“Good value for a clean and comfortable room.”

Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco
Ranked #16 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Arlington, Virginia
“Good value for a clean and comfortable room.”
Reviewed 23 November 2009

The location is good for this hotel in the financial district. It is close to the Embarcadero BART station, which makes getting around pretty easy. The rooms are comfortable but no frills. A nice touch is the free bottled water by the elevators and free wireless internet. A great value!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 November 2009

If I had to describe this hotel in one word it would be "efficient". I booked this hotel on Priceline, name your price, for $75/night for a Friday and Saturday in November. After reading the reviews I was a little worried but I was pleasantly surprised.

Hotel - Located almost next to the Embarcardero Center in the financial district. If you are visiting for business it is perfect and it is just fine for a leisure visit. We took a cab to Fisherman's warf but walked back with no problem. There is limited parking in the area so be sure to carefully read all the signs. The free wifi was a nice feature and was helpful with the iPhone. Check in and out was quick.

Room - Yes, the room is small...but not that small. I have stayed in smaller rooms in Europe. The room is laid out well which does not make it seem small. I am 6' and my husband is 6'2", so if we can feel compfortable other people should not be complaining. If you are booking a hotel to enjoy the hotel ammenities then do not go here. If you just want a nice clean room while traveling then book away. The free purified water is a nice feature. The walls are thin but I guess we had quiet neighbors so it was not a problem. Yes, the hallways are on the more narrow side but you are not spending time in the hall. No view to speak of but ours was not horrible. The tv is in a more awkward spot and could easily be remidied with a flat screen mounted accross from the bed but that might not be what business travelers are looking for.

Bathroom - Small and only a shower, but like I said if you want to relax and enjoy the hotel room then look elsewhere. The water was hot and the water pressure strong. The only strange thing if that there was a gap between the door and door frame so you could see in and out...should really be adjusted. Overall the bathroom was fine and very clean.

Parking - We parked in a city garage a block away and thought we got a great deal, but oh were we wrong. The sign said $7 evenings and weekends. We confirmed our interpretation of the sign with the garage attendant when we pulled in and parked at about 8pm Friday night and pulled the car out Sunday at about 10am expecting to pay $21. We were charged $50!! We thought we had confirmed with the attendant that we would pay $7 for friday night, $7 for Saturday and the full $7 for the partial day on Sunday. However, they charged us as though we parked all day Friday. The new attendant said that we only would have paid $21 if we pulled the car out Saturday morning and reparked it immedately after. In what universe does this make any sense. Friday night rolled into a weekend so I have no idea why I was paying for Friday (day) when we were never in the garage. Since it is a city garage I can almost guarantee we will never see that money again so we will try to dispute the credit card charge and see if they have a better shot. BEWARE!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Tampa
Reviewed 23 October 2009

This is a really basic hotel in a great location.

Pluses: te rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, free wi fi.
Cons: outdated tv, workout room is small dirty and worn.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
los angeles
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I gave it 4 stars for being everything I wanted: cheap, CLEAN, and safe. It's really probably a 3 star hotel in terms of amenities. This hotel is meant for the utilitarian business traveler who has no need for the frills of a fancy hotel. However it has very uptodate modern and to the point decor which probably helps keep costs low and maintain a high standard in terms of the overall hotel. It's in the business district but who cares in SF you have plenty of transportation options.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 8 October 2009

The hotel matched the price. It is definetly a business travelor hotel. The room was tiney, but the location was perfect for us. It was right next to The Punch Line and close enough to BART and MUNI.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 October 2009

I stayed at the San Fransico Club Quarters the first week of October. I found the hotel to be centrally located to everything I needed to commute to. I stayed in room 721 which was supposed to be a king but was actually a queen bed. The walls were thin and a bit noisy at night with people coming and going. The kitchenette was not like in the pictures but was very handy. I had no view from my room.

If I left it at that I would rate my stay a 3 or 4 but upon check out the front desk hit me with an erroneous charge on my bank card and held funds that I needed on my next leg of my trip. I called the hotel and they tried to put the burden of resolution on my bank. As the merchant Club Quarters needed to release an authorization they kept calling a charge / refund but would not. There was no charge or credit, just a pending authorization. This killed my chance to visit the Grand Canyon from my next destination Las Vegas.
I will never stay at this location and will never live this down. In all my travels my concerns have never been dismissed like Sara did. Being senior manager I would think that she would go the extra mile. She didn't even meet me half way. Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank BraxtonMedia
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 29 September 2009

When I stayed here in the past, I got a teeny, tiny room. This time I got a room with a king bed and it was very nice. Bathroom was a decent size, not like a cruise ship bathroom. Bed was comfy. Floor space was adequate. All the other amenities were as others described. Two things I'd like to add. The coffee in the club room is much better than in your hotel room - worth a trip downstairs. And the washer and dryer were FREE. I worked out a lot that week, and I was very pleased to discover the laundry room was complimentary. You could buy detergent from the vending machine for $1. So I got all clean clothes after that nice surprise.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business