“Awesome staff”

Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco
Ranked #15 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel quite regularly and am always greeted w a smile and even by name by Lenin & Jon. What a wonderful way to begin my stay. They are always friendly and accommodating. Lenin has even gone way out of his way accommodate me when I was missing an essential toiletry item. What a lifesaver he was that night!! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone spending time in San Fran!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,574)

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've stayed here several times, as our company has a contract with them, and each time it seems as though the quality drops a little. I upgraded to a "suite," since the standard rooms are too small. The carpet looked dirty, the sofa was dingy, dirty, and cheap, and there were suspicious stains on the sofa and desk chair. Holes in the wall had been patched and not painted over. The room smelled bad; best description is frat party. They no longer offer snacks at nighttime in the lobby. Not a pleasant stay for a professional woman with standards.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank BellaAnnArbor
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Booked a Friday night staycation in the city via Hotwire and got put into Club Quarters San Francisco. The stay left a sour taste in my mouth.

Let's cover the positives before we hit negatives. The staff was friendly during checkin.

Now onto the negatives.

1. Room was small. I told my girlfriend it felt like a small cruise cabin. Even the decor was reminiscent of it.

2. Bed was cheaped-out. There were only two pillows on the entire bed - I guess it doubled as a backrest and a sleeping pillow?

3. Got charged for late checkout. We checked out a few minutes past twelve (~12:05p) on a Sunday. A few days later I get a charge of $44.18 on my credit card bill. When I called to inquire, I was informed that the maid had written down that she "came into the room and our belongings were still in the room at around 12:30." This is simply not true - no one ever entered the room while we were still in there, and at no point did we leave the room with our things in it. We were out before that time anyway. The gentleman refused to refund the charges and I've taken this up with the credit card company.

I will definitely not be back at this location or any of their 15 other locations. I don't care for a company that is dishonest, stubborn, and nickel and dimes their customers.

Room Tip: Don't come
6  Thank Charlie L
Reviewed 25 February 2014

For San Francisco on a very busy weekend (Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year Parade) this was a very good choice at $155/night total via Priceline. Walking distance to Embarcadero, North Beach, Chinatown, and for the hearty, Fisherman's Wharf. Staff was friendly and helpful. All rooms have only queen size beds. Staff will sometimes put snacks at the complimentary coffee bar in the sparse lounge area. Parking is difficult and expensive. Best I found was on Broadway & Montgomery overnight for $22.50/night.

Room Tip: The 1st room I was assigned did not have a window that could open. I immediately requested a change...
Reviewed 25 February 2014

easy check in. Lo & Lennin were very nice and helpful. Restaurant right next door. Was able to walk anywhere from downtown. Lots of restaurants in the area. Try Kokari if you can but make reservations ahead of time if you can.

Room Tip: great location near downtown SF
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I want to thank Jenny Browning at the front desk at the club quarters in san Francisco. thank you so much for all that you did for us to make our stay at club quarters a great experience.We'll have to come back again. Thank you so very much Jenny Browning. GA from 2/21/214 stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We arrived at Club Headquarters with high expectations. Usually a room with this price tag booked through Hotwire is very nice. The lobby was nice as we checked in, but our satisfaction ended there. When we got to our dime-sized room and set down our bags we realized that we'd taken up all the space to move about our room in doing so. The single window faced a brick wall, barely visible through the pigeon excrement coating the glass. As we lay down on the bed we realized there was no way we'd both fit, so we went back and asked for another room with a bigger bed. The girl informed us that one was available but "just a head's up, our king beds are two twins pushed together." What? "So...there's a big crack down the middle?" I asked. "Most people don't even notice it." Having already paid we had little choice, so we accepted but let me tell you, there's not a person in this world who would NOT notice that huge crack that I slept in the whole night. I awoke sore and feeling unrested. Besides the tiny rooms, lame, saggy beds, lifeless pillows and terrible view, the bathroom was barely functional! The toilet wouldn't flush, and the shower head wouldn't adjust, keeping the flow of water aimed straight down at the wall. It was awful. The hotel's restaurant wasn't much better. When we got there that night we stood for about 15 minutes by the "please wait to be seated" sign and nobody ever acknowledged us. We finally left. At breakfast my omelet was raw in the middle. Horrible place!!!

2  Thank Jessica A