Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel
US$260
US$185
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$235
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$222
  • Room Service
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$212
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$511
US$476
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$405
US$345
InterContinental
  • Pool
US$240
US$220
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$329
US$278
Travelocity
6,113 results
All reviewsnautical themeblue mermaidfisherman's wharfthe golden gate bridgecable carchowdermaritime museumgreat locationghirardelli squareirish coffeebuena vistabay viewking suitewine hourwharf areawine receptionevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I recently spent three nights at the Argonaut hotel in SF. We stayed in a tranquil Deluxe double queen room. The room size was reasonable and the room was quiet, despite being in the most touristy part of SF. Our stay was mostly pleasant. However, when I am paying over $500 per night for a room, I expect very good service. I had some issues:

1) The fire alarm rang at 12:30 am and the entire building was evaluated. The hotel blamed a malfunctioning control unit. Shouldn’t these be regularly tested?

2) The wifi, in various parts of the hotel including my room and the lobby, didn’t work for a few days. I alerted the front desk, but for 36 hours they did nothing. Finally the Assistant GM intervened and had it fixed the next morning. The hotel staff reported my complaint to their IT company but neither the IT company nor the hotel staff followed up on the problem.

3) Every call to the front desk resulted in being put on hold for a few minutes.

I wouldn’t pay more than $200 per room if I ever stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Soccer D
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hi, SoccerD,
Thanks so much again for helping me get to the bottom of that wifi glitch. I wish we had resolved it for you sooner, but happy that we are back to normal now that Kimpton Corporate IT got involved with the provider.
I can't believe the full moon luck of that wifi glitch followed by the fire alarm. The good news is that actually the alarm system was working normally (vs malfunctioning). A sensor picked up on heavy, proximate steam. Luckily, we identified and contained the source and there was no flame or injury.
We appreciate that everyone evacuated in an orderly fashion. This was the first such event I've seen in my two years at the Argonaut, so I can reassure you that things will be smoother next time! We appreciate your patience and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We have enjoyed stay at this hotel even the rooms are very narrow.

The price is about 450-500 now which really make he room feels extra small.

The night we stayed last week, fire alarm went out at 12:30am and everyone had to come down to the street level. There was no apology or explanation from the management on what happened.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank MdMontaigne

Hello, HLKEBB,
As I mentioned to the other reviewer (SoccerD), that fire alarm was a scare to us all, and totally out of the norm, so I appreciate your patience. I understood that the overnight team made an announcement (along with the "all clear") in the lobby to explain the situation, and I do regret that I took it for granted that everyone heard the updates and felt safe. Though I don't expect this situation to recur in the future, if it were to, I would definitely write and distribute a guest letter next time. Please feel free to drop me a line if there is a way we can make this up to you in your future travels!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here with family for three nights and found it to be clean, comfortable, friendly with an attractive nautical interior design theme throughout. From the start we felt welcome and I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a base from which to see San Francisco Bay. Hire bikes from bLazing saddles two doors down, enjoy a 10 minute walk to Pier 39 or pier 33 for ALcatraz. Then get the cable car (5 minutes from hotel) into 'town' for shopping! But bear in mind cable car queues can be up to 1 hour in high season. Loved hotel..... Very comfortable and would come again if and when we revisit San Francisco. Breakfast fantastic at Blue mermaid Chowder house which is attached to the hotel. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Shona B

Thanks, Shona B! We'll share your comments with the Blue Mermaid team as well. I just love their thick-cut bacon, be it in the quiche or on the lunchtime Ahi Tuna BLT.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was my first time staying near Fisherman's Wharf. I wasn't too excited about being in the middle of the action but I must say I was pleasantly surprised. We spent two nights here after a Napa trip. The rooms are small, but very comfortable. The lobby is a cool place to hang out by the fire and enjoy some down time in between your busy day. The museum next door is very informative and interactive. I went on a run along the shoreline in the morning and it was so nice to be out before the throng of tourists. The location is within walking distance of Ghirardelli square and Fort Mason, among many other sites. I honestly think the food at and around the wharf isn't very good (mostly over-priced tourist spots). However the dinner and drinks at Blue Mermaid were quite tasty.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks, MGP626!
I'm happy that you enjoyed that early run along the waterfront. It's quite a view! Some of our guests also like to take out the free bike rentals or even swim in the Aquatic Park (not for me!).
If you hadn't had your fill of wine tasting, I hope you got to check out the neat Winery Collective tenant here at the hotel. They feature some very rare, limited production wines from our local area and their tasting flight experience is super informative!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Not the ordinary luxury hotel or business hotel. The theme of the hotel matches the atmosphere of the bay. The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly and nice. The hotel is right next to the cable car turnaround so good for sightseeing too.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Hi, May-Tok!
This unique and setting-appropriate seaside vibe is exactly what we go for. We believe everyone should have a sense of place -- and, better yet, of the rich history of the city's waterfront district. Thanks for checking us out, and also for your kind review and praise of the housekeeping team and front-end staff!