“Awesome Stay in SF”

Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Found this hotel on Tripadvisor and made my reservation with points from my credit card. Both my wife and I were really looking forward to visiting the Argonaut based on the reviews. I can say that this hotel exceeded my expectations. The service from the Front Desk, the Concierge, the Housekeeping Service, and the FREE Wine / Beer tasting in the evening made this trip memorable for both of us. Having a location right around the corner from the beginning of the Cable Car to being right next door to the Cannary and The Wharf makes this the perfect location in San Fran for a visit. I cannot recommend this hotel higher! You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All of the rooms appeared beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Hi, Magcigar!

"Awesome" is just the word we love to see! I'm glad you loved the locale here and of course a free nightly wine party never hurts, does it? I hope you got to sample some of the chef's chowder. Crab and corn is the huge hit. Before you come to see us again, make sure to join our loyalty club so you can also enjoy a $10 "Raid the Bar" credit on each stay. It's now good in either the "real bar" or for the minibar in your room. Cheers!!

There are newer reviews for Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My wife and I recently visited San Francisco and had the pleasure of staying at The Argonaut Hotel located near Fisherman's Wharf. The hotel was great but who really stood out was this delightful Chinese woman named Laverne. Absolute pleasure to deal with and quite frankly, the reason I'm writing this review. (She's that good)
My wife and I have a small bed & breakfast in Cape Cod and would hire her to run our business in a heartbeat...as a matter of fact, I just might be calling Laverne. Thanks for taking such good care of us and we'll definitely be returning next summer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a bay view of Alcatraz and/or the Golden Gate Bridge.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Lucky for us, I think that rockstar employee is pretty well in love with San Francisco and unlikely to bail on us for the East Coast, but I can't blame you for wanting to snatch her up! I'm so happy that you loved our crew and the stay overall.
The views are definitely great this time of year when the fog has let up and you can get that clear view of the bay, the Golden Gate Bridge, or Alcatraz from our View category rooms. And, heck, even if you economize with an interior room, it's a hop-skip-and-a-jump to get to the little Aquatic Park vista at the water's edge!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Awesome location for our family vacation. Service was excellent and we loved our pet goldfish! We stumbled across a great seafood restaurant within walking distance - Scomas. Also, cable car stop right there

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Hi, there, kmhayespcola!
I'm glad you found your way to us and to Scomas for some local seafood. They have such a cool location and view on pier 47, but of course I can't resist making a plug for our beloved Chowderhouse here with the outdoor patio!
We'll let Popeye the goldfish know that your family says hi :). See you next time! Thanks for your five-star review!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Having enjoyed our first trip a couple of years ago, we sprung for a fourth floor suite.
Room 445 on the corner must be the best in the hotel, quiet, huge, with views of the Golden Gate bridge and Alcatraz from lounge, bedroom, and even from the hot tub in the bathroom with wine in hand - doesn't get much better than this if you can upgrade - after all, its about the experience in the round. the happy hour is great - meet different people daily, no real walk ins from the street (our experience from both trips).
Kevin & Dawn

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Well thank you, Kevin & Dawn! It is delightful to have people choose to return to the hotel, and I'm so happy you got to indulge in Specialty View Suite this time. That is my favorite hotel room in the city and worth every penny if you love views, space, and the crazy-deep soaking tub.
Those of us who work here also get a kick out of the wine hour. As you say, it feels private to guests yet very energetic with so many folks visiting from around the globe. I have learned a lot about different cultures, and it's interesting to hear people compare San Francisco to other world cities. (With ours being the best, of course ;))

Reviewed 8 October 2013

What a great hotel, superb staff, really spacious and comfortable rooms and a great loaction.
Really can't fault this hotel. Would have to be one of our favorites ever.
We had a double room on the 3rd floor looking out over the water to Alcatraz. The view was amazing across the bay.
Breakfast was fine, nothing special but a great looking restaurant. A strong nautical theme runs throughout and it feels like a boutique hotel.

Room Tip: Ensure you ask for a room on higher levels to get you a view over fishermans wharf. The noise from t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Hi, Alexanderfz,
Thanks for the fantastic five-star review. I'm glad you loved the hotel and the views are such a great way to soak in the feel of San Francisco, aren't they?! Thanks for checking out the restaurant as well, though it sounds like we may have to steer you toward one of our specialties next time. I definitely love the bacon quiche or the benedicts... or, if you want to stay healthy on vacation, the oatmeal is great as far as that kind of thing goes ;).

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Firstly the staff were brilliant very helpful! secondly the hotel is very clean and comfortable with a homely holiday feel.
we stopped here for 4 nights before going on to Los angeles, the location being right on fishermanswarf meant we did not have to drive as you have everything on your door step, fishermanswarf is the place to stay in San Francisco!! You have shops, bars, great places to eat, boat trips and form the hotel you can see the golden gate bridge and Alcatraz as well as you have a small bay beach which was brilliant seeing as we were here when they had a heat wave! The hop on hop off buses are a must to see all the sights in SF the first stop is basically right out side the hotel which was very good.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable! I cant say a bad work about this Hotel, I have been lucky enough to visit some beautiful hotels due to being a Travel Agent and this hotel is one I hope to visit again in the future.

Room Tip: as for a room to look over the bay so you can see the golden gate bridge!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks, xxgeorgia04xx!

High praise from a travel agent is the hotel manager's dream :). I'm thrilled that we rank at the top of all the hotels you've visited, and I'll make sure to share your kind words with the "brilliant" crew working here as well! If you have the chance to come back here or travel to other Kimpton Hotels in the states, I'd definitely recommend our free loyalty club, Kimpton InTouch, which will set you up with a minibar welcome amenity, newspaper of choice, preffered pillow type, etc!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel, which was converted from a former cannery many years ago, was unique enough to avoid the "cookie cutter" category, but also offered some personal amenities usually found in bigger hotels. It's part of an deluxe group of hotels (Kimpton), but they know how to make you feel at home...without the attitude. For instance, we arrived shortly after they finished their nightly happy hour in the lobby (no charge), but the bellman asked if we would like a glass of wine (on the house) while we were waiting in line to check in. Off to a good start. The rooms are comfortable, but not what they could be with more windows or light sources. But, I'm sure one of the conditions they encountered when deciding to restore the old cannery warehouse was leaving the exterior as is, since it's a historical landmark. Thus, the limited amount of windows for each room. Nonetheless, they aim to please and you won't spend much time in your room while you're walking distance to so many attractions. If you don't feel up to walking, you're not even 1 block away from the main turnaround of San Francisco trolley cars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on upper floor (3rd or 4th) if you want to see anything from your room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks, Ken S! I love reading about the team showing friendliness and professionalism "without the attitude" -- so Kimpton! We try to be people serving people, and never robotic :).