“Perfect location and great with kids!”

Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed at the Argonaut in a double queen room for 4 nights in November (myself and my 6 and 9yo sons). The room and the hotel was just perfect for our needs and I would highly recommend it. The best things are the location and the kid-friendliness of the staff. The room was large enough for the three of us (and our 'stuff') and everything was clean and comfortable. Another great experience at a Kimpton Hotel for this family!

Room Tip: Always request a corner room on the high floor in SF!
1  Thank GalenA_12
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you, Galen A! I know, it's a pleasant surprise when a standard hotel room can fit two queen beds, four people, and "stuff" as you say! I hope your kids got a chance to enjoy the Wii games in the lobby or the scavenger hunt adventure. The weekend ranger tours are a bit more for an adult attention span, but the history is fascinating, so I recommend that activity as well!

There are newer reviews for Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I wanted to see the sights after a business trip and this was a great location! The walk down to Pier 39 was great with so much to see right in the area. Everything from museums to art galleries all within walking distance. The staff was also great and I had a lovely room with a view of the Golden Gate bridge. The happy hour from 5-6pm was a greeat bonus - free wine and Anchor Steam Beer. Room had a great nautical theme and was bathroom was great (and spotless!). Although I usually like some variety on return trips as far as accomodations I would make an exception and would stay here again! Cab fare to ariport was ridiculous but not the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: Loved the fourth floor - right above the street cars but no noise except the bell which I loved..
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Hello, Happicat, and thanks for purring about our hotel! I'm glad we could provide a little fun and adventure at the end of your business trip. I love seeing the sea lions down at Pier 39, and of course you can't go to San Francisco and skip seeing the cable cars or the Golden Gate Bridge. Our team loves to share the local tips, too, like the fish & chips shack a block over or the fun Mediterranean place up the hill. I'm glad you'll be back, and we'll be waiting. Come this winter and you can enjoy a hot toddy at our wine party :).

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Before speaking on the wonder Argonaut, here are a couple suggestion. Everyone wants to ride the cablecars, right? If you try to pick it up at Market street, the line is so long you may spend 30, 45, even one hour to get on.

Here's the trick for locals: They don't fill up the cars...leaving maybe ten spots empty so they can pick up people at stops along the way. So go up a couple blocks to the next couple stops and get on there. What I saw is they pick up another five at the next two stops. Make sure you have a pass or $6 each cash per person.

One more thing: Go to the show called Beach Blanket Babylon. Just trust me.

The Argonaut. What can I say about the hotel and it's employees. The room was large and well appointed EXCEPT there is not enough drawers for clothing. But the room had an iron and ironing board which I always like. There was enough light to take care of biz. Sleep quality was great due to nice bedding and quitetness. The room was always serviced to perfection. Your room may include a $10 credit to use the minibar. We didn't know about it until we checked out.

All the employees were spectacular, which is what prompted me to write a review. Every need was catered to. We were looking for antiques while in Haight Ashbury and the doorman came up with nothing. As we were walking away and were a block from the hotel the doorman had thought of a place to check out, and he ran like the wind to catch us a tell us about it. This attitude was typical of all the other employees.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tubeguy
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hi, TubeGuy,
Always great to get praise from a Senior Reviewer -- thank you! I'll let the housekeeping ladies know their service was "perfection" and of course that story of the doorman is a heartwarmer, too.
I second your recommendation about the cable cars for sure. The other fun thing to do is hit the Ferry Building and the catch the East-West route from the end of California up to the top of Nob Hill. That line is almost exclusively locals and rarely crowded. The best part? A drink at Top of the Mark when you disembark. What a view!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Just back from 4 nights at the Argonaut Hotel, where we had a room with two queen-sized beds and a view of the Golden Gate Bridge. The view was spectacular, thanks to some unseasonably great SF weather, but the hotel was even better. Friendly and efficient staff, spacious room, and the location allowed us to walk toward the bridge a few times. This is in a touristy area, so if you are looking to avoid that, this may not be your place. But even still the hotel was a quiet and calm oasis. Extra friendly toward pets too. Already looking ahead toward a return visit in 2014.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you, Thomas B! I hate to jinx us, but it has been a really a really nice winter and fall. Today it's a bit chilly but everyone is enjoying the holiday hot cocoa bar by the fireplace, and soon it's time for the wine party with hot toddies and whipped cream. I'm glad you found the room so spacious and the staff so friendly -- we'll let the crew know you're already planning that 2014 trip -- thanks!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

From the moment we arrived at the hotel the service was superb! Friendliest most helpful genuine people working at this establishment. The location is great and our room was perfect! We stayed in a Deluxe King overlooking the courtyard. Roomy, spotless, comfortable and quiet. The most comfortable bed and fun nautical decor. Absolutely love this hotel and will be back each time we are up to visit our daughter several times a year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thanks, Christina G! I agree that the staff here is friendly and genuine, and their sincerity makes it all the more fun for me to come to work each day. We try to be helpful but never stiff or stuffy, and I'm glad that struck the perfect balance for you! Since you'll be coming to see us a lot, make sure you join up with our free Kimpton InTouch member program if you have not already. In addition to the usual "points" perks, it's all about catering to your preferences, like foam vs feather pillows, any newspaper requests, etc. And of course a $10 per stay Raid the Bar credit doesn't hurt either ;).
See you next time!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

First things first - if you're not accustomed to staying in a major metropolis where quarters are cramped (i.e., Manhattan, London, etc), you will think the rooms here are small. Once you get past that, there is nothing bad that can be said about this property. The gorgeously appointed nautical/industrial themed decor, the popular manager's happy hour (a standard at all Kimptons) for adults, scavenger hunt for kids (with prizes), treats for the doggies, excellent service across the board, and great restaurant, this hotel can't be beat. A great place to stay for family vacation at Fisherman's Wharf.

1  Thank noellossie
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thanks, noellossie, and happy holidays.
I'm so happy that the hotel was a hit with young and old, four- and two-legged. It's funny to hear you describe the rooms because I myself always say "by city standards, they're gigantic." In fact, in most SF hotels, a room with two queen beds is an impossibility, and we are lucky and happy to offer those larger beds plus floor space to move around.
Hopefully I will get to say a quick hello at your next visit to the hotel and our free wine party. Tomorrow kicks off the seasonal hot toddies. My chance to dip a toe into bartending!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Great rooms. Exceptionally helpful staff. They love dogs. The classic zebra/leopard bathrobes are a nice touch. The hotel bikes are wonderful, and they should have more. We had an "inside" room, so there wasn't much of a view, but that didn't concern us, as we were up early and back by "wine hour" at the earliest. Wine hour gave us a great opportunity to mingle with other guests, many of whom were from New Zealand for the America's Cup finals. I have to say more about the staff: From the front desk, the concierge, housekeeping staff, and the white-helmeted men who stood by the main door to help with absolutely anything - all were truly exceptional and made the price of the room a great value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimGidget
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

"The Place!" That's what we like to hear :)! Thank you, JimGidget. I remember all of the emotional rollercoasters of the America's Cup, and how interesting it was to mingle with the sailing fans from across the globe at the wine party. We're getting ready for Monday's kick off of the wintertime beverages, which will be a fun twist: hot toddies (spiced rye & apple cider with whipped cream!) every night at the wine party, plus afternoon hot cocoa from 2-4pm. Come back and see us again!