“Lovely, nuanced service”

Ranked #18 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely, nuanced service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I arrived at Club Quarters at 9pm, exhausted and annoyed that there was no parking at the building or on the street and I had to pay 35 dollars and park down the street. (a San Francisco thing now -- when I was a teenager there was FREE PARKING ON ALL THE STREETS WHAT HAPPENED THANKS FOR NOTHING AMERICA)...

Anyway, I walked into the lobby huffing and puffing, and not only were Courtney and Jon, the front desk staff, incredibly patient with me, they were kind and helped me with my parking issues and made me comfortable. And I'm not talking about canned, robotic, "I'm so sorry about that" kind of service -- I mean, Jon actually had the parking garage I parked in on speed dial to make sure I could get my car easily the next day. Courtney asked if I was hungry and told me about the room service options. And I got a free toothbrush.

My mood made a total 180 that by the time I settled in to the comfortable room to watch that Cops spin-off "Jail" with my delicious hot food from the restaurant downstairs that I actually took time to call down to the front desk to thank them. Being treated so well actually had me on the verge of tears -- dramatic, I know, but I was EXHAUSTED and I really felt taken care of.

So there you have it... definitely recommend for easy access to the places you need to go for business, and at a reasonable rate. And I love the little suite I was in -- nice to leave your work in one room and chill out in another.

Also definitely recommend that show "Jail." Was never a Cops fan but I fully marathoned Jail.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The location is great, room was smallish but more than adequate and very clean. Our visit was short but thanks to Sarbi and Liz at the front desk we got to see and enjoy more in two than we thought was possible. They took the extra time to make our visit special.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had 2days meeting in the city and got room only in this place closer to my work (guess it was the marathon which blocked all rooms in the city). The check in process was good but as I entered the floor, the way rooms were lined up on both sides and the way the corridor was, the feeling was no more than a dormitory. The price was no less for that. I would have got an entire suite for that money if I was in Belmont. I guess the price was for the location but even the room was extremely small. Even for an hour delay in check out, they would not accommodate but charge you 20%. No amenities inside. Overall, not impressed, rather disappointed. Mine was one of the last rooms and when I looked from the window, I could see only walls around, guess it was a duct than a view.

Room Tip: No idea, my friends stayed with a road view and complained of that to be too noisy as there was prot...
3 Thank rnraghavan
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Location and check in are as easy as you can want. Rates are great rooms are small and clean just what you would expect from Club Quarters. They have a great lounge area on the first floor and a Starbucks on the corner. Walking distance to some nice parks and the Embarcadero.

Stayed July 2014
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Came to San Francisco for the Marathon. Club Quarters was situated in a prime location in terms of being close to the Embarcadero and Mission Street. Stayed in a smaller room with queen bed and found it quite sufficient for our purposes, especially as we spent most of our time away from the hotel. It is close enough to great shopping and the pier, making it so convenient to drop off extra gear before embarking on different adventures around the city. We appreciated the water stations at the end of the hallway. Staff were helpful and cheerful. This was good value for the money and the location was what mattered the most. Happy stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our trip was on 7-19/7-20-14. Coming from Reno, NV we know a little bit about good customer service. Let me say that from the start of our stay SARBI took great care of us. We booked through one of the on-line sites and listed 3 people going on this trip. When we got to the hotel SARBI let us know it was only a two person room with no room for a rollaway cot. This was not the hotels fault. At the time of check-in no other rooms were available. OK. No problem yet. We would deal with the small room as best we could. So we went to the room to relax a few moments. On the way down we had a minor problem that I wont detail here because it was not the hotels fault. We let SARBI know what it was and she said she would take care of it so we left for a few hours. On our return the problem had not been attended to and again we let SARBI know. She was upset that housekeeping had not fixed the problem and came up herself to see where it was. From there she called housekeeping again and waited for the to come up. When we left our room again the problem was fixed. We went to eat at the restaurant attached to the hotel and before we even ordered our food SARBI came in to let us know they had a bigger room cancelled and moved us in at no extra charge. The only real problem we had on this trip was if staying at a hotel why should you have to pay for parking too, but that's how most of the hotels in San Francisco are. If you stay at the Club Quarters in San Francisco I hope SARBI is there to take as good of you as she did us. Thanks SARBI... p.s. The Elephant and Castle restaurant attached to this hotel is a good and friendly place to eat...

Room Tip: If you have a standard room ask if upgrades are available for a little extra space.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great location, walking distance to chinatown and union square. The staffs are very helpful especially sarbi at the front desk, always willing to help and attentive. The rates here are very affordable for the location,very good value for the price you pay.

Room Tip: Free snacks in lobby on weekdays.
1 Thank Alex T