“View of Golden Gate right from the room!”

Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We reserved a Bay View room and was extremely happy we did. The view from the room was on the 4th floor directly facing Golden Gate bridge. We could hear the gulls watch a gorgeous sunset and see the bridge lit up at night.
You can stay downtown for a slightly upgraded room for the price you pay here and if you sign up for Kimpton rewards free WiFi!
Parking is steep but it's the same everywhere in San Fran. My kids are both over 17 years of age and they loved it here.
Highly recommend the upgraded room!

Stayed: July 2014
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi, CanadaRockiesgirl!
It's great to hear that your family loved their time here, and that Golden Gate Bridge view made a big impression on everyone. Thanks also for mentioning that parking prices are kind of crazy everywhere in the city. It's one of the few downsides to visiting the city, though we all still love our dear SF due to her many alluring charms.... however much we ourselves pay in parking and rent :)!

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

When staying in San Francisco, this this the place to stay. The quality of service, linens, and location is an A+ In my book. The staff is so friendly and accommodating, the linens are so soft and plush, and the location can't be beat. This hotel is in a quieter part of town, which means a great nights sleep. From my window I could see Alcatraz: the view was beautiful. The tram is super close: within throwing distance, and there is a grocery store a block away.
When I visit San Francisco, this is one of my favorite places to stay.

Stayed: June 2014

Thanks, MinervaNichole! We love you right back, and are so delighted to receive this "A+" grade. The linen, location, and land crew will all be here to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This being our 9th visit, as we were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and my wife's birthday
we were given an upgrade with a complimentary bottle of wine and goodies.

The management and staff made us feel very welcome. This hotel is spotlessly clean, rooms are spacious, very comfortable

Each evening there is free wine tasting.

This hotel is very well situated, very near to pier 39 and a few yards from the cable car and trams.

Would certainly recommend this hotel and will be returning next year for our 10th visit from the U.K.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the Golden Gate Bridge
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reesgillvin!
I see you have struck TripAdvisor once again! It will be so neat to see your smiling faces board the Argonaut once more in early Summer next year for your 2015 "double celebration." I have enjoyed sharing your inspiring and uplifting life stories with some of my colleagues here.
I'm happy we made you feel welcome, though of course we are the ones who should be thanking you!!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I stayed her for 3 nights in July, and we couldn't have asked for a better place. Most likely this is where we'll stay next time we go to San Francisco again.

The location can't get much better. It's right down on the end of Fisherman's Wharf. You can walk to pretty much anywhere in the city easily from here. A long walk to some places, but you can do it. If you don't want to walk, there's a trolley stop right outside. It's also very easy to get a taxi. If you call down first, the valet guys will have one waiting for you. You can also rent bicycles right next door, and either ride of walk to the GG bridge. If you enjoy running or biking, there is a great trail right outside the front door that goes all the way to the bridge, across it, and even further on the other side.

The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. From the photos I saw, it looked a little small to me, but our room was very large, clean, modern looking, and the bed was extremely comfortable. They also had a very large, jet tub, with plenty of room for two.

The service was also great. We didn't eat at the hotel, so can't comment not he food. But, everyone we dealt with... doorman, valet, front desk, and concierge were all very friendly and accommodating. Superb customer service all around. At least for us, this was the perfect place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adam N

Thanks, Adam N! We appreciate hearing that the team's service really shined and the two of you had such a great time. The soaking tubs in the suites are just the best, and I think it's so neat to soak with some of the wines offered in the lobby while you look out at the views!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for three maybe four nights in a room with a view of Alcatraz. The linen was so lush, soft and clean! I'm a huge fan of quality linen and you can see they did well here. The room was well sized. The staff were especially warm and friendly and seemed genuine which I found endearing. The best part and I don't know why we were surprised was the restaurant attached to the Argonaut was outstanding! (Except for the coffee, sorry, somehow Americans just don't get good coffee). We practically had all our breakfasts and dinners there because we have a toddler. It was well priced, the staff and service was wonderful. You have to try their Seafood chowder. Blows you mind! Breakfast was good too. Lots of healthy options.
Location wise, it is situated in the quieter part of San Fran which is great if you want a good nights sleep and especially have kids or are jet lagged.

There is a tram stop around the corner. Grocery stores one block up. Lovely park around the corner if you have kids.
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Divya77
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Wooohoo! Thanks, Divya77.

I just shared a copy of your review with the restaurant GM as well. They'll be delighted to know that they brought that extra delight to the start (and sometimes end) of your days here with us.

And I know just what you mean: it's all about a good night's sleep and a comfy bed, and I'm glad you loved the sheets, too! Cheers!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Loved the theme and decor! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We even had a few special requests for the room due to specific dietary needs and they had all of those completed upon our arrival. Great location, just a short walk to the heart of Fisherman's Wharf. It’s also conveniently located across the street from the cable car pickup. We would absolutely stay here again should we find ourselves in San Francisco!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mlbdld

Thanks, mlbdld!

I'm so happy that you'll be coming back to the Argonaut for any future trips to San Francisco. It is like cheating to have a location this good, but of course we're happy to see the care and attention to detail from the staff made the difference as well.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My family and I decided to do a road trip up north and booked this hotel at the last minute. I'm so happy I did. The kids loved the nautical theme in the room. The location is fantastic as it is right in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf. You can catch the Powell-Hyde trolley right next door, which takes you to all the tourist spots. It's walking distance to Little Italy, and of course, all the seafood restaurants in the wharf. The best part of our stay was the complimentary wine hour between 5 and 6. My husband and I got to relax while the kids happily played the Wii nearby. It was also a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world, and the kids always had friends to play with.

I was looking forward to having my fill of seafood but I didn't have to go very far to get some awesome chowder. The hotel restaurant, The Blue Mermaid, had the most the amazing crab and corn chowder I've ever had. Breakfast was mediocre, but the dinner menu was amazing!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi, ScudeNjott!

Thanks for making the spur-of-the-moment decision to come check at the Argonaut here at the waterfront!

I am happy to hear it was fun for the whole family, and everyone enjoyed the wine party -- and of course the famous chowder (addictive!!!).