Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$348
US$222
US$194
US$289
US$243
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$191
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$347
US$272
US$230
US$225
  • Restaurant
The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
US$244
US$238
US$321
US$291
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$488
US$290
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
6,146 results
All reviewsnautical themeblue mermaidfisherman's wharfthe golden gate bridgecable carchowdermaritime museumgreat locationghirardelli squareirish coffeebuena vistabay viewking suitewine hourwharf areawine receptionevery evening
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed for three nights. I was interested in staying at Fisherman's Wharf, and the trip advisor reviews helped me pick this hotel. However, we were on a West Coast trip from Seattle to San Diego, and I was booking hotels a day or two in advance, and unfortunately, this hotel was not available which was very disappointing. However, the morning we left, I checked again and there was availability, so I was able to book the three nights.

I sure was lucky, as this was a great boutique hotel. The location was awesome and the beds were super comfortable. The concierge came through when we found out that Alcatraz was not available and she steered us to a vendor who had 5 tickets left. We had to pay more than the normal price, but he threw in 2 hour biking and a city tour as well.

The lobby was very comfortable and had a fireplace going all day. The restaurant at the hotel was the blue mermaid and the food did not disappoint.

If you happen to stay here, and want some ice cream, don't bother walking over to Ghiardelli Square or Ben and Jerry's next door. In the court yard is Normans, and their sundae's are to die for. That was also recommended by the concierge and rated highly by Fodor's and Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frank L
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thanks so much, Frank L! I have shared your review with our (ice-cream-fanatical) concierge and she will be glad to know you enjoyed Alcatraz and the visit overall. Thanks for trying out our very own Blue Mermaid restaurant, too; I'm happy you enjoyed the meal, and no doubt tried the famous crab & corn chowder...?

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I (Australians) recently had a holiday in USA and began with 4 nights in San Fran where we stayed at The Argonaut. I had found the place via an online search and when I booked it I was concerned it may too far away from the City itself. I needn't have worried !

Great location, lovely building and rooms are fine. And every person we met who worked there was warm and friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Wy wife believes this Hotel helped us enjoy San Fran in general.

Couple of really small gripes - I messaged them twice (via their website) to confirm our reservation but they never answered either query despite several weeks notice. And no kettle in the rooms is a bit of a nuisance ..... there is a coffee percolator so if that's your thing then great; but my wife and I drink tea so as I say a bit of a pain.

That said, if we ever get back to SF, there is only one place we will be staying - The Argonaut !

Stayed: May 2014

Thanks, Saintsly7! It is so delightful to hear that your wife was commenting about how the hotel helped you to enjoy the city in general. We are pretty lucky to have this location, and all the neat history/character that comes with it.
Feel free to drop me a line with the details of whom you messaged when regarding your booking; we are normally very responsive to correspondence so that is alarming! As for the tea, yes, I know, the American way of making tea in a coffee pot is blasphemy to some of our foreign visitors, so please know that we are always happy to send the hot water up through room service. (We don't have the boiling kettles in the rooms themselves for safety reasons).
Thank you!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Excellent place to stay in San Francisco. Traveled with three other women, and all the luggage, etc that is needed for a week of multiple activities, and the room was not crowded. The decor is every bit as charming as the pictures portray, but the room is actually more spacious than the photos show. We stayed in a Q/Q room, and there were 3 night stands, so each of us had our own light and a place to put items by our bedside. The room has an abundance of electrical outlets and charger stations for all the technology we now travel with. Very clean and comfortable, and whenever we needed anything they immediately sent someone up with it. I saw one employee dash off the elevator holding a travel size toothpaste tube some other guest required. Everyone I had contact with was polite, friendly, and efficient. The location is wonderful, the free wine hour every afternoon was much appreciated, and the restaurant has delicious crab and corn chowder. The Argonaut helped make our first visit to California a great experience, and we hope to return soon, and definitely choose the Argonaut again! Many thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Hello, Y'all 4TexasGirls :)!
Thanks for visiting us and sharing your story. I know just what you mean about how all of our gadgets require the outlets, and of course the free wifi is key too. I'm glad the little touches and the service from the team made you feel right at home here in SF. We are indeed lucky to be one of the few hotels in town that has rooms big enough to accomodate two queens. Most of the city's rooms offer two double (or full) size mattresses, and no one wants to sleep that close to their companion--even if they don't kick in the night :)!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

As are other Kimpton hotels I've stayed in, this one has a fun, hip atmosphere with warm, professional, responsive staff and the rooms are very nicely appointed. What makes this one stand out is the terrific location--right on the Embarcadero with all the crazy touristy stuff in one direction, and a marine park with outstanding waterfront jogging in the other direction. Some rooms have water views, although the fact that this is a historic warehouse does mean that the windows are a bit too small to give you an extensive view. RIght around the corner is a cable car stop that, if you have time to wait on line, will take you all the way down to the BART station on Market St. so you can go completely car-less. The on-site restaurant is okay--there are dishes such as the chowders that get rave reviews from others, although I didn't try them.

Room Tip: The King view room is nice, and includes a little sitting area with a sofa.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hi, Byelka! Happy to see you are a Kimpton fan and you had such a great visit here with us. (If you're not already in our loyalty club, it's FREE to join... really!... but this is not the time for plugs.) I wanted to thank you for your review and let you know that the front desk does have some fun "Chowder Cards" if you'd like to try that famous appetizer on your next trip. The card is any hotel guest's passport to a complimentary crab & corn chowder appetizer with their entree purchase. It's definitely a highlight, and an award winner, so I hope we can hook you up next time!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Although we live in Sacramento, we stayed at the Argonaut overnight since we were going to a Giants game. We booked a king suite and I was very impressed with the design of the room. The suite was huge. It had a huge living/dining area and separate bedroom. Everything was very tastefully decorated. I couldn't believe that the dining table sat 6 people! The bathroom had a huge soaking/Jacuzzi tub that could easily fit 2 people. The staff was very friendly. Although there were few downsides there were a few: we were in suite 201 and we had to keep the shutters closed because we were street level and there were pedestrians walking by, the mattress is so firm that I woke up with a back ache (and I usually prefer a firm mattress) and we requested a crib and it never came (I was actually going to call down about it but then it was late so I just let the baby sleep with us). Since I only stayed there one night, I am not writing off The Argonaut and will definitely give them another chance in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hi, Jenniferredd! Isn't that suite gigantic? I love those 900-square foot ones, and the super-deep 2-person tub doesn't hurt, either. Sometimes our guests will grab a glass of wine at the nightly reception and then enjoy vino and jacuzzi jets -- doubly relaxing! I would check into a suite myself one day but they're pretty much always booked :). Thanks for the heads up about the crib -- we'll make sure communication is at 100% between the front desk and housekeeping -- and in the meanwhile I'm thrilled that you'll be back! Also, though the beds are pillowtops, we can always add an additional layer of feather comforter to the bed to give you that extra cloud-like experience :).