbi provided great customer service and was helpful with any questions I had during my stay. Compared to other hotels in San Francisco, Club Quarters provides a great location at a great price.

Room Tip: They have a sun terrace on the 11th floor that has a view of the city and Bay Bridge.
Signal Hill, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My experience with Club Quarters has been mostly negative, with few positives mixed in. My girlfriend and I were flying into San Francisco for a good friends' wedding, and my friend had previously made arrangements with Club Quarters to block off a number of rooms at a special discounted rate of $215 a night. I call Club Quarters roughly a month prior to our trip to make a reservation, provide the reference code for the wedding party, and was told that yes, there are still rooms available at the discounted rate for both nights. I provide a credit card number, name, and number of guests (2) and in return I am given a confirmation number and told that my room is booked. All good right? Wrong. For starters, a confirmation email never arrives. Then, when I call back two weeks later to see if I can add a third night to my stay, they can't find my reservation! I provide the confirmation number that I was initially given. Sorry sir, that confirmation number is for a different guest (who is conveniently staying the exact same two days I am). Can I give you guys my credit card number so you can look up the reservation? No, our system doesn't work that way. Can you just book me a new room? No, hotel is full. Is there a manager I can speak to? No, but I can have one call you! Does the manager ever call? Nope! I call back at the end of the business day to speak to a manager and end up talking to another employee who magically found my reservation. What?! Fast forward and we finally arrive at the hotel. Nice place, very clean, and the employees are extremely friendly. Good location too. They have some perks (filtered water machine, coffee machines, etc) that you don't find other places. However, the rooms are unbelievably small. Seriously, my on campus dorm room in college was bigger. We were given a full (a full!) size bed that felt like it was stuffed with concrete. The pillows were equally bad. Me and my girlfriend were elbowing and kneeing each other the whole night. The bathroom is the size of a Smart car (good luck fitting two people in there at once). Again, the room was clean and well maintained, so no complaints there. Upon checkout, we discovered that we were charged the discounted rate on one night ($215) and an absurd rate of $349 the next night, an issue we are still attempting to resolve with the hotel. Talk about the icing on the cake. For the price, I'd recommend you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Love this location with its close proximity to Chinatown and the Saturday Market down near the water. The staff is attentive. Kudos to Lo, Lennin, and Jon. They go beyond the expectations of the guest. I love the ammenities the hotel offers; coffee, tea, great sitting area w/ books and maps. I love the vibe!!!

1 Thank judy4bb
Castro Valley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I came away with mixed feelings about Club Quarters.

On the positive side - good location and good value. Right in the heart of the financial district, within walking distance of public transportation, restaurants, shopping, Chinatown, North Beach, etc. Clean facility and nice computer, refreshment, reading area near lobby. Friendly staff and free amenities such as coffee, water & wi-fi.

The downside is that the building remodel was not done well in terms of room size & sound insulation. Hallways and rooms were stiflingly small. No opening windows and we could hear TV, bathroom, and conversations at normal volume from adjoining rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

It's located in a part of town that is close to many attractions within walking distance. The rooms are extremely clean and updated. You'll find a staff that is knowledgable and eager to help. We had great suggestions for places to dine. R and G Lounge should not be missed for dinner or lunch.

The hotel offers free wi fi that is reliable and fast, has free bottled water on every floor, and has a nice view on a roof top .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family